Photo

Been Awhile! Back to Suggesting stuff!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 King_Of_Deadxx

King_Of_Deadxx

Corporal

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Alright - I see how alot of people are like 'add a new hero for level 50'! Well i might have just the hero for that. Sadly because i left Wc3 for so long i havn't been able to play FS as much as i wanted! So back to my drawing bored. 

Hero Idea-

Hero Name-

Orc Elite Commander

Real Hero Name (In Game)-

Commander Crackers

Hero Type

Str/Ranged+Melee(If you can do that  :) )

Attack Type?

When in ranged hes chaos when in Melee hes siege.

Armor Type?

Heavy

Speed-

Slow

Rank Required

(Hopefully if Nevo increases it if not then 25)

Abilities:

"Call To Arms"

The commander calls upon a group of highly trained men to help him!

Mana-0(Hero has no mana just a lot of hp and armor)

Level 1:2 Marines

Level 5:5 Marines

Level 10:10 Marines

Level 15:12 Marines
Level 20: 14 Marines

((These Marines he calls ARE Orc Fire bats(Or Any type of orc marine unit  :) ))

"Swap Weapons"

The orc commander swaps his mini gun out for a sword.

(Increases Damage by 75% But is melee (When in this form his aura changes)

15 Second change(15 seconds to change from Melee to Ranged.)

"The Fire'd Commander"

Ranged Form:(Buff) +65% Ranged damage and 15% Attack Speed(Only for Units)

Melee Form:(Buff) +65% HP and 50% More Damage -10% All ranged units around him.

The Gods Might.

The orc commander was one who followed many hands of light but this is his mightiest.

He calls down a strike of Pure out Lightning causing a AOE Stun for 4 seconds and the unit that the stun was for 8 Seconds. (Unlocked at level 20(hero Level)

The commander takes a breath and calls upon a lightning strike.

The Mighty God's Might must be fully charged befor the marine can use it. His glove must uptain 10 kills to start the recharge of the mighty spell.

CD- 180 Seconds.

Mana-0

Alright that was from my Entry from Contest 4! i got second place but i still love the idea. And i wont let it go to waste! I mean it may be extremely hard to make but the lvl 50s need something that can tell them apart from others. 

Now Walls:

I see how you guys did some-what pick up my idea's from the last time i was on here. I like the new walls. The final wall is one hell of a wall! It can surely take a hit. 

The Max armor being 30 is alittle much though. 

There is alot of armor for a wall that has... I would say 18-20 upgrades? I think match them! If there is 30 armor upgrades make 30 wall upgrades! I mean when i play i focus on armor now! Back when it was more depending on HP of the wall. And the repair bots.

New Modes:

Yeah yeah. People want harder modes. So why not give it a option to make a mode. Endless. From the gecko! I mean at the start if you choose Endless you choose from either. "Hell" "Nightmare" "Mad" "Impossible" Please note there is
NO EASY. If you want to do Endless from the start you got to work for it! No More free rides!

What am i thinking... Forgetting something like this! 

Units!:

I love doing bases without towers! It is truly fun! But there is a lack of new units. Its the same stuff! Spam 50 wood marines and wizards. And one commander for buffs. 

New type of units should be put in! I would suggest like... Secret ways of making a special Merc Camp!

Secrets!

I love the newest Fortress Survival because the secrets. It makes the game 10x more fun!  But maybe add some secrets that are bad for the game. So like... Ill give a ex:(Don't use this in game!)

There are 6 crates kill-able in a room. You MUST kill them in the right order or say... A hurricane hits the fortress. -10% of all ranged. Or -20% all tower Damage. 

I love secrets i LOVE finding them. But if there are bad ones put in it would make the game so much harder and so much more fun. Don't over do the bad secrets though... Don't make it hard for newbies on easy because a level 50 messed up all the special secrets just to mess with them. You know?

Imputs! I want to hear what you all have to think or say about this!!

#2 BlueBerryMuffin

BlueBerryMuffin

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

There are secrets around the map already.

#3 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

There's no reason why everyone should be punished because someone opens an unlucky crate that no one else had any say over. Also, we can achieve stuff like this with global events which we've done and continue to add such as Global drought and meteors

#4 King_Of_Deadxx

King_Of_Deadxx

Corporal

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

The moral of the added secrets is to make the game more fun. Like Slower build times? Ummm Slower Speed? Its all just to make it more fun. I see people run around with 4 rainbow staffs buffed out. And they let Trojan hit a portable wall and then outrun a boss. Its no fun.

#5 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

They can't kill Trojan/Najort/Behemoth/Eternia like that (for the first two, a decent amount of damage could be done), but once they have their magic immunity, those staffs won't do anything and they'll have to do damage through hero, towers, or units.

