Photo

[Contest 5] Love Thy Base

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Welcome to the [Contest 5] Fortress Survival Love Thy Base!!!

Have a particular favorite base in mind? Interested in letting us know why? What you really like about it?

CONTEST START DATE: July 16

CONTEST END DATE: July 31 August 7

RULES:

• MUST PLAY 6.45+
  • Only one entry per person.
  • YOU CANNOT TEAM BASE.
  • Don't wait until the last hour to post your entry.
  • Higher Difficulties and Unique Bases will gain more consideration.
  • You must submit your in-game name where you would like the prizes to be awarded.
  • There will be twenty winners chosen by our highly trained staff!
  • Entries have to make sense and have enough detail to justify your submission.
  • You must take a screenshot after half-time and showcase your base. You can include multiple screenshots for better results.
  • You must include a description of what interested you most about that base, and why you really like it.
  • Remember we expect enough effort from all submissions and will take them seriously so we ask that you do too.  :P
  • This contest will be going on for two weeks, so take your time to finalize your submission.

The Rewards will be announced once this Contest is finalized! HAPPY BASING!

Contest Winners (in order by submission):

• Lvl18
  • TheDwarfLard
  • Cidiaus
  • Koldx
  • SoulSurvivor
  • Aratard
  • Blackwizzard9
  • HaoAsakura
  • Xcode_t
  • E.K.2.
  • jampre02
  • Sieghart93
  • BIueBerryMuffin
  • Kiss4deadz
  • Phatshady912
  • ASU]PortgasDAce
  • King_Of_Deadxx
  • yyh1223
  • AlreadyDead
  • sweety0kim

• TeandyHence, ReD, King_Of_Deadxx and 8 others like this

#2 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

I wonder if anyone loves their base as much as I do. We have such a long history together, through thick and thin, until death do us part.

#3 Baby Michael

Baby Michael

The Lonely Librarian

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

Sounds like a great contest :D

#4 Lvl18

Lvl18

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

Name: SworeSheWasLvl18

Base: Cemetary

Gamemode: Invis Air Nightmare

The Cemtary Base is a base im fairly new to but i do love this base none the less. My favorite part about this base is its size and the skeleton. When I'm in this base i can stack the skeleton with items and a virus and have him sit out side for a while. He will take care of all of the mobs for the untill 32 or 35 mins depending on if i get a medic or not. It takes alot of the stress off while i am lumbering to micro the wall and lumber at the same time. If I get really far ahead i can lumbering i can buff the skeleton even more with a lighting fist and a health stone. The best part of the skeleton even if he dies in melee form you can make use of him by reviving his body as the Keeper. The keep is ranged and i believe is a better version of the wizard. The size of the base if another thing i really love about it. It is a 2 wall base that i can fill up if i want to but it is not entirely necessary as i will show you in the screen shots i filled it up just enough were i could have all my marines in one spot. Right next to the wall. I could have fill up the base more but i saw no more need to as i was doing great on lumber my armor was extremely high and i had no more reason for lumber. I can get as many mills as i need and still have room left over for some....Extra things for my own enjoyment. The only bad this is your on the other sides of the base so you might not get any mobs and the late game bosses will probably come to you so you cant stop upgrading your walls even if your not getting any creeps.

Mid Game right after i beat Illict

Cementary.png

Me Wrecking Naojot 

cementary 2.png

I just beat Commander

cemtary 3.png

I tried for eternia and got wrecked :D

This is my base and i will forever love it.

Attached Thumbnails

• bullshit.png

• SoulSurvivor likes this

#5 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Name: TheDwarfLard

Base: X-65

Game was Nightmare, Air, and Invis with all other slots filled by computers to increase spawns.

A while back people used to always try to take this base, only because it was OP big. After it got fixed to it's current size, nobody went there again (that I've seen anyway). Perhaps the reason I like the base is because no one else really likes it, or maybe I find those fences/skulls/corpses/torches aesthetically pleasing. After basing there for a while now, it was actually Filthy's suggestion to try there because I still didn't have a set base over a year ago, I've made everything fit just right; can fit 2 lv7 formations and have just enough room for the mills for the 3rd. Air has a tendency to come from nearly all directions, but that's what tanking mills are for (or hero if you really want). It's also nice to fill every single space available. :P

Being so close to middle is also nice for kills if you can handle them.

With these screenshots/session, I did manage to kill Eternia, but deleted the message before I could screenshot, as I was using wings at the time.

