Photo

What Do You Want To See In Future Versions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Michael

Baby Michael

The Lonely Librarian

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

Currently we are dealing with all of the event and contest items, boss balancing, and cleaning up all of the triggers.

• Not to mention the SC2 map.

Now with each update, it's more of a touch up for us to make the game run smoother.

But what we want to know is what do you really want to see new in future versions?

• New Rooms?
  • New Bosses?
  • More Heroes?
  • Different story line?
  • New commands?

Please leave your thoughts and comments below!

And please, make your suggestions reasonable and realistic! :D

#2 sHs(Fattony)

sHs(Fattony)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

I would say More Rooms! Because i get complains every time i host new vers on my bot, they say "Its still the same vers?"

So rooms should be first priority. 

Take a look on this nice base, would be cool if it could be put in

LUYzlP4.jpg

#3 k9mancer

k9mancer

Private 2

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

Maybe cinematics when something big happens? like when the trojan enters the fortress or when he turns into narjort.

#4 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

• More Heroes for Rank 50 Only like Legendary or something and
  • New story line/Cinematics at the ending
  • New Bases/Rooms 
  • New Boss or change the model of other boss to New one
  • Add More design to map specialy in rooms make it more realistic 
  • Change or Fix some other skills

Heres my Suggestion List:

http://fortress-surv...gestion-part-1/

http://fortress-surv...gestion-part-2/

http://fortress-surv...gestion-part-3/

http://fortress-surv...estion-for-620/

Edited by ReD, 17 August 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#5 Lt_Storm

Lt_Storm

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I would like for Lt Storm to be buffed xD
But honestly more small one wall bases and I still think a melee hero would be a good addition. Then for bases I think there should be more with either special towers or normal towers to start like the bottom left.
Another cool thing would be able to "prestige" and restart leveling again and be given an award for doing it.

Maybe cinematics when something big happens? like when the trojan enters the fortress or when he turns into narjort.

if this is implemented can you add a way for a player 2 be able to skip cinematic because I find the once in it annoying enough as it is.

#6 iCptCanada

iCptCanada

Private 2

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

A few suggestions.

-Similar to Storms Idea, Add a melee hero with a ult that makes him hard to kill and increases his attack speed allowing him to take on bosses in a melee fight.

-Fix the port harbor to have only 1 entrance, or at least move it around so it has 2 smaller entrances that only one wall can fit, cause currently its a hard base to get a good offence cause of the lack of space you have after Repair stuctures and such.
-Make a new mode that for it to be enabled you have to have all rank 50's in the lobby and select NM+Air/Invis and it will pop up saying "Insert New mode name here" +%60 hp and damage to monsters, and also unlocks a new boss instead of demonic eternia, something much harder, not flying per say but something you are going to need 3-4 "godlike tomed out" heroes for and have to be able to do a successful tank rotation but you unlock the ultimate hero that has permaflight? and invis? something like that. 
-Also consider Bigheaded's lumber per minute command found here: http://fortress-surv...minute-command/

-Also new bases, smaller ones, or maybe ones with unique properties like the security room, maybe have one with a sniper tower or something that goes up to rank 10 but costs something insane to upgrade like 50g 2000lumber but hurts bosses.

-Again, like somebody said, New models for the final bosses like the Trojan and Najort, something more demonic of the Najort and something more burning legion based instead of a simple rexxar model, the RoTRP maps have a cool Demon version of rexxar, its all red and shiznit. 

-New Items in the shop, something more interesting than a DPS and Magic DPS items, maybe cool thing like a Hexing item, or Item that increases damage of nearby friendly units by %10 and towers by %15, or a nearby enemy units get reduced attack speed or damage for X duration.

-Enemy Debuff Aura statue? with similar properties to the ones I said above.

-Custom Terrain/Ground Texture? alot can be found here http://www.hiveworks...=list&r=20&t=31

one that stood out to me after a quick look would be this ground texture http://www.hiveworks...=list&r=20&t=31

-All the little things, go over the map and add or remove some of those little props you think might be outdated or go ahead and add new ones.

-HOW ABOUT AN EASTER EGG? Lol

-Complete the Alchemist hero!

-Repair keys are a little cheap for what they can do, just saying, if your looking to add something to improve difficulty.

