Photo

[Contest 6] Lumber Against Stealer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

Welcome to the [Contest 6] Fortress Survival Lumber Against Stealer!!!

Who can get the most Lumber Production before LT.Stealer is Spawned?!

CONTEST START DATE: August 11

CONTEST END DATE: August 25

RULES:

• MUST PLAY 6.45+
  • Don't wait until the last hour to post your entry.
  • Higher Difficulties will gain more consideration.
  • You must submit your in-game name where you would like the prizes to be awarded.
  • There will be three winners chosen by our highly trained staff!
  • Entries have to make sense and have enough detail to justify your submission.
  • Remember we expect enough effort from all submissions and will take them seriously so we ask that you do too.   :P
  • When Lt.Stealer Spawns ( 25 - 30 min mark ), you must take your first screenshot followed by a second screenshot of your Lumber Production using command " -wps " (MAXIMIZE YOUR KILLBOARD).
  • You can include multiple screenshots for better results followed by a description explaining your lumbering strategy.
  • The contest will be going on for two weeks so keep trying to get your best score before actually making your submission. 

Five Winners Announced!

• E.K.2.
  • diggymo_o
  • Cidiaus
  • AlreadyDead
  • sieghart93

• SoulSurvivor and diggymo_o like this

#2 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

well.. a noob question maybe??
When does the Lt Stealer spawn... i mean the exact time.... theres no way u gonna count it by the time it reach the base right?
and theres no condition of being solo or wat so ever?

Edited by Sieghart93, 11 August 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#3 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

well.. a noob question maybe??
When does the Lt Stealer spawn... i mean the exact time.... theres no way u gonna count it by the time it reach the base right?
and theres no condition of being solo or wat so ever?

There is no condition of being solo or playing with teammates. The time is roughly around 25-30 minutes after the game is started. You will see a text that will state once LT.Stealer has spawned and you should be ready to take your first screenshot... followed by a second screenshot after you type the " - wps " command to see your Production. If LT.Stealer gets to your base within your screenshots, we will technically consider that valid however other submissions that have screenshots taken earlier will gain more consideration.

#4 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

erhh.. sorry then... i never noticed that system message before =.=''

#5 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

erhh.. sorry then... i never noticed that system message before =.=''

All bosses when they spawn have a message that say they have entered the fortress. In Nightmare mode, where double bosses spawn, the message also includes the Clone spawning in the message.

#6 jampre02

jampre02

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

i have a weird view of the contest. If multiple players one can concentrate on pure lumbering while others act as support. Nothing wrong with that but what if there are 2 or more lumberers supporting the player who's going to enter the contest sending him more lumber. I don't think that can be monitored with screenshots and i don't think that would be fair for solo players. I hope the rules gets modified or at least make fair for solo or team play games. Thanks for reading and i hope what i said made sense.

#7 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

i have a weird view of the contest. If multiple players one can concentrate on pure lumbering while others act as support. Nothing wrong with that but what if there are 2 or more lumberers supporting the player who's going to enter the contest sending him more lumber. I don't think that can be monitored with screenshots and i don't think that would be fair for solo players. I hope the rules gets modified or at least make fair for solo or team play games. Thanks for reading and i hope what i said made sense.

Depending on the submissions, solo players gain more consideration and have a much higher chance of winning then a player who has teammates helping them so the best players are most likely going to be playing a game alone possibly filled with computer slots to make sure they get the best results! :)

• jampre02 likes this

#8 jampre02

jampre02

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Depending on the submissions, solo players gain more consideration and have a much higher chance of winning then a player who has teammates helping them so the best players are most likely going to be playing a game alone possibly filled with computer slots to make sure they get the best results! :)

Now thats fair :P good luck to those whose joining :P

#9 R-Pootis

R-Pootis

Private First Class

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

Question: If i'll lumbering, and have a teammate who is walling me, would i have lesser chances on win?

#10 Nightfore

Nightfore

Private

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

In Game name : Nightfore

Game modes: Nightmare,Air,Invisible

I took Alchemist hero to get more mana regen to build non-stop lumber mill and the faster possible

I put 2 Repairs units on the middle , they got a lesser range but it is better than repair factory. Here these 2 repairs units can all lumber mill i construct in

When Lt.Stealer appeared

1407768363-when-lt-stealer-appeared.png

My lumber production

1407768371-my-lumber-production.png

Note : The real lumber production should be 18.975 before i upgrade my lumber mill lvl 3 (There was 12 [Lumber Mill Level 3 0.1w/s] upgrading to lvl 4) or 21.075 if it's was upgraded <.<"

I am again sorry if i speak bad english , i hope u understood Oo" 

Nevo, on 11 Aug 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:snapback.png

RULES:

Higher Difficulties will gain more consideration.

