Photo

Need to Vent

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 ppkkmmaann

ppkkmmaann

Private

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:41 AM

I just made an account to vent my frustration towards this game. After spending an absurd amount of time ranking from 50 to 60 I am filled with nothing but rage. The so called “Excellent” item you get for your hero now is nothing short but insulting…Those who start with 1 of the starter wall packs get 5,000 hp while this item gives only 1,500. I do not see myself trying to go from 60-70 just to unlock a new hero now either.

After playing countless games I have come to realization that the hardest mode is impossible to beat without 3-4 players who have custom heroes and start with lv4 lumber mill and advanced repair facility. I understand these players paid and worked hard to earn those rewards, but for those that chose not to I am upset that it required so much effort to rank up and be given an item that is worthless next to a $5 donation item.

I feel much better now after getting all that out. Thank you for the countless hours of enjoyment and frustration you have given me over the years. 

#2 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:50 AM

You get an item for rank up? must have missed that...

If its not fun tho why do you keep playing?

We are open to suggestions tho.. getting to rank 50+ is definitely impressive, especially when not relying on donator trinkets. it might be a good idea to add some nice bonus for that.

That said the main bonus for ranking up currently is access to new heroes, fame, and op mana regen aura for a cuple of units(at rank 50 you ever ran out of mana recently?).

At any rate, thanks for the feedback, we will take this chance to review some things. :)

#3 MinchaTD

MinchaTD

Private 2

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:23 PM

Yes, there is a level 60 item called Starter Armor or something which gives 16 armor and 1.5k hp i believe.

I do agree with him that there should be a better rank up reward or one each 5-10 levels like +10 damage or something, dunno.

Nightmare isn't an invulnerable beast master with 150 armor you know, just get the right base and be decent and you can do it.

Even i've done it without a custom hero and all those other items you listed and im called the worst lumberer above 60 by everyone i know lol.

#4 GhosTz

GhosTz

Private 2

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

Well, again. There are competitions you can enter, not even having to win.
As I recall, there are consolation prizes just for entering.

I don't really know if I'd go so far, as to say it should be better. But atleast earned at earlier levels. 

Since I'm posting on forums again in a millenium. I'd like to bring this up.

About the competition system, as you all shoul know. Many of the players who are considered "elite" ofcourse they do very well in the competitions, because they are really good, and have everything memorized in their fingers. If what I said earlier towards the prize compensation rather than levels, then there are multiple options. 

You could make different ranking competitions, such as "Easy-Normal-Hard" ranking competitions, with higher rewards. Or atleast make such as, if you've won 1 competition, then there would be a cooldown period, in where others would have the chance to win aswell, rather than the same 5 winning constantly. 

These are ofcourse just ideas, so they would need some adjustment and what not. 

#5 miraksy

miraksy

Private 2

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

Ok since you are not the only person who says that nightmare is impossible without custom things i played 2 games and saved the replay. 

Attached File  nightmare , no air , visible , x4.w3g   361.51KB   7 downloads

-Here i played with x4 bosses and since they have so much health the weak bosses blocked the stronger ones and made it a bit too boring .

Attached File  nightmare , no air , visible , x1.w3g   356.08KB   8 downloads

-Here with only 1 boss , tried to play only with towers but the base was too small in order to mass them.

-They still got stuck at the end because the towers were not strong enough in order to kill the monsters.(this wouldn't happen if there were more bases to take a part of the spawn).

-nearly died when 2 ranged minions killed my repairs and some towers while i was not paying attention.

Warcraft 3 version 1.27a 

Fortress-survival version : 6.76

I only used the code from first game when i played the 2nd one in order to unlock and play with  tinker.

PS : Those were my first games after 3-4 months in which i haven't play at all . Had another 2 tries in which i died ( 1 at trojan at x4 and the other at around minute 30 at x1) 

#6 AlreadyDead

AlreadyDead

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:08 PM

Is this always the answer?  grrr..  You know no one would even care, we'd all play on normal like the n00bs we are, if it weren't for the two items you can obtain in your save code that actually have use.  Wings of Behemoth (must beat nightmare) and elemental stone (must kill eternia on Nightmare/Air/Invis).  The wings are really only useful at the start to speed up travel, but the stone is a must to buff your hero. And what happened to all the bases? Like everything got shrunk so much I seriously wonder why we even have towers any more.  Just build mills 1 at a time with some super micro craziness and put attack items on a Hero.  This is what the game has become... I guess I'll still play 6.42 at least then the last hero was so OP I never needed to cheat, but I did need to utilize towers to some degree, since there wasn't super crazy attack items yet...  That was the reward for ranking up was getting to play with a super OP hero. 

( ranting and raving )..... no one cares anymore  :(

Considering the lack of players on Battle.net maybe you should consider giving a buff to solo players, maybe giving player(0) full shared control of Comps.. [and run at the start cuz those mobs will kill]

Try using 4 builders, two to lumber, one for shelves, one for walls/towers....  Wasn't this the original game design?  WTF happened??