-If you really want to improves difficulty, you can add stuff like "Increased Prices" and "Increased Build Time" to game modes, again not trying to make anybody angry, just throwing suggestions.

-Expand the map? make it larger, add a few bases, maybe some other spots?

-Add some more hidden perma-shops like the librarian, maybe one who sells nice Hero items :)

Anyways, these are some of the things just off the top of my head, you can have a gander and see if you like them or not. Give some feedback if you like some of them, if you dislike them then nothing needs to be said about them. Hope you have a good read :)

-Mar.

#7 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

1. Unique Base Buffs

I would like to see some of the bases receive their own unique effects, to encourage people to try new tactics. For example, I have yet to see anyone even attempt to base in the library, because it's such a difficult layout to work with. Perhaps adding a set of bookshelves to it, and making it a quest to defend them for 10 minutes or so to receive control of them would help. Sure, it would be a massive boost to get instant free bookshelves, but you would be required to stay in that base to make use of them. 

The Zen/Flower gardens could each receive a boost of some kind, similar to the science lab. Perhaps towers built in the Zen garden could have a faster attack speed, and buildings in the Flower garden could gain passive regeneration. 

Towers in the Sewage Treatment Plant could gain a poison effect, similar to the assassin's poison. After all, if you get shot with an arrow covered in waste, I guarantee you'd be getting some kind of funky infection without proper medical attention. Maybe even with medical attention. 

The tombstones in the Cemetery could gain the toggled Raise Dead spell, so that any mobs slain in/near it would be resurrected as skeletons to fight for the player, with their stats dependent on what they were raised from.

The Iron Gate in the Courtyard could use something to make it relevant. Perhaps breaking it down could spawn a powerful mob to fight for the player in a time of need? Just give it a timed life (perhaps 30-60 seconds,) so that the player wouldn't have control of it for the entire match. 

The Tree base could use something to spice things up. Maybe treants could periodically spawn outside of it to fight for the player, or you could gain control of a powerful Ancient.  

Something should be done with the Librarians old location. It's just kind of a waste of space at this point.

2. Towers

Mana burn towers need revamping so that they can actually be useful. Perhaps giving them a skill, similar to the Night Elf Moonwell building, would be sufficient. Allow them to generate mana over time, and to steal it with attacks, and then be able to use that mana to restore health/mana to units. Upgrades could be added to the command center, allowing for increased mana regeneration and higher mana capacity. 

Also, it would be neat if we could build sets of towers and see their effects synchronized for greater effect. For example, enemies chilled by a frost tower would take additional damage from a coil tower, or enemies stunned by a rock thrower could take additional damage from flame towers. I have no experience with the editor though, so this idea may be too complicated.

3. Unit Victories

A base designed with unit victories in mind. Change Baramarthru and Rikimaru's spawn points to this base, and have it start with a unique building in place. This building would spawn melee units over time, similar to the castle in Footmen Frenzy maps. Upgrading the building would unlock stronger units. By giving these units a timed life, you could prevent the player from gaining a ridiculously huge army, and by having their health/damage scale with the difficulty, you could make them stay relevant, but not overpowered, on any difficulty. 

4. More Modes

A new challenge, similar to air/invisible. I would like to see Zombie mode, in which any mob that dies would spawn an undead zombie. I got this idea while playing on NM+air+invis, when the snowman knocked out Lt. Storm and he went all zombie on my repairs. In this mode, the Fortress Defenders would be wiped out much earlier, and since they wouldn't be there to hold the enemies off, players would be forced to step up their game. Furthermore, if you don't protect the units in your base, you would suddenly have a small army behind your walls to worry about. 

5. Heroes

I feel like the Tinker needs a massive buff. I've seen 2 people try using him, and neither of them was successful. I've seen talk about him being meant for team basing, but haven't seen anyone use him in that situation either. Using him myself, I felt like I had a useless hero, only good for his Cogs of Time move and early game tanking. The magic attack of his ranged form makes him totally worthless when the hero is needed most. His melee form lets him tank alright at the beginning of a match, but later in the game he can't even survive long on the easier difficulties unless you tome him to ridiculous. Perhaps a start would be to change the magic attack on his ranged form, and to increase the defense boost of his melee form. Or his melee form would be fine if he was changed to be a strength hero. Also, when changing forms, he will lose his virus buff if he has been given one. 

