Photo

What Do You Want To See In Future Versions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#21 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

little reminder..

it is bloody ard to get rank 50.. the more rank u have the slower u gain exp..

and at rank 50 u get like 10% the exp u would get at rank1..

#22 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Agreed, ranks should have more of an impact then more mana regen lol

Lets do what they do in zombie shooters!
The higher the rank, the more damage you do but you have less hp.

So those that don't learn anything are going to get screwed.

Then some people might be force to load lower codes, completely change strategies as they rank up etc.

Gamplay would be much more exicitng ^_^.

While I'm at it people infected with virus should randomly lose hp or even straight out die since its a VIRUS not happy pills.

Btw I have no problem with using virus on a hero since I can revive them but if a merc dies with it its GG for them so could mercs infected be turned into weak heroes?

#23 k9mancer

k9mancer

Private 2

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

Encourage more teamwork!! Make bases with bonuses that actually work better when you work with others in your base. FS is a team game after all.

#24 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Encourage more teamwork!! Make bases with bonuses that actually work better when you work with others in your base. FS is a team game after all.

Agreed, yeah its "cool" to solo but its also boring, whats the point you might as well just play single player.  Yeah its cool for a challenge but after you've done it, gets boring.

#25 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Agreed, yeah its "cool" to solo but its also boring, whats the point you might as well just play single player.  Yeah its cool for a challenge but after you've done it, gets boring.

Probably won't be in the next version, but Zer0o made some awesome bases/ideas for them. Some seem more solo orientated and some seem great for team basing. Can't find link (read as too lazy).

#26 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

you cant find the link .. cuz zer0o requested to "hide or remove" the topic .. dont really remember :P 

#27 Zer0o

Zer0o

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Requested to delete the topic because someone (*cough cough*) decided to spam the topic with posts regarding PM's and how I will "Lose PM's" or something, no clue tbh haha <.< In the end the topic didnt really help at all and caused more trouble that it should so I asked Waffle if he could delete it and he did shortly afterwards.

#28 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

We did save all your great ideas tho :) might even implement some in time for next release if we find the time.

#29 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Sounds good, im excited to see, wish i could be more active, finally working now so its always good to c everyones input, well done.

#30 HellfireJimson

HellfireJimson

Private 2

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Bring back the tower that looked like a steam tank...and create many more.

Edited by HellfireJimson, 02 October 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#31 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

if you find somebody who has both time and competence to redo the entire build menus system...

i don't think i need say anything more..

#32 HellfireJimson

HellfireJimson

Private 2

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

touche Waffle, touche...

lol

#33 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

i might note that there are both ppl with time and ppl with competence in the dev team.  but these sets tend not to overlap very often in issues relating to triggers/code.

like mentioned so man times before.. we are very much looking for ppl who have even basic coding skills.

#34 HellfireJimson

HellfireJimson

Private 2

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

I would love to contribute in some way shape or form, i do have a little experience with map editor mainly with creating and altering units/spells etc etc haven't done much at all to do with codes/triggers, but with that said im keen to learn,  if you know of any good tutorials i could check out that be great.

#35 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

the best place to start :

http://world-editor-....thehelper.net/

I'm afraid i don't have time to look up many others atm. but i'm always open to questions :) 

#36 HellfireJimson

HellfireJimson

Private 2

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Alright cool, thanks waffle ill keep that in mind. Ill let you know how i go with it all.

#37 polo

polo

Private 2

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

nothing new as this is simply a sum of what i posted in the suggestion forums but reading the patch log i notice that you want the game to be more of a chalange hence the buff to bosses and nerf to repair keys but instead of buffing monster why not simply apply  a nerf to lumber production?  say:

building speed of structures are now based on a research rather than on how many factorys/ repair bots you have around said building, this not only makes lumbering harder by adding an extra cost, but olso removes the need to do the same task over and over and over wich is nothing but an anoyance.  

second thing is that transmuting aka minimills should come with a drawback, i know they are neccesary for lv 7 mills but watching how everyone rush to get the alchemist just feels wrong, heck the few  F.S matchs i find is not uncommon for players to leave the match with a nice "f*** you" if someone else grab the alche before them :blink: . 

third thing will be to make librarys more valuable, a research that increase their production would be welcome

#38 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Well researches to make mills build faster will eventually result in people doing the same thing over and over again; once people find either a build/research order they like or the most effective one, people will just keep doing that over and over again.

#39 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

nothing new as this is simply a sum of what i posted in the suggestion forums but reading the patch log i notice that you want the game to be more of a chalange hence the buff to bosses and nerf to repair keys but instead of buffing monster why not simply apply  a nerf to lumber production?  say:

building speed of structures are now based on a research rather than on how many factorys/ repair bots you have around said building, this not only makes lumbering harder by adding an extra cost, but olso removes the need to do the same task over and over and over wich is nothing but an anoyance.  

second thing is that transmuting aka minimills should come with a drawback, i know they are neccesary for lv 7 mills but watching how everyone rush to get the alchemist just feels wrong, heck the few  F.S matchs i find is not uncommon for players to leave the match with a nice "f*** you" if someone else grab the alche before them :blink: . 

third thing will be to make librarys more valuable, a research that increase their production would be welcome

Well researches to make mills build faster will eventually result in people doing the same thing over and over again; once people find either a build/research order they like or the most effective one, people will just keep doing that over and over again.

<what Dwarf said> --> what polo said would result in more complexity for noobs and not have real impact on how pros play. current form, suggestion rejected.

(game should be easiliy approachable and noob friendly for any chance to grow this community, penalising noobs should not be done lightly)

( ... insert long rambling bout complex formation mills evils here ...)

#40 polo

polo

Private 2

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

<what Dwarf said> --> what polo said would result in more complexity for noobs and not have real impact on how pros play. current form, suggestion rejected.

(game should be easiliy approachable and noob friendly for any chance to grow this community, penalising noobs should not be done lightly)

( ... insert long rambling bout complex formation mills evils here ...)

was actualy tring to make their life easier not harder :(, making building speed be based on a research instead of factory should reduce the repetitive task giving them more time to micro other things like what are your towers/marines shooting, i mean as the noob i am i lost count on how many matchs i lost becouse i got so focused on the build 4 -> trasnmute ->build 4 -> trasnmute->etc.. that i didnt see that boss wrecking havock in my walls  while my marines where shooting who knows what  :P.

-

minimills nerf was mostly to put a stop to the "get alche or you are f** up" situations. may be instead of nerfing minimill,  normal mills could get a boost like they produce wood at a faster rate say:
normal mills: +50% SPEED PRODUCTION

minimill: same speed prodution

since miimills use 1/4 of the space normal mills do is not such a crazy idea.