Photo

6.54 -load/-save bug

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hey, so  with the new automated -save in 6.54 version, all my new codes are unavalaiable, but the problem, it's that now, even my old saved codes are unavailable....

Attached File  1.png   465.15KB   4 downloads

Attached File  2.png   1.13MB   1 downloads

i also got a crash problem, it happenned only once so maybe it's on me, but it never did this before, i think it's good to signal aswell(no screens shots for this sorry)

If you need anothers informations tell me, 1st bug report sorry if it's not perfect...

Thanks for reading.

#2 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

unable to reproduce.

hmm maybe u got like some extra whitespace at the end or sth silly?

i guess ill try and make it more robust in that sense then..

#3 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

Thx for answering, i tried many times, with all my codes, and no.. i don' t have any whitespace ^^ , i think that making the autosave an option for the player coul be a good idea(i don't know if it's hard to do  or not.. )

I'm going to try with a totally blank new code, started from rank 0 but in 6.53, then coming back ino 6.54 and see if it still reproduce ^^

So, after trying to reproduce the bug, didnt work, the code load perfectly fine, i tink i just got unlucky... gonna rerank, for the third time xD

#4 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

hmm i think there IS something wrong.. not sure what tho :'(

#5 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

well yes obviously ^^, but i can't help you with that :P, i have no idea how it works so... i was only rank 12 anyway, the only thing that make me sad is that the bug happenned just after i saw all the cool new heroes xD, i'll have to wait even more lol

#6 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

the issue is definitely on the saving side, that much i know. loading works fine.

so if you got a load code thats like 5 exp less or sth, then make a copy in a safe place and use that.

#7 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

i tried aaaaaaall my codes(10-12)  from the rank 1 to rank 12(i deelted some, but not all) and not any of these worked, so i have to start from the begining ^^

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

so it basically nuked ALL your codes eh.. 

well that is truly unfortunate..

#9 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

yup, you used the right words ^^, all my codes are dead :'( , the only really things that i regreat is the virus.. i don't understand how to get it, and that's a total newbie random player on eurobattle who gave it to me while he didn't even know how he got it xD

Attached File  3.png   832.84KB   0 downloads

The crash things i was telling you(happenned a 2nd time) i don't know why it affects only me ._. ...

#10 I_vErY_nOoD69

I_vErY_nOoD69

Private 2

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

Attached File  WC3ScrnShot_090215_172930_01.jpg   718.12KB   0 downloads

after one game played 6.54 ~my code all failed to load ~

What happen to map? :( 
i just up rank lv50 and now load failed?
my code all cannot use whatever at old version !
This is bug ??

someone help me :unsure: very hard to up rank 50 !

Please help me :unsure:

#11 GhosTz

GhosTz

Private 2

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

Am I the only one who has not encountered this???

#12 We_are_A

We_are_A

Corporal

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

There's a way to sort of 'counter' this bug. Once you type -save, you will see this 

Attached File  WC3ScrnShot_090615_193611_01.jpeg   996.2KB   2 downloads

Take the code from your screen(eg. my code was -load T54X-98PQ-X08J), not from the Fortress Codes folder. Either write down the code on a piece of paper or something. Or screenshot it. When the next game starts, get your code from the piece of paper you wrote it down on and type it into the game/take the code from your screenshot folder and type in down in the game.

Quote my post if you are not sure of my explanation.

Edited by We_are_A<-- MY NAME, 06 September 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#13 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

only fatal error, not the save or load "bug" you mean, well it depends on you if you copy it in folders or just -save and copy it while playing

#14 Fateld

Fateld

Private

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:33 AM

Well I seemed to have encountered this bug after loading a code successfully,but after that every code i had failed, even the one that worked.

#15 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

People who didnt get this bug yet should stop play on 6.54, because it destroy EVERY codes

#16 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

I think the chain of corrupting code-files goes somehow like this:

Say, you have the following codes in your fortress codes -folder.

Nick(Rank 4 EXP 11).txt

Nick(Rank 6 EXP 42).txt

NIck(Rank 7 EXP 29).txt

You go to the game, playing this 6.54 version with autosaves for the first time. -Load rank 7 code, everything works correctly and you keep playing. But once you make the load, game starts making these auto save-files, was it every 5 min?.. So, you prob don't get any exp during the first 5 min, and then game overwrites the most recent file you had, the "Nick(Rank 7 EXP 29).txt". After some time, you've beaten some bosses and you find more autosaves Nick(Rank 7 EXP 36).txt, Nick(Rank 7 EXP 42).txt and so on. But those are probably also corrupted.