I would also like to see a couple heroes built purely for support. Maybe one used for unit victories, using moves such as spirit link, health regeneration/attack speed/damage auras, and healing moves, and the other used to buff buildings attack, health, and armor. 

6. Paratroopers

I really like summoning paratroopers with the sentry post, but there are a couple of issues with the current system. One, you summon them in small numbers, in which they're nothing more than a nuisance for the enemy. On the other hand, if you summon them in large numbers, they cluster up and don't go anywhere, making them useless unless you lead mobs to them. Also, when clustering up, they will eventually build up massive numbers, which I believe causes lag and desyncing. If anyone is basing near that area when clustering begins to happen, they can start spawning in that persons base, screwing them over.

One possible solution to this would be to change their spawn point, maybe have 4 points that they can spawn at (one at each portal) and have a patrol route from that portal to the center of the map. The split spawn points would help keep clustering down to a minimum, and the constant patrolling would keep them in combat, sustaining losses and keeping their numbers down. 

7. Continue the story.

It's always seemed odd to me that we just fight for an hour, stuff dies, and that's the end. What about the source of the attackers? Maybe after Eternia dies, make it possible to destroy the four portals, and then we bust open the basement passage, moving beneath the fortress to a new map. Once through the basement passage, the tables are turned and we're invading the enemy stronghold to slay their general. 

Edited by Krehara, 17 August 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#8 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

I like kreharas idea of a zombie mode but It seems like it would be way too overwhelming with air on because they would die in your base and it would be way too hard to defend the inside of your base simply because of air and against range early because you're really not going to have a source of healing for your mercs. But a new mode would be cool

#9 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

AA mercs are dirt cheap. especially for u :P

#10 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

...and i thought i had a lot of ideas

with what Krehara said on the hero for support. I was wondering maybe instead of dmg aura Commander should get a book with a bunch of auras inside it ^_^. This would allow Commander to have more auras and look cooler :P while not taking up any space for useful spells.

Also maybe some uber expensive/strong upgrade for mercs? Like 10,000 wood for 100k hp and +1000 dmg on all mercs. Since they useless as hell on infinate survival.

#11 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

for 10k wood..
they would still be squishy

they would still be useless at killing stuff

they would still be hard to manage

and u get better results just toming your hero.. (80 tomes for 10k.. means 1200 primary stat and 400 others) 

#12 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Clearly lvl 2 would cost 20k wood and increase 200k hp and 2k dmg! These upgrades should clearly go up to infinity to be on par with infinite survival!

"still be squishy" ZERGLING RUSH

"still be useless at killing stuff" COMMANDER ROAR

"still be hard to manage"...when are they hard to manage, set rally point, idgaf, train more (maybe artillery that scatters them but that's a different issue >.>)

"and u get better results just toming your hero.. (80 tomes for 10k.. means 1200 primary stat and 400 others)" mate 1000 dmg per merc! That's 20,000 dmg if you had 0 bots on final tier mercs and 40,000 on lower tiered mercs. Then you gotta throw in the Commander's roar/dmg aura. Then this upgrade will apply to Commander's paratroopers (i hope >.>).

#13 redzyrcha

redzyrcha

Private 2

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

I too would say more rooms because get tired seeing every single base again and again... 

Might I suggest a room called "The Machinery" you know cause its the future, yes you have lasers and other futuristic things but you forgot the one thing that is seen in the future, Robots 

I know there's this Repair bot and Repair units... but why not create  a robot unit you know like Mecha Warrior or Android Guard

Edited by redzyrcha, 21 August 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#14 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

@hello

one word... ARMOR

#15 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

@Waffle

What do you mean?!

Once you hit 99.9% armor becomes completely obsolete

You would need millions just for a 0.01% increase.

Armor is clearly worthless.

We need an increase in the basic stats to get these soldiers on par with the enemy forces!

#16 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

"armor does NOT lose its value"

"but with 1000 armor you still receive half the damae u'd get with 970 armor."

Terrible example from what I'm reading 1000 armor recieves the same damage as 970 armor which contradicts the first point i quoted.

If i am only a person who "is only ppl like you who get distraced by the ratio" then you should explain it in a way a person who gets distracted can understand it.

