Fortress host bot needs to be tweaked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Link8675309

Link8675309

Private First Class

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

Hey all just wanted to give a heads up.

The fortress survival host bot doesn't close the observer slot when hosting fs games and this can be annoying for games that actually fill up quick (ie someone becomes the observer and then whines about it and leaves right before the game starts and this happens again etc)

Also can we get a listing of bot commands somewhere or can someone pm them to me if i would want to host an fs game with it? Or would i have to be a clan member?

#2 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:43 PM

can we just remove the observer? I don't think anyone trys to use that position anyways. if they did all they have to do is not move their guy. go back to having 10 players and no observers please.
if i posted in the wrong spot move this post please.

Edited by Prodigy, 10 October 2009 - 10:44 PM.

#3 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

Im making the Ob. just like a regular player later on. They will get a survivor afterwards...

#4 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

then whats the point of being an observer?

#5 Balonator1992

Balonator1992

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

i think its a glitch.. in the bot or the map

#6 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

hes not playing anyway o.O so it doesnt matter if he leaves. The observer slot is number 10. if you want to close it

#7 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

y can't we have ten players and no observer again?

#8 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

I honestly don't understand why we have an observer slot at all.

For bot access / commands talk to halithor?

#9 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

when is he on?

#10 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:53 AM

I wouldn't know. I haven't been on in a while, sorry.

#11 Link8675309

Link8675309

Private First Class

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

alright ill talk to halthior when i see him otherwise if you see this halth please pm me the command list, so i can close the obv slot in hosted games and force start when people wish to go

#12 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:30 PM

i just said the observer slot is 10. listen damnit. so

-close 10

Edited by ElderKingpin, 12 October 2009 - 04:30 PM.

#13 Link8675309

Link8675309

Private First Class

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

i had no idea that -close was a bot command, so sue me lol

i have seen things used from !close to ~closeslot so yeah every bot is different, dont just assume a person knows the command

assuming things makes an ass out of you and me

#14 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

..how could you use the -pub command if you didnt know the - command.

#15 Link8675309

Link8675309

Private First Class

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

Again you assume.

I guess i should have been more clear in my opening post.

I am referring to games that i have joined while they were hosted by the fort survival host bot.

Now i must make my own assumption and state that "Can you only do bot commands if you're in red's spot?".

#16 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

maybe i should say why can't we have no observer and ten builders without that observer slot.

#17 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Link8675309 @ Oct 12 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again you assume.

I guess i should have been more clear in my opening post.

I am referring to games that i have joined while they were hosted by the fort survival host bot.

Now i must make my own assumption and state that "Can you only do bot commands if you're in red's spot?".

No. you dont have to. but you DO have to whisper the FortSurvHostBot. that means you have to add him and do /f m. You can do this anytime, even during the game. Except you cant kick during the game. You can only close their slot while they are in the lobby. You cant kick during the game.

You can ban during the game, but the person is still going to play :/

Edited by ElderKingpin, 12 October 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#18 saw792

saw792

Retired Survivor

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

>You can't kick during the game.
Oh yes you can. It just so happens that the -kick command is identical to the one used in the map itself.

There are three levels of access you can have to a GHost bot (unless it's a modded bot): Root admin (i.e. the bot owner), admin, and game owner. Games can be started only by admins and the root admin. Admins can set any other user as the game owner which allows them to use in-game commands (game lobby and in game). Game owners can lock games to prevent other admins from running commands during the game (except the root admin). In all cases a spoofcheck is required to use commands in game (whisper the bot while in game, doesn't need to be an /f m).

GHost bots allow the owner to change the command trigger from the default ! to anything else (i.e. . , $ or in the case of FortSurvHostBot, -). That's why you see different command strings for different bots. To test what the trigger is try the version command (which can be used by any user, spoofchecked or not) i.e. .version, !version, -version etc until you receive a response.

Command list: http://ghostplusplus...runk/readme.txt (scroll down to section titled 'Commands', about three-quarters of the way down the page).

There that should clear up a few things.

#19 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

OB is made for someone who doesnt know how to play, but you know what, your right, maybe we dont even need it. :/

#20 CrumbliNherb

CrumbliNherb

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

wow thank you saw, I sat here reading all the other bs then that just cleared it up =P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users