Photo

Fatal Error???

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 E.K.2.

E.K.2.

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

When I playing, It had occured fatal error WTF?

Addition, In 6.57, fatal error had occured next game...

• Nevo likes this

#2 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:54 PM

I have been playing 6.59 with custom hero with death wave ability, and I had about 9 fatal error in the past 10 hours, fatal error was quite rare for me when I don't play with hero with death wave or super nova . . . I find no absolute relationship, but it's what I think that may be the trigger

• Nevo likes this

#3 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Does this occur in the previous versions?

#4 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:56 AM

@Nevo: Like I said, it rarely happened to me before other than 9~11 hours of endless waves that took all of my resources. But I had about 10 fatal error in the past 12 hours when I kept playing new custom hero and restart Warcraft application file almost every game. Fatal error didn't just happen with same command or behavior, and it could happen without doing anything... I had no fatal error for more than 30 games played on 6.58 and 6.59 without hero and with Commander, Scientist, Alchemist, and Medic. I "believe" I have played with custom hero on version 6.58 once on Battle.net game hosted by ENT, and it crashed right after Tyrant was killed.

I had another fatal error minutes ago right after I "blink" when I was fighting Eternia...?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is weird, I have no fatal error today for 5 games already with custom hero. . . 1/14/16

Attached Files

• Nevo likes this

#5 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

5 games in a row with fatal error by using custom hero with cog of time and deathwave, Astronomer, Tinker, and Witch in version 6.59.

All 5 of them occurred in early stages.

I have played 3 games earlier without hero and no fatal error.

Attached Files

• Nevo likes this

#6 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:18 AM

well... it still happend in 6.60 i played recently but suddenly fatal error.

#7 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:43 AM

This could be just a resource consumption problem; however, I'll keep uploading new fatal error for whoever have time to analyze the possible causes. Fatal Error occurred in 6.60.

Attached Files

#8 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

Started to get fatal errors as well, trying contest in local area game, happens really often and around 42 min left on survive-timer. Pretty much same time when invis starts knocking behind the walls :huh: . The newest version is where it started to happen more often, don't remember such in previous version like 6.62 and older ones.

#9 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:14 AM

I had 3 fatal error earlier playing version 6.64, not sure what caused it ... 1 at around 42 minutes, 1 at 38, 1 at eternia ...

about 3 out of 20 games I played in the past hours.

--------------------------------

Also, I did encounter the "explosion" bug once at the beginning of the game where...only my energy walls, not normal walls (had both as start item) exploded for no reason...

--------------------------------

I'm too lazy to create another post, and here's another new bug... see pictures and replay

when one of my walls broke down it f**king moved...after second chance tech was activated...

Attached Files

• Nevo likes this

#10 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

i had the same problem one time for the wall that explosed but was unable tu recreate it, it was my energy wall also, two player in that game had this problem, it was same as you in beggining of the game

#11 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

I forgot to mention that... larcenies don't get destroyed by chaos/splash attack from Eternia. That being said, I believe it may also apply to Excalibur where their models look the same.

• Nevo likes this

#12 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:12 PM

I forgot to mention that... larcenies don't get destroyed by chaos/splash attack from Eternia. That being said, I believe it may also apply to Excalibur where their models look the same.

I thought Items are not normally destroyed by creeps/bosses however it turns out Bosses, especially final bosses can target and destroy items. The models Larceny Items are using have nothing to do with the configuration of if they were indeed targeted for destruction.

Edited by Nevo, 01 March 2016 - 01:08 AM.

#13 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

@nevo: ever since I started to do Eternia runs years ago, all the items on the ground can only/already be destroyed by Eternia (Not necessary directly target on those items, but the chaos/splash attack from Eternia will also destroy everything in attack range includes the items on the ground).. And larcenies in previous versions (before the item model change) can still be destroyed whereas in 6.64 larcenies could remained on the floor and other items such as maga fist/electric fist/orbs/etc were destroyed by Eternia...

That being said, both situation can be referred as bug?... Either items shouldn't be destroyed by Bosses including Eternia, or all items on the ground can be destroyed by Eternia where there shouldn't be any exception.

• Nevo likes this

#14 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:09 AM

@nevo: ever since I started to do Eternia runs years ago, all the items on the ground can only/already be destroyed by Eternia (Not necessary directly target on those items, but the chaos/splash attack from Eternia will also destroy everything in attack range includes the items on the ground).. And larcenies in previous versions (before the item model change) can still be destroyed whereas in 6.64 larcenies could remained on the floor and other items such as maga fist/electric fist/orbs/etc were destroyed by Eternia...

That being said, both situation can be referred as bug?... Either items shouldn't be destroyed by Bosses including Eternia, or all items on the ground can be destroyed by Eternia where there shouldn't be any exception.

I've confirmed if indeed bosses are able to destroy items and modified my previous post.

For future versions, would you prefer that Bosses no-longer be able to target items?

#15 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:18 AM

@nevo: all players should vote if you think it is necessary.

I would vote that we remain the same (items should be destroyed from splash attack, but remove larcenies/(Excalibur) from exception) while only Eternia can affect items on the ground.  . . . not to nerf/debuf Eternia...lol. The reason I brought this up is that ... consistency makes me feel better; however, it's not a big problem at the moment, it's more like a simple feedback or merely an observational thought from gaming experience.

#16 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:51 AM

Excalibur shouldnt be destroy, its excalibur :), other items idc really it can remain the same

#17 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:02 AM

@nevo: all players should vote if you think it is necessary.

I would vote that we remain the same (items should be destroyed from splash attack, but remove larcenies/(Excalibur) from exception) while only Eternia can affect items on the ground.  . . . not to nerf/debuf Eternia...lol. The reason I brought this up is that ... consistency makes me feel better; however, it's not a big problem at the moment, it's more like a simple feedback or merely an observational thought from gaming experience.

There would be no way to make certain items have an exception to being targeted.

I have maximized the health points of most items (from 99999 to 500,000), this will all take effect in versions 6.55+.

Edited by Nevo, 01 March 2016 - 04:07 AM.

• mv1990 likes this

#18 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:03 PM

given the high splash damage of eternia it migh turn out we need another approach to keep the items alive tho.

#19 Esco

Esco

Private

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

This fatal error is still around in 6.67P

Attached Files

Edited by Esco, 09 March 2016 - 08:01 AM.

• Nevo likes this

#20 Ariel

Ariel

Private 2

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:06 AM

The fatal errors in 6.71 (which I have never gotten until this version) don't seem to have anything to do with the bookshelves bug. I fataled building repair bots at the start of the game. I also played one online with a friend and this one was offline LAN by myself if that matters at all.

Not sure if this helps but I thought I might as well say something!

Edited by Ariel, 26 March 2016 - 06:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users