P.S I did not say it LOSSES value I was saying at it's value diminishes as it gets higher. (then again this is only worth mentioning when lifesteal is involved so you can trade off damage for hp stolen >.>)

#17 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

the point you are missing is the number you see is ROUNDED the number war3 uses internally is a full 32bit float that has tons more precision.

if it takes 100 armor to go from 97% to 98% then that doesn't mean the first 99 armor have no effect. 

the % is a real number (heck 97% really stands for 0.97) its just that many digits are cut off the end that are actually significant. normal war3 games cant reach over 70% so they are not considered important.

(will post now go to look up on what the caracteristics of the damage reduction function will be.. )

#18 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

The argument ends here..

http://www.youtube.c...O4&feature=plcp

basically each point of armor has nearly identical effect (least in the 1-25 range this holds very precicely..)

EDIT: just put the values in an excel table..

and i was amazed..

basically u get ARMOR_DAMAGE_REDUCTION_MULTIPLIER* HP worth of effective hp, allways (tested like 100 rows and 7-8 points of precision, was rock solid , changing the constant the effect remained with very different constant values)

effect: armors effect is IDENTICAL no matter how many points u allready have.

(attached the excel...)

Attached Files

#19 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Good bit to know about armor. Until now, I was one of those people who thought it had diminishing effects as well.

I think we can all agree that units need a boost. In the current game, you really just need an alchemist if you can't use the alchemist hero/want to use a different hero, and a few wizards for permanent polymorph. The rest of your units (if you even bother with them) will either be snipers for damage or marines/firebats for stuns, possibly a Lt.123HELLO to buff your hero. But overall, you can get away with just using the wizards. 

Hello's post made me realize that we don't actually have any team upgrades for units, something that I had been overlooking. Also, the upgrades that we do have for units, are severely underpowered for the current state of the game. Units need to be reevaluated and brought up to date. An entire army of the strongest unit (Lt.123HELLO) equipped with 2 healthstones or black larceny's each will die to a small group of enemies, about half their number. For the amount of resources it costs to pull off an army like that, the end result is just pathetic. I don't expect 20 units to each be a hero in itself, but I do expect to be able to do something with them, aside from spamming polymorph.

Some possibilities...

-Adding additional levels to existing upgrades, or increasing their power, or even both, would be a good start

-Adding in an upgrade to increase the base armor of units is something else that should be done

-A team upgrade for unit regeneration, similar to Solar Batteries, and perhaps dodge chance as well

-Maybe add a team upgrade(s) for increased health/armor/damage

-Add a tanky melee unit to the tier 3 mercenary tent

This unit suggestion is slightly off topic... but I'd like to see the Alchemist unit made more accessible early in the game. Currently, you have to spend 25 lumber and wait just to get the mercenary tent to level 3. After that, you have to spend 60 on the alchemist, and because he starts with 0 mana, another 30 on a mana potion. On Impossible or Nightmare difficulty... I don't really think that's a viable option for most players, myself included. Waiting for that long, and spending that much early game lumber, before you can even begin to lumber effectively, kinda screws you. If you don't get one of the 3 alchemists that spawn at the start, you're pretty much forced to go with the alchemist hero if you're soloing. 

While I'm on the topic of units, I'd also like to take a moment and elaborate on my idea for a unit base, mentioned in my last post. The unique building I had in mind would have four levels. The first 3 levels would spawn units with timed life. The first level would allow the player to have 2 swordsmen up at all times. The second level would allow 3 tauren bodyguards at a time, and the third would allow 4 firebats.

The fourth level of the building would spawn 5 unique units. They would be stronger versions of Lt. Storm, Lt. Vince, Baramarthru, Rikimaru, and a Medic. They would be permanent units. Storm would have a thorns aura, Vince would have an endurance aura, Baramarthru would have an upgraded command aura, Rikimaru would have an upgraded devotion aura, and the Medic would have an unholy aura+inner fire+heal.

Also, if I were able to choose the base for this, I would go with The Hold... it just sounds like a good place to find an army.

#20 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

• More Heroes for Rank 50 Only like Legendary or something and
  • New story line/Cinematics at the ending
  • New Bases/Rooms 
  • New Boss or change the model of other boss to New one
  • Add More design to map specialy in rooms make it more realistic 
  • Change or Fix some other skills

Heres my Suggestion List:

http://fortress-surv...gestion-part-1/