• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CrumbliNherb

CrumbliNherb

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (CrumbliNherb @ May 19 2012, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About to play another round so I will keep updating as I go =P

After playing the map so much yesterday that we ended up trying every game type (except air cause everyone was a-scared) & even a few more interesting things like players as AI @_@ I have to say I really like the new version, it's fun, interesting & keeps me wanting to play more. As always there are things that could be improved on & here are a few I've got.

-Not a lot of new bosses, the only one that stands out in my mind (besides the ogre, which I will come back to) is the Brutefist. He has epic health & ends up sitting around in front forever with not much dmg being dealt to your walls, in one instance I swear I saw him infront of someone's base almost the entire game. Yes, they didn't have a lot of towers & that in itself was a problem BUT without his death no new mobs could move up :/

-There are at least 3 bases I can think of off the top of my head that are BEHIND other basses, while I understand this can be a fun idea or a good place for someone to lumber while you take the front I don't get why there has to be more than one, two maybe. Let me give an example, when I first got decent at FS it always angered me that people would go solo in THE SAME SPOT, W-65 or whatever & people would fight over it, people would get kicked over it, it just sucked all together. My solution? Base above that one, yeah you might not always win but if you did you could waste the whole game for Mr. Solo's the same spot every game. I no longer do this, but there are still plenty of trolls out there so why not stop it all together & instead focus on team bases or spots that are fun to chain.

-A lot of team upgrades & new items, I enjoy that & think it's spot on. Being able to create items from your revived worker should be an ability on something you don't need to die to achieve though, I just don't think it makes much sense. If I wanted some of those items I would have to kill my worker? I'm guessing it's like this so you can have more fun with your marine after dying? IDK

-The Ogre, so I know this probably wont be a most loved idea but bear with me. Everyone wanted the Ogre gone because obviously someone could troll him awake then lead him towards a base which I know through experience... sucks(thanks niwa!). Still, on a mode like imposs (or nightmare?) why not have that danger? The Tauren is an epic imposs hero that I love so much for the simple fact that 1) people usually forget he exists till it's too late & 2) he's fucking hard to beat & can take out your walls pretty easy, adds a challenge which is the point of those modes. Obviously you'll have to work a fair time for him to become vulnerable because you don't want him awake too early but challenges like this are fun & even if you do die well... isn't that why it's called impossible?

-Being able to sell someones soul for 2 gold :/ that's not even worth it haha I think it's either you can't sell the soul or you can but for something actually worth the effort. I would prefer of course not to be able to sell people's soul, I think it's just dumb unless it's the soul of a person who left.

-Item TP is awesome & can be helpful, just an all around cool idea. I also like that the walls can consume certain helpful items etc. At one point I found myself packing items across my walls laugh.gif

-I saw in one game someone used -claim & got the units inside his base but when we claimed the hold we didn't get Riki or the other guy Bara..? I'd like to see something like with Boberto's pad where if you can keep them alive for long enough you get them.

-Finally & this one has been touched on with other posts & I even mentioned it a bit here but I'm going to stress it. More team bases for larger groups of people, many bases that are small (look at top right) & pretty much pointless even for solo. There shouldn't be a focus on just one thing of course but I feel there are a lot more solo bases or the dreaded bases behind bases than good team ones. Small bases while good for a joke don't really have much of a point, what your 4 towers and marine are going to kill the Trojan? I hope not...

Well there it all is so far I will post as things come up (of course), sorry if it's too much of a novel xD I want to point out again that I really like the new version, you two are doing a great job & as always I'm here to help any way I can. wink.gif

#2 Niwa

Niwa

Master Suicidalist

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Cool story bro. Nice novel.

#3 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Long story xD. Nice novel :D

#4 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

im gonna name it a short story xD

#5 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

ReD its a very long story lol xD. Read it if you dare :3

#6 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

ReD its a very long story lol xD. Read it if you dare :3

I read it and got a nosebleed, I fucking skipped it. Hahahaha.

#7 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hahahaha you should rest rarigate :D. You had a nosebleed, so you should rest until you recover :D. And don't post for 2 hours or you will have a nosebleed again :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users