After all, the result is that you have just lost your most recent save-file. If THIS happend, you should backup your code from the NEXT RECENT file, in this case it would be "Nick(Rank 6 EXP 42).txt", before using it in the game. Name it differently so game wont overwrite it!

I had deleted my old save-files, only had lvl50, exp 99, which was the cap on older versions. This happened to me, but We_Are_A gave a nice idea of looking up for a recent replays (contest participation, etc..) and I DID find the same code from the replay and it worked again like a charm, yey ^_^. Thanks man  B)

If you guys have huge list of codes that you're not sure which works and which doesn't and you don't dare to try (in fear of getting that corrupted too), go to battle.net, make private custom game 6.53 (!!!) and there you can find out, which code is the most RECENT that WORKS. BACKUP THAT!! and play with that code untill next version is here :)

GJ fixing it btw. Wouldn't it still be nice, if the game never overwrote the most recent loadcode-file? ;) 1 suggestion is to put 1 extra condition to check before creating new autosave-file

I have no idea how jazz works but developers probably gets the idea from the following example:

// Every 5 min timed event...
if ((playerCurrentExp > playerExpWhenLoaded) || newAchievementsSinceLastAutoSave || infectedWithVirus)
  { //progress towards creating savefile... }
else
  { //no need to create, cause no progress since -load }
endif

The idea is to not even start writing those save-files (with certain time cycle) untill player gains progress by exp or achievement, virus could also trigger that. Well, just a suggestion :rolleyes:

Edited by KeXi, 05 September 2015 - 06:43 PM.

• Nevo and Waffle(est) like this

#17 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

if ((playerCurrentExp > playerExpWhenLoaded) || newAchievementsSinceLastAutoSave || infectedWithVirus)
else
endif

i am pretty sure it already does work like this(at least for the playerCurrentExp > playerExpWhenLoaded ) because when i had 50 exp codes(it's all 30secs) and then when i did another game, it started loading only after 50 exp on the same rank, i don't think that the problem is on this code part, it's more on the -load part, because, the code is perfectly saving, there is a corruption somewhere, but i honestly don't think it's in this part of the process, but just notice that my programing skills are not goods at all, i only do know some bascis, so.. ^^, anyway, thx for the "solution" to this bug, even if i already lost all xD, i pref wait for 4.55,

GL to programmers to fix this bug ^_^

#18 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:21 AM

It's just so weird that code copied from same codefile, first works and then next round it doesn't work :huh: Would be weird if "the -load" worked so differently every round. Maybe it needs more testing :P

#19 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 06 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

the problem is autosave. period. how come i explain this 10 times and ppl still need to make 3 threads for it..

Also, for reference KeXi-s explanation is spot on.

else
endif

i am pretty sure it already does work like this(at least for the playerCurrentExp > playerExpWhenLoaded ) because when i had 50 exp codes(it's all 30secs) and then when i did another game, it started loading only after 50 exp on the same rank, i don't think that the problem is on this code part, it's more on the -load part, because, the code is perfectly saving, there is a corruption somewhere, but i honestly don't think it's in this part of the process, but just notice that my programing skills are not goods at all, i only do know some bascis, so.. ^^, anyway, thx for the "solution" to this bug, even if i already lost all xD, i pref wait for 4.55,

GL to programmers to fix this bug ^_^

i wish we had put that check in indeed.. for experience it would def have saved the day, however achievements are a bit tricky.. they are an arcane blob of global state with states that exclude eachother etc if done inproperly it might backfire. so given the testing found no issues we found no need for it at the time.

i guess the fix for that is to coonvince nevo to let the map go round more freely so more ppl have a chance to find the bugs..

#20 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

the problem is autosave. period. how come i explain this 10 times and ppl still need to make 3 threads for it..

in this particular 2-2 last responds, i think it was more for discuss, sorry if it did bother you

i wish we had put that check in indeed.. for experience it would def have saved the day, however achievements are a bit tricky.. they are an arcane blob of global state with states that exclude eachother etc if done inproperly it might backfire. so given the testing found no issues we found no need for it at the time.

lol ok, tought it was alrezdy in, saw it fixed anyway, let's close the discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users