Photo

suggestion from a noob

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 polo

polo

Private 2

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

being playing the game for a while, not even close  of being a pro but  anyway i wanted to drop a few suggestion i think will improve the game.

my first concern are the alchemist and the factories to speed up the mill creation, those two things have become mandatory, there is no real choice or drawback, not using thme is pretty much shooting yourself in the foot.

my proposal is to change this 2 aspects, for instance intead of having to sorround an area with factorys and then build mills inside said area at the speed of light why not simply add an upgrade in the command center that speeds up  the contruction speed? as an example:

15% faster building, cost 5 wood

30% faster building, cost 10 wood

45% faster building, cost 20 wood

60% faster building, cost 40 wood

75% faster building, cost 80 wood

and so on

numbers are mere excamples but  it will give a real choice. 

note:  the suggestion aims to remove the  factory as a way to speed up  the building, the need of a factory to build high tier mills wont be changed.

as for the alchemist i would rather remove it and make it a sector reward like building in "x" sector will automaticaly aloud you to build minimill.

current mills will probably need a small production boost to ofset all this changes.

my second concern is the hero balance, spells seem to hit way to hard early on but do little to no dmg later on,  ion cannon being agi based for instance can easily rip appart bosses with a few tomes yet normal attacks seems to fail to deliver any real hurt (i am one of those mazochist that wont save or play single player so i only have acces to the first 2 heroes)

i think it would be better if the hero where to gain more dmg per point of stat aswell as make all skills stat based, ion cannon could use a dmg reduction like agi x75 intead of x100/125, may be add a cheap skill that gives true strike at the cost of disabling all active skills.

wich brngs me to my final concer wich is single player vs team, playing alone makes the game incredibly hard, even in those small spots with only 1 entrance going solo has become a strugle, in the other hand going in groups say 2-3 doing mass lumbering while 1 builds seems to make the game feel like a breeze compare to single player.

that is why i think there should be some sort of bonus or penalty to make going alone more viable, say 20% building and upgrading speed penalty for each player building in the same spot or something of the likes.

all in all take this as a few tought from a newcomer, so feel free to correct me if i made an atrocious mistake (like my grammar :P )

Edited by polo, 25 September 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#2 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to the forums. :D

First: I think this would kill heroes. If you can't get very high lumber production, heroes can't do much as they could. Just going by the last value you listed (75% faster), this would only bring mill creation speed to about 26 seconds per mill. Just seems like too long for me.

Making a certain area/bases have tiny mills would just cram everyone into that area, because you have to have tiny mills to get a level 7 mill.

Second: Heroes are actually getting nerfed in the next version. If you can get a high wps towards the end of the game, their damage can go into the 10k's no problem, while abilities cover a lot of the damage early on. Attribute gain per level could use a bit of improvement though.

Third: At least in my opinion, I'd like to see a return to team-basing. A lot of people all go into their separate bases in the most recent versions and they do just fine. While team basing should be, in theory, better, there could be some underlying cause as to why people don't base together much [such as having to trust people you've probably never seen before].

Penalizing team-basers would just kill it, at least for same base; chain-basing could still work.

#3 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

i think people dont team base due to the fact .. that .. when teambasing u dont have enough space .. or / and  .. it's harder to play with another person than just doing solo .. that being said .. games are more enjoyable when playing in a team :) 

• djlonewulf likes this

#4 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

There's a few bases where room is hardly a problem. Not sure how it's harder, isn't your shining goal that you defeated Eternia solo, not in a team? Teams are a hell of a lot easier.

#5 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

well .. there when i talk about team bases.. i talk about 1/4 of map as a base .. where u have to put walls in 3 separate locations ..  but sure .. Double Basing is pretty easy to do .. .. i  meant a real team base .. 

#6 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Should have specified then; but when using up 1/4 of the map or something like that, you would probably have 3+ people in that area, 2 people would just be better off going in one larger base. Doesn't connect how 2 people in a base isn't a real team base, though: there's solo (like just you in base) and there's team.

#7 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

basically .. there's no good base that can hold 2 Lumberers and 1 waller .. they will wnt have space at some period of time

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

there is.

to top left, half way towards cottage there is a huge base with 6 wall entrance.

if you run out of room.. well then your lumber formation is just really wasteful :P

#9 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

Or you could easily chain base its not that hard to claim 2-3 bases and just have to block two 3 walls.

#10 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

when u chain block 2-3 bases .. that means that ur not basing in 1 location .. @waffle .. i call that area the 4-2 .. cuz it needs 4 walls on left and 2 on the right .. but again it's a chain base..

#11 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

To people who think they only need 1 base are retarded when chain basing is better if you have more people, So i dont see what your point is. You have more people.... Chain base simple...

