Items

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hi this is Failbringer!!

my suggestion is to have some buyable items from a buildable shop. Also i heard of builder classes comming for 4.8 but i thought of a buildable "elementary/highschool/university" where we could get some builder upgrades.

heres a list of items i'd like to see :

-Hammer/drill (to build faster)
-some wood/metal plates to instantly repair a portion of a wall

and some other stuff maybe.

#2 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

Not a bad idea except for the "elementary/high school/university" part... I, and I'm sure many others agree that they dislike being reminded of school while playing FS tongue.gif...

If this were to happen though we'd probably need more item ideas.

#3 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:17 AM

a buildable blacksmith :

at level 1 :

-hammer(build/repair faster level1)
-wooden plate (heal walls level1)
-maybe some bolts and nuts as armor givers (+1 armor when used)
-buyable scope to increase tower range ;p (+100 range)

at level 2 :

-silver hammer(build/repair level2)(maybe as a recipe needing hammer level1)
-metal plate (heal walls level2)
-silver bolts and nuts (+2 armor)
-silver scope (+200 range)

etc.

maybe a level 3 blacksmith with golden stuff

and what about special abilities for towers? you buy the recipe and use it on tower to unlock the ability.

edit : also since its a fortress i thought we might find some objects like tables and chair allrdy on the floor. They could be only decorative or maybe if we could destroy them, it would give one wood for a chair and 2 for a table (takes 30 or 20 sec to destroy).

2nd edit : The school idea was interesting to me cause the Upgrade center is like...just a bunch of upgrades all packed in one building lol, its more simple but I'd like to see something like a levelable upgrade center.

Edited by Failbringer, 05 November 2009 - 06:43 PM.

#4 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

i've been experimenting with items and as long as you don't switch build menus you keep your items. the reason being that the builders are being replaced for the menu to be switched. If you want items you'd have to first switch how the builders switch menus unless items are only for marines and other such units that don't require menus to be switched.

Levelable upgrade center would mean if you missed an upgrade you would have to rebuild a new one before you could use that upgrade again, if i am understanding you correctly...

sorry if you feel as though i am shooting the ideas down, it's just my experience with such stuff so i want to try to keep others from wasting time on stuff that doesn't work, etc. smile.gif

#5 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Prodigy @ Nov 6 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've been experimenting with items and as long as you don't switch build menus you keep your items. the reason being that the builders are being replaced for the menu to be switched. If you want items you'd have to first switch how the builders switch menus unless items are only for marines and other such units that don't require menus to be switched.

it should be relatively simple to add a trigger to copy the items bought in one worker to the other
QUOTE (Prodigy @ Nov 6 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Levelable upgrade center would mean if you missed an upgrade you would have to rebuild a new one before you could use that upgrade again, if i am understanding you correctly...

just make it like the real blacksmith in normal WC3 maps.

im not for or against this idea though.

#6 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Prodigy @ Nov 5 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry if you feel as though i am shooting the ideas down, it's just my experience with such stuff so i want to try to keep others from wasting time on stuff that doesn't work, etc. smile.gif

Hehe no its ok you have a good point but yeah there should be a way to copy the items....Btw if its needed we could make two building menus instead of switching the builder ohmy.gif idk why it is that way but i've seen builders with more than one menu in other maps.
QUOTE (duckne55 @ Nov 5 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just make it like the real blacksmith in normal WC3 maps.

yeah you can simply add new upgrades once you level the blacksmith instead of removing to change all the available upgrades.....now you may say it complicates the game for nothing but thats my goal xDDD

edit : maybe if we'd separate the upgrade center that would be nice...like the walls upgrade could go in one building, towers upgrades in another one, and repair upgrades in a third one...

but im more interrested to see items rather than changing the upgrade center lol.

Edited by Failbringer, 06 November 2009 - 02:24 PM.

#7 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

what about having the structures that are affected have the upgrade built in so you upgrade from the turrets or walls or whatever

#8 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

yeah that could be interresting...also this could bring some kind of classes to the towers tongue.gif so you can choose from a variety of tower class for each tower types....that would multiply the variety of towers lol.

#9 Balonator1992

Balonator1992

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:49 PM

i like the idea for the item shop but im sure u can make it much simpler then what u guys make it to be. but i think the items should be only to improve the builder preformances like to blink farther/repair faster/build faster/ run faster/more hp/ temporary invulrebility and such because we all had the unfortunate problem of running into a random monster in the middle of the map.

#10 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

I agree, i'm more concerned about the items, i dont rly mind about changing the upgrade center since its good enough... and spreading the upgrades everywhere may ease down a bit more the game since you could make many upgrades at once.

#11 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:04 AM

the builder isnt supposed to be a super soldier.

#12 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:11 AM

Elder I can promise you he won't be able to fly...

But on the other hand they can already blink.. I'd say that itself is super

#13 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:30 AM

how about a one use tele staff to anywhere on the map?

#14 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

lol, sounds like fun to me biggrin.gif

#15 DeadDude

DeadDude

Private First Class

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:35 AM

i like the idea of items for the builder, but i'd rather not have to get research from my walls. I'm too used to building an upgrade center and making it into a control group for easy and fast research when i need it. Having a new upgrade center or a 2nd one wouldn't bother me because i could hot-key them into groups. Aka ctrl + 1/2. It would be neat to have items to make the builder repair faster or build faster because some towers take forever to build ->gravity mostly. About the teleport anywhere on the map, there would be no point to having an item to improve hp or blink or add invulnerable if you can tp anywhere you want.

#16 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (DeadDude @ Nov 12 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About the teleport anywhere on the map, there would be no point to having an item to improve hp or blink or add invulnerable if you can tp anywhere you want.

it's one use, PLUS you can't teleport to a place which you have not explored yet.

#17 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (duckne55 @ Nov 12 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's one use, PLUS you can't teleport to a place which you have not explored yet.

I found a way you can... tongue.gif using triggers and a dummy unit that casts flare at the position you can create an effective teleport anywhere ability. I can make it but not explain it, but it is possible. smile.gif It isn't too hard. I'm sure Nevo can figure it out, if he wanted to.

#18 saw792

saw792

Retired Survivor

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:06 AM

Or you could just trigger the blink...

#19 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

i like really complicated ways of doing things as long as it works though i don't care, probably why my map has problems from time to time... Anyways do it how you feel as long as something gets done i'm satisfied.

#20 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

well. i will not support your idea. because you are a fail bringer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users