Photo

Frequently Asked Questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#21 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Orrrr a huge alternative remove heroes all together so the game will now be tower based again ^_^

IT WAS NEVER TOWER BASED FOR ME...

After the first 50 games where i spammed rock towers and easily killed all bosses.

#22 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

i don't think we will be removing heroes altogether...

(even if it would solve some unwanted consequences.. it would just piss off 90% the community.. and we care very much about the community)

#23 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Like Waffle has said before, towers can actually do quite a bit on their own (provided it's a large base) and can really shine when you have a lumberer. There's little chance Shadow Sniper would be clearing mobs as quickly as towers do (until you start toming, getting elemental blasting staff, and larcenies of course).

#24 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

my problem with towers .. is that if u get an assasin tower .. and an air boss attacks it for example .. "wyrg" it dies in 2 hits if maxed out all the HP .. so it isnt worth it when towers are so fragile, take alot of time to buildm and dont do that much damage.. i mean without Repair keys if najort attacks a wall "devils Brazier" on his berserk .. if u have 10x assasin towers he can easily Eat the whole base and the towers wont do shit .. 

For towers to be affective i think the damage should be increases or additional upgrades added .. cuz current towers are not worth it 1 bit .. 

#25 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

sounds like you have suboptimal repair setup or missing upgrades....

#26 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

i have 13 repair bots worth 65 food .. and i max my armor upgrade with a granite wall before stealer comes. had 8x Assasin towers attacking the stealer took 10 minutes to kill him .. i had the damage upgrade in team research done .. and had a defensive aura +6 armor and an offensive aura + sentry scope .. 10 minutes for stealer with 8x assains towers maxed .. towers are ultra weak in my opinion .. i died when Shadowchoas came and other bosses the stealer wouldnt die and rest of bossses kept healing .. will give u a screen shot of the build .. 

#27 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

you only had +6 armor statue? u should get at least +9..

also u need a good MIX of towers.

assassin is just for dps.. (their slow is ok but not op)

u need frost (instant 10% slow, stacks with assassins)

u need some file (chaos damage is good against bosses)

u need some rock towers (stun! nothing is more powerful than completely disabling a unit :) ) OR maxed gravity towers.. (good damage + statis trap is basically AOE stun!)

u need aura tower (attack boost: the 1g 25w one basically double damage) 

u never used wizards or any mercs for support??

theres a lvl2 merc with slow attack..

wizard is very effective always..

snipers/marines god good damage..

#28 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

My Build "is Repairs , walls some towers " mainly assasins and then i go Build Mills .. cuz i am solo .. my assasins were criting 800~ .. nope i dont get mercs early need the wood to upgrade mills .. my walls held and kept him out 10 minutes .. then he died and then creeps just go so imba.. that's .. + Alch hero is esentially useless cuz ur human is not that free to do mills .. and if i get a sniper hero  .. i need to spend mana pots on my merc alch then i can;t Upgrade walls early on . and they fail .. thats why basing without walling is Easier faster and better .. my human has more time to do mills .. my tanks "paras" are available and dont fail. + tower damage is just so low .. they are basicly useless unless u spam 20~ towers .. 

#29 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

20 towers is not "spamming".. u can fit like 40 towers in some bases.. easy..

we SO need incentivise tower use more...

#30 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

well u cant get 20 or 40 towers if ur playing Solo totally building the wood and walls .. not possible 

#31 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

hint hint..

factories speed up the building of ALL buildings.

place down a few factories and then build towers around them... and then you can..

#32 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

For once i agree with Oufo, I maxed all upgrades and got Devils Brazier thought I wouldn't need keys but Najort pounded my wall all the way into granite form before he got downed. And the only reason the towers dont do much to bosses, Because if you look closely it says "Miss, miss, miss, miss". Right now in the current version towers are not strong enough to defeat the end game bosses fast, Their is only one thing to do in a situation like this... Bring back the RICOCHET TOWER......

#33 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

remind me again why rikochet tower would cure this..

i mean sure the bounces ignore evasion.. but not the first attack(the highest damage). (since other creeps die nearly instantly.. that doesn't leave much room for bounces+ towers will end up all attacking bosses directly)

also boss evasion should be like 75% atm.... i guess we could lower it more....

ps. im not AGAINST bringing back the rikochet tower.. i just cant see its value in curing this specific issue..)

#34 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

Was a joke -_- But yep take out the tower forgot the name the one that does the cyclone and is magic damage and does mana damage you know the useless one ^_^ And replace with ricochet ftw!!

#35 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

dnt think u should lower the evasion .. i tihnk there should be damage tower upgrades .. like 5 of them or something each increases tower damage by 25% .. lets say they cost 500 1st one .. +500 for each upgrade. k :) 

#36 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

An idea after reading through this...

1. How about drastically increasing the attack speed of most bosses as well as giving them life steal?

• For one, this would help balance the weaker bosses so they aren't just free gold.
  • Without a fairly strong hero, you would need towers to slow/stun as well as provide a little more damage. 

2. Slightly buff towers so that they are a more viable option?

• Reducing their cost slightly would be a start.
  • Increasing the effects of assassin's poison and frost towers chill would help out.
  • Possibly add a new upgrade to the towers to increase their base damage.
  • Last, I think it may be a good idea to slightly reduce the build times of most towers.

If evasion is lowered on the last 3 bosses, I'd suggest increasing their armor and magic resist slightly, as well as giving them a hefty amount of lifesteal. That way towers could play a bigger role in killing them (may actually be necessary to help kill Najort when he pops his avatar) without actually making the bosses weaker.

#37 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Reducing build time would be great and giving the toweers more hp .. it's stupid to build towers if they are gonna get destroyed in 1 or 2 hits by air bosses..

ยป Giving lifesteal to all bosses wont be great i think .. cuz then all bosses will be exactly the same thing .. it would be cool if there's a range boss thou.

#38 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

hint hint: adding more levels of tower hp upgrades. as well as utility hp upgrades.

took aggressive steps to nerf heroes overall.

will nerf commander hero so he can't solo with paras the entire game..

#39 Nythra

Nythra

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

I know its an old thread but i wanted to join in =P

I agree with Oufo on the towers. Towers take forever to build and upgrade and get slaughtered by damn near anything that can deal damage. 

Building mills and bringing in lumber is far more important, nerfing heroes is pointless unless towers get seriously buffed.

ATM its like a fork in the road, either build towers and face having substandard lumber and weak hero, or lumber like crazy, get strong hero and win.

Basically, unless towers are buffed ALOT (HP, DAMAGE) then the build time kills the use of them. Even then the magic damage towers are pointless. Including frost. I never use it ever. Because it might help a little with weak bosses, but the stronger ones are immune. Then the problem arises, if u spend a lot of time building towers, your neglecting lumber, which u need for the walls, towers, repairbots and mechanics. Hero's are just more efficient.

• Nevo likes this

#40 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

had some real pros take a run on a recent beta recently.

got definite approval and towers are much more useful now (and have very powerful upgrades now)

• Nevo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users