Latoy

Private

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:38 AM

can u please nerf Lt.Stealer and Shadow of chaos they're OP AF

#2 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:46 AM

what difficulty and boss mode you play  ?

#3 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

Both bosses are supposed to be OP

Normally, the other bosses pose way less treat in making you lose the game.

So, we need a few ones that will be way stronger and make the game balanced.

There are a lot of options to counter them, are you using them?

1° you can train Wizards from mercenary HQ. They have a hex ability, that will turn the unit target into a sheep for a few seconds. Having a few of them gives you enough time to breath and keep your walls safe until you kill them.

2° you can train marines, they stun effect. Having a few would also help a lot, since the bosses would attack less.

3° you can also buy a few repair keys as a last resort. Its quite expensive, but its better than losing the game.

I recommend you to check out the contests threads and watch the videos posted there. http://fortress-surv...t-annoucements/
There are a lot of them, and you can see how people usually kill those bosses.

I know its hard, but maybe you havent tried everything and thats why you feel like its too difficult too kill them.

• Nevo, mv1990 and KeXi like this

#4 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:46 AM

Also, you can add like line of 4 x assassin tower (stacking poison effect, which reduces attackrate) and one ice tower on each side and maybe 1-2 in middle too behind assassins, depending of how wide entrance it is to defend. General offers nice armor aura, endurance aura, +dmg aura + roar which reduces attack damage for a moment. Also some heroes have slowing aura or better waveclearing potential than others. There is even more tricks to do, just get creative :)

Also, against stealer for example, walls hp pool plays bigger role because chaos attack goes partially trough the armor. Repair units and bots are better be upgraded more than half way and since their repair is %-based, bigger hp pool also increase the hp repaired per second. So doubling the hp also doubles the effectiveness of repairunits/bots.

Lets have an example about situation 1 where we have 4 wall entrance, we fit there 8 repair units and 12 repair bots. Repair units are lvl5 (10 lumber state) and bots are lvl2 (15 lumber state). Lvl 5 repair unit has 80% efficiency and lvl2 bot 50%. Total rate that those 4 walls can be repaired (combined) is therefore 8 x 0,8 + 12 x 0,5 = 12,4

If we upg all repair units and bot once, it costs exactly 400 lumber (8 x 20 + 12 x 20 = 400).

Lvl6 repair unit has 86,66...% and lvl3 repair bot 60% efficiency.

New rate would be then 8 x 0,866.. + 12 x 0,6 = 14,133 which is ~ +14% more repair rate. More is more, but can we do better?

Lets consider situation 2, we have granite walls with 0 hp upgrades. Lets upgrade them to dark walls 4 x 100 lumber = 400. How much would that increse repairing instead of making the previous repair unit / bot upgrade? Hp increases from granites 60 000 -> darks 75 000. Since repairing is %-hp based, not only we get 15k more buffer but repairing will be (75 000 - 60 000) / 60 000 = 25% faster, which almost doubles the effectiveness compared to upgrading the repairing only.

with hp upgrades the wall upgrade loses just slightly its effectiveness (compared to repair upg), because the flat 15 000 hp becomes less meaningfull when base hp is increased and repair upg (situation 1) also benefits from hp upg. lvl1 hp upg (3 lumber) -> 24,2%, lvl2 (3+33) -> 23,4%, ..., lvl23 (3+33+63+...) -> 14,15%. But the downside of 23 levels of 2k hp upgs is that it costs 7659 lumber :D

Edited by KeXi, 15 April 2016 - 07:22 PM.
Added stuff

• Nevo and mv1990 like this

#5 Latoy

Latoy

Private

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

Oh okay, thanks for all of your advice. I'm just unaware that there are countermeasures for them. I'm just playing it in normal mode, I'm not a pro I've managed it to reach rank 35 solo and I really like the windrunner hero but I think it's not recommended because her damage and attack speed are not that great unlike the shaman, or is there a way to make her useful? because I'm tired using commander again and again.

Edited by Latoy, 15 April 2016 - 08:36 AM.

#6 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:37 PM

What do you use to play warcraft? Garena, battle.net?

You could try playing with others, thats the fastest way to get a hang of the tricks of the game.

There are a lot of things you can do, but just talking about them here turn is not so helpful and the message is not that clear.

For starters, do you have elemental stone? Its the main offensive achievement of the map, and its what makes the heroes strong and enables you to beat the map

early/mid game. Other than that, you should always get your heroes the items from the attack tab on the vendor: Electrical fist, Magma fist, Super Larceny...

#7 Latoy

Latoy

Private

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:55 PM

I don't know what elemental stone is. But I can now finish the game.  thanks for all advice.

#8 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:13 AM

http://fortress-surv...hat-is-it-r1580

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users