• Zer0o likes this

#12 Zer0o

Zer0o

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

You're wrong Oufo, chain basing is easy and allows every player who chains with you to have his own base. I even marked bases where chaining is easily possible in the map with tiles (although no one ever wondered why some tiles in some bases are the almost the same so meh..) Im guessing you never tried chain basing which is why you think its not a good idea or something but you're definitely wrong. Chaining is alot better than basing with 3 players in just use base Imo cause you simply have more space.

"when u chain block 2-3 bases .. that means that ur not basing in 1 location ."

Why is that a problem? Claiming is not a problem since you're pretty much playing with more than 1 player anyways and I dont see any other problems than that.

#13 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

i know what u are saying .. i meant it on a larger scale .

for example

.. The science lab and storage room + small area bottom right  and Big area top left.. that's a chain base with 2 entrances .. 

What i consider as a Team base .. is the top Left quadrant of the map .. u have to do a wall underneath the abandoned town .. and a walling area on Bottom right .. and another walling area top right .. 

A base like this could easily fit 7 or 8 players .. uses only 6-7 walls.. but it's extremly hard to defend it at game start

#14 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

Nah it isnt, if you claim every base with units you can virus them then set them up at the portals / in the middle, And it would give you enough time to get lumber going and to get a defense going also dont forget to stall it actually helps alot.

• oufo likes this

#15 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

storage room sci lab base is basically 1/8 map and uses 5 walls..

can easilty fit 6 players

• Zer0o likes this

#16 polo

polo

Private 2

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Welcome to the forums. :D

First: I think this would kill heroes. If you can't get very high lumber production, heroes can't do much as they could. Just going by the last value you listed (75% faster), this would only bring mill creation speed to about 26 seconds per mill. Just seems like too long for me.

numbers where examples, building speed could be 10->20->40->80->160->320 etc.. the idea behind this is to give more options, be either using the wood to upgrade mills or to upgrade building speed (quality vs quantity balance), as said before the lumber income would probably need a small boost to ofset this changes.

Making a certain area/bases have tiny mills would just cram everyone into that area, because you have to have tiny mills to get a level 7 mill.

depends on the area and how hard is to defend it, after all it will be a base with an effect just like how lab gives increased dmg.

Second: Heroes are actually getting nerfed in the next version. If you can get a high wps towards the end of the game, their damage can go into the 10k's no problem, while abilities cover a lot of the damage early on. Attribute gain per level could use a bit of improvement though.

guess i suck, never managed to get the marine over 4k stats when playing solo :(

Third: At least in my opinion, I'd like to see a return to team-basing. A lot of people all go into their separate bases in the most recent versions and they do just fine. While team basing should be, in theory, better, there could be some underlying cause as to why people don't base together much [such as having to trust people you've probably never seen before].

Penalizing team-basers would just kill it, at least for same base; chain-basing could still work.

looks like i started a big debate regarding this, my position so far is that team bases just feel much easier when compare to going solo, mostly becouse with a team one can get 3 or 4 guys to cover 2-3 entrances while going solo you get 1 guy that has to cover 1 entrance, upgrades olso benefit teams quite a lot, intead of having each guy colecting  1800 books or reaseaching all the wall upgrades, one can do it for all.

Edited by polo, 26 September 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#17 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

okay .. basically if / when ur building in a team .. only 1 player should have control of all walls on all entrances .. as by doing that u dont have to spend upgrades over and over again .. .. so instead of buyiing 10 levels of armor upgrades on 2-3 players .. u buy them on 1 and Save the rest of the wood ..  also it's extremely useful when using manuals .... 

now that i reread ur post .. i think i am kind of retyping what u said .. anyway :) 

#18 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Oh noez i missed an arguement :(

Don't know why theres a huge arguement on teams... whatever floats your boat. Some people want a challenge and some people just want to win so im against the penalty.

Since i'm too dayum lazy to use the quote button.

"only 1 player should have control of all walls on all entrances" -cede, done.

"75% faster building, cost 80 wood" Good luck getting 80 wood without an alch at the start to make it viable to lumber without an alch while putting wood into defences to keep yourself alive. I'm thinking do a Mineralz rip off. You do stuff like finish the game on normal and get 3 points. Then use these points to buy upgrades like that +75% faster building speed suggested.

#19 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

dnt think any more achievement should be added ;P ... no spot in inventroy...  XD .. nah for real .. dnt think theres should be a speed research .. cuz some of stuff now build already at a really fast speed .. some stuff should be tuned.. but not everything should be boosted up in speed.

#20 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

i think people dont team base due to the fact .. that .. when teambasing u dont have enough space .. or / and  .. it's harder to play with another person than just doing solo .. that being said .. games are more enjoyable when playing in a team :)

On top of what you said bro, id like to see more chain basing as well, its rare i see any team elements larger then two.  Chain basing i think is better as well since you can "solo" if you want and have the room but incase you fall, you have the other to fall back on.  I like playing w/ the guys on the forum but at times, most of the time people like to solo.  I cant blame them because you know your abilities but still, it would be nice to get the sense of more team building.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users