Photo

translating to other languanges?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gemtd

gemtd

Private

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:07 AM

Hi everyone, There is a lot interest for fortress survival at netease client. However, due to the language barrier, it is difficult for new players. I am willing to help translate to chinese language, is there anyone who I should contact?

#2 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

hmm

are you thinking of adding chinese language support to the existing map or making a clone that is chinese only?

either way i'm afraid it will be rather painful.

if you are still interested contact me on skype: "joonas.liik@hotmail.com"

disclaimer: you may be forced to prove to nevo you are not about to make off with his map (apparrently that is a thing, or so he thinks anyway :P )

#3 gemtd

gemtd

Private

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:15 AM

hmm

are you thinking of adding chinese language support to the existing map or making a clone that is chinese only?
either way i'm afraid it will be rather painful.

if you are still interested contact me on skype: "joonas.liik@hotmail.com"

disclaimer: you may be forced to prove to nevo you are not about to make off with his map (apparrently that is a thing, or so he thinks anyway :P )

Hi Waffle,

Either add a line under all English in Chinese or changing all text to Chinese is fine. Brute forcing the translation is definately quite painful.

I will try to get skype running though it is not used here. I am willing to just do translating with the files you or Nevo provide to me so no need to give unprotected map.

#4 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

A Majority of the strings and values are hard-coded and there was never a languages structure defined for ease of changing the words either to something else or in this case, another language entirely. While you are not the first to ask for a Chinese version of Fortress Survival, I would be most interested to have a poll/tally done somewhere (either on this website or another) that would ask the question of how many people want Fortress Survival Alpha in Chinese.

Needless to say if the numbers are large enough, I will seriously consider this and work with you.

Most users of this community are unaware of how many Chinese users we actually have however a vast majority of sales/donations do come from the Chinese and/or Asian Users which literally puts them above all other players because of how much support they have provided to the project.

You are welcome to attract as much attention to this as you can, if you'd really like a Chinese FS version, please show me how many others want this as-well.

#5 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:05 PM

there also exists a steam group in addition to the skype group i think. tho i dont usualyl keep it online when not playing a steam game i totally could. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users