Half-wayish:

5e2db568a56d5bb0a5d6feea795ebe5b.png

Right before Trojan spawn: 

424e843d47c1f377ebda7a44b91e762f.png

Fixed images; thanks SoulSurvivor

Nevo, I'll send you the replay through Skype if you want it.

• Nevo and SoulSurvivor like this

#6 Cidiaus

Cidiaus

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

Name: Cidiaus

Base: A-11

Mode: Nightmare, Air, Invis

Hello, All

Well here it is, this game I had the solo base A-11 my favorite go to base out of all bases, the participants in this game was Filthy and Dwarf dual basing in the pirate bay and baby Michael . And Yes my neighbor is the pyramid at the center of the map. Some and most Bosses do spawn from there so in a true solo game bosses come right away especially Air but you can say that for any base. So I rather enjoy the urgency placed on lumber production and items to ensure that your ready ON-TIME or else your in trouble. This base has helped me increase my speed I'm no where near Filthy and Dwarfs level But I'm on the same platform of awesomeness.

The reason I kept to this base is that, this is the first base that I beat nightmare on before the alternations done to it and before I joined the FS community. I sucked real bad at all the other bases and even then I had no one to play with and I would search YouTube and other forms to see what I'm I doing wrong. In addition the maps shown were outdated and not applicable to my needs. Eventually I continued playing until I saw more seasoned pub player's: Grunt2,Miffy, Kazzing. When I saw player "kazzing" own at A-11 thats when things started to turn around for me in my Fortress Survival Career (lol). I used some of his strat and altered it to fit my own style of play, however its no longer his but my own.  At that time I relied on unit path'ing displacement to help me ignore armor upgrades and focus more on upgrading my mills. I knew eventually I shouldn't rely on unit displacement to win and low and behold A-11 was changed to what it is today and I like it A-LOT. Because now I'm better and can use the fruits of my custom heroes to my advantage. Furthermore I don't want to play without air on, even if I lose. Because I know air is my best friend in that base.

What even furthered my game play is joining the Fortress Survival Community seeing Filthy and Dwarf in action. And getting my custom heroes there I was able to fine tune my game play. I'm still a work in progress but I've made friends here like Filthy, Dwarf and LvL18.

At the Mid Game Point

mid-game.png

Just Before Trojan

EndingAE.png

Sincerely,

Cidiaus

• Nevo, ReD and SoulSurvivor like this

#7 Koldx

Koldx

Private

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Base: W-61 Bravo

Name: Koldx

Difficulty: Mad

fortsurvival2_zpsbdb1b536.jpg

I chose this base because it was a good solo base for a player of my standard which isn't very high. It is spacious which i love and it is near a corner which is very good as units take a longer time to reach meaning that there will be less pressure on my base giving me more time to build mills and make me feel more relieved. This base in my opinion is good for a relaxing game for me as i play it with no air and no invisible even though sometimes im not the host. In the recent patch 6.45, there was a new gate added to the base which made me overjoyed because it meant that i would not need to wall as much in other earlier versions. I have always liked this place as this was the first base i tried to solo Impossible with and succeeded. The adding of the gate was a major change which is very helpful but im only scared of other playing sabotaging u by destroying the gate xD.

• ReD and SoulSurvivor like this

#8 Supperman

Supperman

Private 2

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

I really like using the cemetery base because it small but not to small where you cant have a lot of towers. Sorry no screen shot :(

#9 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

Sorry but we expect a lot more effort out of people who participate in this contest, meaning provide a better description and at least 1 screen shot is required.

#10 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Name:  SoulSurvivor

Base: The Hold

Mode: Impossible-Air-Invisible

The Hold

Me and this base go way back, more or less.  Way before I became an active player on BNet, I was playing an older version of Fortress Survival Alpha, 4.7 I believe. I had this strategy that involved building a stall around Rikimaru and Barathrum, then go build in a little room North West of their position.  The Hold was actually to the left of them, the room I'd build in a little north of that. I never got to complete that version solo, but was lucky enough to get a game with 1 more player, and with a little teamwork finally beat it.  Afterwards I felt like I finished climbing Mt. Everest, or to that end finally accomplished a great challenge.

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill).

In 6.45 The Hold has been buffed with an Alchemist (so necessary for lumbering).  Lt. Bara has turned GangStar, double wields pistols, and shows little mercy to those who infringe upon his territory.  Also bonus aura statue preloaded with a few keys, a sweet bonus since the action comes quick to The Hold, being right next to a portal or on the way if the mobs decide to head south. There’s enough space for 3 level 7 mills, quite a few towers (although I normally don’t build too many towers, tend to depend more on units).  And if you really wanted, later in the game when space runs low,  buy a few Eternal Walls from the vendor to expand A-14 Alpha a little north of that, for more space for level 5 mills or what-have-you.