#6 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Staffs are excellent vs mobs, need cursed larcenies and/or lightning fist for the end bosses.

I'd never buy more than 1 staff usually, those end bosses are toughies, and x4 black larceny is expensive...

#7 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

I have suggestion for the devo's maybie isn't the right thread but,

I play alot of games with new players, the same questions it seems to me are always asked:

"how do I make a lvl 7 mill?" or "how do I claim units?" or "why you build so many factories?"
there are more I'm sure just can't member at the moment...  my suggestion is to maybie re-vamp the -help/-tips

normally i just like to say "type -help" (is hard to play and type too) I don't think they are bad really, but many n00bs then

end up using energies as main walls somehow, like they missed the barricades should be your main walls part...

but maybie another line that says "type -tips" to learn the txt commands or something, and in the tips add

"to make a lvl 6 mill = 8 lvl 4 mills around a factory/repairer, lvl 7 mill = 8 lvl 5's [tiny] around a factory/repairer"

There seems to be many new players now in the world of FSA :D  is cuz you Devo's did an awesome job with 6.45 is great!

Maybie i can re-think the wording a bit  for better -help/tips...  The reality is its just best to learn from other exp. players,

the greatest help msgs will not turn a n00b-Pro

#8 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

I have suggestion for the devo's maybie isn't the right thread but,

I play alot of games with new players, the same questions it seems to me are always asked:

"how do I make a lvl 7 mill?" or "how do I claim units?" or "why you build so many factories?"
there are more I'm sure just can't member at the moment...  my suggestion is to maybie re-vamp the -help/-tips

normally i just like to say "type -help" (is hard to play and type too) I don't think they are bad really, but many n00bs then

end up using energies as main walls somehow, like they missed the barricades should be your main walls part...

but maybie another line that says "type -tips" to learn the txt commands or something, and in the tips add

"to make a lvl 6 mill = 8 lvl 4 mills around a factory/repairer, lvl 7 mill = 8 lvl 5's [tiny] around a factory/repairer"

There seems to be many new players now in the world of FSA :D  is cuz you Devo's did an awesome job with 6.45 is great!

Maybie i can re-think the wording a bit  for better -help/tips...  The reality is its just best to learn from other exp. players,

the greatest help msgs will not turn a n00b-Pro

We have already implemented tips like the ones you are suggesting into 6.46. :D

• SoulSurvivor likes this

#9 Ubermugensan

Ubermugensan

Private

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Was hoping to politely suggest that there be a way to play fortress survival offline in the future. In the older versions there was, (there also wasn't a way to obtain heroes / rank! heh). There are other maps, older maps, such as s3 marine corps for example, that allows you to save your rank etc offline.. Why aren't you allowed to do so in Fortress survival? Is it a technical issue? I'm not pretending to know more than the map builders. Where I'm coming from with this is I live in Alaska and don't have good internet / a lot of free access to wifi or the time to play online and in my spare time like playing offline games / single player games. Thanks for the map & I appreciate your hard work was just trying to lamely toss a polite suggestion your way.

#10 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:10 AM

I don't know if this would work better for the time being considering your situation, but does BNET work OK if you're the only one in the game; I've personally noticed much less lag in BNET games by myself as opposed to BNET games with others (although bots do make this null and void for the most part). Can't be sure it'll help, but worth a try (assuming you haven't tried this).

#11 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

I played this game solo offline for like a couple years, never had trouble.  Problem is you choose "single-player"

If you did that then you could use cheats "whosyourdaddy, iseedeadpeople" so on... 

For obvious reasons saving is disabled when the game is in such a state...   The Cure:

Use Multiplayer - LAN   then find the map and play it.  In LAN mode is just like BNET and can't use cheats, thus you can save.

Even add some computers into the slots to make more mobs spawn for the challenge!

• Ubermugensan likes this

#12 Ubermugensan

Ubermugensan

Private

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Just wanted to share, i found this out earlier today. If you play 'Local area connection' and you want to play solo it will load & ***Save*** no problem.

I didn't completely read your post before posting this. Apologies. I was in a rush to share the good news. Anyway, thanks for the heads up and im glad i wasnt the only one with knowledge about how to get around this, and I understand the need to eliminate it in single player..... Cheating kills the game imho.

I don't know if this would work better for the time being considering your situation, but does BNET work OK if you're the only one in the game; I've personally noticed much less lag in BNET games by myself as opposed to BNET games with others (although bots do make this null and void for the most part). Can't be sure it'll help, but worth a try (assuming you haven't tried this).

I do bnet games by myself yes but this raises the problem of me having to walk 15-20 minutes just to get free wifi access.... Kind of gets old playing by yourself after so long yanno. *Shrug* It is what it is i'll just play LAN.

Edited by Ubermugensan, 17 August 2014 - 02:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users