Nevo, on 11 Aug 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Depending on the submissions, solo players gain more consideration and have a much higher chance of winning then a player who has teammates helping them so the best players are most likely going to be playing a game alone possibly filled with computer slots to make sure they get the best results!  :)

<.<" You didn't say , solo players will gain more consideration t_t"

Edited by Nightfore, 11 August 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#11 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

In Game name : Nightfore

Game modes: Nightmare,Air,Invisible

I took Alchemist hero to get more mana regen to build non-stop lumber mill and the faster possible

I put 2 Repairs units on the middle , they got a lesser range but it is better than repair factory. Here these 2 repairs units can all lumber mill i construct in

I am again sorry if i speak bad english , i hope u understood Oo" 

<.<" You didn't say , solo players will gain more consideration t_t"

You must have your Killboard showing your Lumber Production because -wps isn't enough.

#12 jinsou420

jinsou420

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

Very nice i join in :) good luck to everyone :) Player name:dokodoko1 Game Mode : Mad,noair,invisible

My strategy : I go Graveyard,so skeleton defend me as + kill and mass lumber i pick up alchemist hero for alot of mana and fast transmute,i hope everyone has fun and win,be well :))

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Edited by jinsou420, 11 August 2014 - 12:29 PM.

• SoulSurvivor likes this

#13 aasa4643

aasa4643

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Player Name: aasa4643 
Game Mode: mad, no air, no invisible

I'm faster than the wood produced right next to a tree that produces a fast oxygen and other people and places fast robot production 
So I keep looking hayeotseupnidaeul reduced wood production located in different corners another monster hat 
Sorry, my English is a point of immaturity

11.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

111.jpg

Edited by Nevo, 13 August 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#14 SnKPortgasDAce

SnKPortgasDAce

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

aasa4643 u didn't read the description of the event,

You have to take a screen of 'Lt Stealer join the fortress' and a 2nd screen of you're -wps , you have 25-30 min to do you're 2nd screen with -wps (i thinks its that)

so sorry but i thinks n3vo will not accept this !

Thanks to read one more time all the description of the event !!

• When Lt.Stealer Spawns ( 25 - 30 min mark ), you must take your first screenshot followed by a second screenshot of your Lumber Production using command " -wps " (MAXIMIZE YOUR KILLBOARD).

#15 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

Name:  SoulSurvivor
Base:  V-74 Bravo
Its a few screenshots but I don't think it justifies what I do, so I'll include my solo replay.
I tend to find solo-play easier as other players greatly effect the outcome of the game, and without proper teamwork you get a crowd of bosses at your door after they all die. <_<
The Mill-Build:  Approx. 5 mills/30 secs.
The Mill Build.jpg
Truth be told I only succeed on the Hardest difficulties 1/3 time, as it requires diligent multitasking and great strategy to win.
But its the challenge that makes it so fun, and Nightmare mode is just that; a Nightmare.
Lt. Stealers entrance:  8.950/sec
Lt Stealers Entrance.jpg
Still fighting Stealers but after 1st Level 7 was placed:  14.600/sec
Fighting Stealers.jpg
First Stealer Kill:  13.875/sec
1st Stealer Kill.jpg
Second Stealer Kill:  15.075
2nd Stealer Kill.jpg

My rate really isn't all that great, I did it more for example maybie :wacko:
Replay Link:  https://www.mediafir...dcbo1dwgx3wp1c6

Attached Thumbnails

• x3wkgp.jpg
  • bcrrn.jpg
  • 6tdy5d.jpg
  • 2uo57as.jpg

• jampre02 and Blackwizzard9 like this

#16 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Name: TheDwarfLard 

Base: X-65 

Modes: Nightmare, air, invis 

b905098911eca86a5126734718678474.png

Tried again on a different version with slightly better results

• SoulSurvivor, diggymo_o and Cidiaus like this

#17 jampre02

jampre02

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

I luv this!  Will have to do a lil' work for it yet, but i think my first post will probably be solo...

Teamers definately have an advantage, but, has been my experience is sooo hard to find a good team...

That being said I'd imagine theres not a ton of really good team players out there...   Maybie I'm wrong...

Should have a post here before the nights over...  BTW (could be wrong but think not) timer is 28 min.'s when Stealer Generates

don't set the bar too high mate lol

#18 SnKPortgasDAce

SnKPortgasDAce

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Hi ! it's ASU]PortgasDAce in-game ! mode : Night,Air,inv  base : the Cemetery

So ! my lumbering strategy was to use repair units of the wall for get a better speed than only repair factory i did 2 lumber per 2 cause... i don't know :D i can also do 4 but this time it was 2 !

I found 2 secret barrel 5 gold 500 wood who saved me alots for this contest ^^ Thanks for reading my post

Good luck everyone ;)

Lt Stealer !

p6tw.png

My -wps !

14n1.png

#19 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

hmmm the post above.. is it acceptable if it is that way?

#20 SnKPortgasDAce

SnKPortgasDAce

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

if u talk about me yes u can

(in the chatango) N3VO:  you can submit it because the contest saids within the 25 - 30 min mark

or just read the chatango for you're question cause i asked if i can put lt stealer and after my wps

here the question :  Snkportgasdace:  nevo i have the screen with lt stealer who spawn at 28:08 and my 2nd screen is on 24:43 it is okay or i have really to do at same time ?

and he answer after that ,

P.S: it was a another game and i sucks at english :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users