I won’t go into too much greater detail as I’ve the tendency to ramble on and on.  An extra special thanks to Aratard & ELLEN, the two players who were with me in a game [I did base solo], and litaznboi who helped me brave it with air-invis on.  I’ll include a few screenshots, Behemoth wasn't slayed at the hold but I got the Najort at least! (He almost got me). The attached replay is without air/invis.

25jvcox.jpg

295d1zb.jpg

rj4278.jpg

Note:  The Najort did shred my walls but i quickly patched it with Eternal Walls from a Vendor, even lasted a few rounds in the Eternals.

Attached Files

• Blackwizzard9 and Yeajustsurvive like this

#11 Aratard

Aratard

Private

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Name: Aratard

Base: The Cemetery

Mode: Impossible

This has been my absolute favorite change in the new update because its not too small and its compact enough to make your hyper mills. Having the cemetery keeper is a nice bonus too  ^_^ . Also, I love how all the marines produced have enough room and range to attack monsters. Sadly, the hardest mode I can go is impossible with this solo base & I still can't beat air with it.... yet.  ;)

WC3ScrnShot_072214_172541_011.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_072214_173240_02.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_072214_173535_031.jpg

Please note that red didn't build anything in my base except for a command center.

• Nevo and SoulSurvivor like this

#12 Blackwizzard9

Blackwizzard9

Private

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

hi first sorry for my bad english :)

my name is Blackwizzard9, Mode= impossible invisi on air off

Base=Summer cottage

This base is just epic , only 4 wall for too many place :) in the old version mobs can't come or attack other player then there are no many mobs but now ! you have a lot of mobs come then this is rly fun place .

xp80gg.jpg

2wgcbxs.jpg

#13 Yeajustsurvive

Yeajustsurvive

Private

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hi, my in-game name is HaoAsakura.

That mode was Mad, No Air, Invis.

My base, and still one of my favourites, is the C-26 Alpha, because even tho its a small base, i can fit in everything i need to survive and i dont really need much. Its a relaxing and easy base to play at, where you dont have to build many stuff to kill monsters (in my case, my hero does all the kills). Btw i loved scientist hero, he helps alot on healing the base and killing all bosses hehe. So here is the screenshot i took, but i forgot to take the photo in the middle of the game, so i took it when i killed Najort and Behemoth. 

Attached Thumbnails

• FSA mad.png
  • FSA mad Behemoth.png

#14 Xcode_t

Xcode_t

Private

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Name: Xcode_t

Base: The Mail Room

Mode: Nightmare, No-air, No-invis

I finally got mine done, but it was significantly harder than ever before (see my other posts if you are curious). I kicked it up to Nightmare and struggled through, almost losing a dozen times due to poor lumbering and the loss of mercenary units, but I did manage to complete the game after a few attempts.

Mid game:

Nightmare 01.jpeg

End game:

Nightmare 02.jpeg

Nightmare 03.jpeg

I like this base for two simple reasons.

• It starts with an alchemist, so I can get a decent hero
  • It has a single entrance (five walls is extremely expensive, but better than six with double the towers)

It is also large enough that I can see up to three people basing there, which could work as long as one walls, one towers, and one lumbers. Two players would be perfect though, as one could lumber in the bottom base and one could build the defenses. My favorite base is, by far, in the upper right (C-21 Alpha, I believe). It completely sucks and I don't know why I would like it, but that is where I have based every other time this week and it has served me well. Sadly, I could not survive Nightmare mode up there, so I had to find a second base for the contest.

Once you fix the bug that crashes the game when the biggest mercenary tent is selected, I will give it another go and see how it does.

One final note: I am such a low level because I have to play on OS X Mavericks, which cannot connect to LAN or Battle.net due a compatibility issue with Open Transport. I play single player (without cheats, I promise), and I usually fill the game with bots. This means that I cannot save, and I had to create a fake loading code to even get up to where I am (Rank 16 + Elemental Stone). If this will disqualify me, I completely understand and accept that I cannot compete in contests, but I can honestly say that I fulfilled the requirements. There will be absolutely no hard feelings on my end. That said, I will not make additional fake loading codes for others for any reason, as I can see people using that to cheat their way into better heroes and donator models, which is unacceptable in my opinion.