I feel for all who need to vent...  Plz do, seems the only action the forums get anymore, and maybe if enough peeps cry mommy will give us a cookie

#7 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

i agree, the decline of proper towering is rly sad :'(

#8 miraksy

miraksy

Private 2

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:05 PM

I think that we play the harder modes because we want it to be challenging not just some chill and relax game.

About the items that you mentioned , the wings are most likely going to be useless all game but the elemental stone is a really strong item for easy/normal/mad difficulty making the game , like you said mills and heroes.

IMO the heroes shouldn't be able to solo everything like they do now with the right amount of lumber invested in them. The hero role when they first got introduced till the last version that i played before i took a pause( 6.10) was really fitting in terms of damage and utility (except for commander, he was op ) . 

Towers are indeed way to weak compared to the heroes and to the amount of lumber that you have to invest in them . Some of them are still good in terms of utility but others are really useless. Maybe offensive towers will shine again when the planned tower rank system ( or something like that) will be introduced. 

Also having only 1 builder with all the structures is all right .

That's my opinion if you are interested and apologies for my poor english.

#9 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:37 PM

No apologies needed.  just 'venting' is allowed on this topic..  and is too late.. I did it.. well awhile ago I did it, but..  don't knock it until you try it

*Sometimes in anger I do things I regret*  -I think this is not one of those times

If you don't know, you don't need to know... 

maybe I'd fine tune some other stuffs but much of what I have once was.. and looking at something after the optimizer has had it is horrendus indeed

besides I'd want to do this and that [paratroopers bug me] and add somekind of 2nd hero and I have this feeling we not all on the same page

towers cause fatals I thought (certain combos or something) but much of what I do is hacks anyways so maybe is just me..

besides the real issue is time... I once was bored.. am no more.  Winter can be long tho

Attached Files

#10 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:33 AM

I wouldn't really use same standard/views from playing nightmare and easy. Some people feel like towers are useless while hero and items are too op because for those who learned and knew how to play knows that you don't really need much lumber production and damage output to win easy to normal mode, especially many people on battle.net only play ground/visible/1~2 bosses only, of course some players may feel bored or empty seeing that an unit carries items makes towers useless. Towers are necessary (sure, not all of them) for all modes. You need a big base and long time to be able to finish the game with towers_only on impossible mode, which already proven that towers have decent damage output, towers not only give players choice on easier modes to be the output instead of mercenary and hero, but help tremendously for experienced player to defend against (not necessary harder mode) 4X boss, and/or invisible, and/or air. . . . tell me how you can survive without using stalling technique on impossible_air_invisible_4x bosses ... you tower, while buildings are less vulnerable to AOE abilities from bosses. // For those who thinks that all you need to do is crazy micro and build mills, I can only say that you haven't experienced fortress survival thorough enough, while building mills/lumber production is necessary to help you defend . . . no matter you tower or just buy items, you should be proud to know what to do to survive harder mode. // I cannot recall exact versions... but game has been updated for reasons, either requests from players, unbalance, bugs, or whatever . . . you don't expect your main source of income to be rely on number of kills, or people who are closer to middle gets all the income and further players don't get enough income to defend later bosses, and alchemist is given at start for reason, so don't "mass" tower to delay time to build mills. use repairs to help you build mills faster, explore all option/access you have for the game in single player mode to save you time to learn the easy way instead of repetition of doing same basic mistakes that can be corrected easily and comment on how hard the game is.        Fortress survival has many options, you can play accordingly or challenge yourself in other ways, you can do crazy micro building mills on easy mode pretending you are preparing for nightmare, or simply enjoy the easy game and communicate or teach other players, at least you get to know when certain bosses show up or how fast you can lumber, but your main purpose wouldn't be to be proudly beating easy mode with knowledge and skill for mad/impossible/nightmare and complaining items are too op that make towers useless on easier mode...if you don't like easy mode you should just start a new game and be red. Players should not always use stalling technique (unless limited by base size) and say that towers are not important. killing bosses gives you significant income to boost upgrades, although balance on everything is challenging, it gives you fair enough of incentive not to stall. . .    Play accordingly, at least I'm happy that FS gives us many option and difficulty levels.

#11 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:31 AM

hmmmm theres histories contest which made people goes *naked* for scoring don't we? the hardest mode was surely possible with the right peoples and set ups (If we wasn't given any limitation, except not using free items) Custom heroes wasn't that of necessary unless u planned on solo-ing it (although the game was never designed to be a solo game, i suppose) with the right combination u can still easily get to the end of it with a PROPER team  ..

As for donation part... Please ..surely you have not seen the China or Korean maps... their cash hero on certain hero defenses modes are more outrages ... and really..please if you wanted to touch on that part...
What do you gonna say on the Cash players on free MMORPG, phone games, DLCs etc etc