Photo

Items

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

Who? Me? My idea works but it is annoying to make. smile.gif I just want something done, i don't care how.

#22 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Prodigy @ Nov 15 2009, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who? Me? My idea works but it is annoying to make. smile.gif I just want something done, i don't care how.

Obviously he's talking about you since he said you're a Fail Bringer and you're name is Prodigy....

Not FailBringer

#23 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

well i've been called thing similar to that, no my name is not failbringer but for some reason i didn't realize that was his name, oops... That was one of my few fails

#24 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

my failure even reaches memory.

I think getting that teleport could be a good start biggrin.gif i rly would like to see items in fortress surv.

about what Falcon proposed ("claiming bases" or "zone control") we could use a droppable flag tongue.gif what do you think about it.

#25 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Prodigy @ Nov 17 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i've been called thing similar to that, no my name is not failbringer but for some reason i didn't realize that was his name, oops... That was one of my few many fails

#26 Halithor

Halithor

Retired Survivor

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Okay, I am gonna give my 2 cents about this topic.

I WOULD like to see items, but not items that upgrade buildings. I want Marine items, maybe some Machine guns and such. When I first made marines I had in mind that they would have no skills, they would buy a class item, which would change their class. Example: Medical Kit for Medic, Sniper Rifle would class them to sniper, etc... These new classes would be much stronger and have new abilities. The marines would have to be level 20 to class up though, so you wouldn't be able to do it early game.

I was also thinking of making items that bonus stats. Like Explosive ammo, or maybe Armor. Stuff like that.

I would NEVER make items for buildings.

#27 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:33 AM

what about items that MAKE buildings (i.e summoned buildings)

#28 Halithor

Halithor

Retired Survivor

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:23 AM

That's basically a gold wall shortcut shortcut. If items made buildings you wouldn't need you builder, no.

#29 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:20 AM

make them cost like 100 wood or something biggrin.gif

#30 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:51 AM

Hi its me again with my items obsession

I thought about something, something that couldnt include items and higher difficulty biggrin.gif :

There could be special units (my best example would be elementals...) that would need to be shot something at them so they can receive damage otherwise they'd escape any damage. something like that.
Items would be different guns for range maybe and specific bullets for the right enemy.

(If you don't like the idea maybe just adding "the elementals" as a new type of monsters (with invis and air))

also grenades could be funny ^^

OH and I thought maybe renaming invis units to "ghosts" could be a big more badass ^^

Edited by Failbringer, 02 December 2009 - 03:54 AM.

#31 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Failbringer @ Dec 2 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi its me again with my items obsession

I thought about something, something that couldnt include items and higher difficulty biggrin.gif :

There could be special units (my best example would be elementals...) that would need to be shot something at them so they can receive damage otherwise they'd escape any damage. something like that.
Items would be different guns for range maybe and specific bullets for the right enemy.

(If you don't like the idea maybe just adding "the elementals" as a new type of monsters (with invis and air))

also grenades could be funny ^^

OH and I thought maybe renaming invis units to "ghosts" could be a big more badass ^^

what he probably means is:
Fire elemental: cannot be attacked by flame towers otherwise, oh noes! hp regen! Frost towers deal extra dmg.
as well as water elemental+lightning elemental+earth elemental.

#32 HammerDeDeath

HammerDeDeath

Imperfect Moderator

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

I like the renaming invis to ghosts idea

#33 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (HammerDeDeath @ Dec 3 2009, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the renaming invis to ghosts idea

ghosts can pass through walls.

#34 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (duckne55 @ Dec 2 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ghosts can pass through walls.

haha I have a new idea :
you know the sentry post? prehaps we could make an upgrade that prevents ghosts from passing through walls tongue.gif
Ghosts would have a passive skill to pass through walls that gets denied once they're in the aura zone.

or maybe is it a bit too "ghostbuster" for you guys? XDD

Edited by Failbringer, 03 December 2009 - 02:16 AM.

#35 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

hmmm? whadyathink??????

edit : lol sry for doublepost

Edited by Failbringer, 08 December 2009 - 06:46 PM.

#36 j3w666

j3w666

Private First Class

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Failbringer @ Dec 3 2009, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha I have a new idea :
you know the sentry post? prehaps we could make an upgrade that prevents ghosts from passing through walls tongue.gif
Ghosts would have a passive skill to pass through walls that gets denied once they're in the aura zone.

or maybe is it a bit too "ghostbuster" for you guys? XDD

Ahaha not quite.. but then if they can go through walls people would all rush to get sentrys so they dont get their ass owned... Cool idea but idk if it would work

#37 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

since this is my suggestion box...here's another suggestion:

i've seen in some other maps (mostly zombie survival or something like that) there was ammo being used when fired.
now i know this may complicates things a lil bit if we did put ammo in every tower but i thought of a mortar tower (that could upgrade to missiles tower, etc)
with buyable ammunitions and manual utilisation, for example :
1-you buy the grenades or whatever the ammo is,
2-you drop them in the inventory
3-you fire the mortar tower (a castable aoe spell with a fair range)

now i know about the inventory problem (when you switch builder :/ i've seen double menu builders before, idk if thats an option you guys don't want to choose or what...)
but the "buy the grenades and place them" part could be removed and just cast the "fire" spell for 1 wood or something (gets pricier as you upgrade)

#38 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

that'd be cool but hard to do. Maybe sell items to itself?

#39 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

here's another idea:

lets say we want to use ammo for our towers then maybe we could use the mana
and have an upgrade in upgrade center which increases mana regen and mana pool...

that could apply to that mortar tower too.

edit : also, the mortar's final upgrade could be the Nuclear Silo with the "Nuclear Launch detected" sound from starcraft that would be nice lolll
we could set a huge range for that tower but a limit of one per player.

Edited by Failbringer, 11 February 2010 - 02:05 AM.

#40 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

hahaha ur name says it all. FAIL BRINGER.. lol. just kidding xD. Peace :D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users