#15 E.K.2.

E.K.2.

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

Name: E.K.2.
Base: The Science Lab
Mode: Nightmare, Air, Invis

This base is too near from the center, and there are good for killing mobs and bosses, so I choose this base.
In eariler versions, base's upper side is open, so builders build more walls on base.
But in 6.45, science lab are buffed, which created some blocking structure, the builder doesn't need walls on upper side.
This base's best feature is air bosses are come to the base's up-right side, so its easy for defense.
Also, many mobs are come in to the base's right side(some mobs are going upper side), so defense wall's manage is convenient.
The base's size is suitable for place 3 lvl 7 lumber factory(but something difficult for place ready for hyper lumber factory).

In Mid-Game Screenshot:
WC3ScrnShot_071814_142818_01.jpg

End of the game:

WC3ScrnShot_071814_150021_02.jpg

Finally, we cleared a eternia :)

Attached Thumbnails

• WC3ScrnShot_071814_150021_02.jpg
  • WC3ScrnShot_071814_142818_01.jpg

#16 jampre02

jampre02

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Base Location: C-26 Alpha

Player ID: jampre02

The humble beginnings at C-26 Alpha

Why i love this base?

I started playing fortress survival alpha at version 6.42. I just tried it out and got hooked immediately. Only problem is i didn't know how to play and it took me awhile getting used it. I didn't search for the official website, i didn't watch youtube vids i only relied on what other player can teach and observe how they play. It was a frustrating beginning but well worth understanding the game.

I love C-26 alpha because this is the first base i played that i finished. Several strong players were with me playing but weren't accommodating but still tried to figure how to play the game. It was easier to defend since it had a 1 space entrance. Tricky part is managing the limited space inside. Since most of the mobs and boss goes to the other players i had ample time to play and set my camp. I recommend this base for newbie players that needs time in adjusting base and at the same time observe other players.

Pros: Far from spawning area

Only needs 1 wall to block the entrance

Easier to defend with air attacks

Has a ledge that can help distract mobs

Place an aura anywhere and all structures still gets the bonus

Staff almost covers every inch of the base

Cons: Very limited space

Ranged units can be a minor problem

Screening shots taken from 6.45 at mad difficulty No air with Invisible units

First Half.jpg

Second Half.jpg

Just Barely finished the game.jpg

Name: Xcode_t

Base: The Mail Room

Mode: Nightmare, No-air, No-invis

I finally got mine done, but it was significantly harder than ever before (see my other posts if you are curious). I kicked it up to Nightmare and struggled through, almost losing a dozen times due to poor lumbering and the loss of mercenary units, but I did manage to complete the game after a few attempts.

Mid game:

attachicon.gifNightmare 01.jpeg

End game:

attachicon.gifNightmare 02.jpeg

attachicon.gifNightmare 03.jpeg

I like this base for two simple reasons.

• It starts with an alchemist, so I can get a decent hero
  • It has a single entrance (five walls is extremely expensive, but better than six with double the towers)

It is also large enough that I can see up to three people basing there, which could work as long as one walls, one towers, and one lumbers. Two players would be perfect though, as one could lumber in the bottom base and one could build the defenses. My favorite base is, by far, in the upper right (C-21 Alpha, I believe). It completely sucks and I don't know why I would like it, but that is where I have based every other time this week and it has served me well. Sadly, I could not survive Nightmare mode up there, so I had to find a second base for the contest.

Once you fix the bug that crashes the game when the biggest mercenary tent is selected, I will give it another go and see how it does.

One final note: I am such a low level because I have to play on OS X Mavericks, which cannot connect to LAN or Battle.net due a compatibility issue with Open Transport. I play single player (without cheats, I promise), and I usually fill the game with bots. This means that I cannot save, and I had to create a fake loading code to even get up to where I am (Rank 16 + Elemental Stone). If this will disqualify me, I completely understand and accept that I cannot compete in contests, but I can honestly say that I fulfilled the requirements. There will be absolutely no hard feelings on my end. That said, I will not make additional fake loading codes for others for any reason, as I can see people using that to cheat their way into better heroes and donator models, which is unacceptable in my opinion.

i also use Mavericks on mac book pro. I used parallel so i could play both battle net and Garena. i just used windows xp and everything is running smoothly.

#17 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

IGN: sieghart93

Base Location: Little Courtyard (not unique maybe... .but just get back the game from 6.43 directly to 6.45 no time to look for new 1)

Mode: Mad - no air no invi (sry ~~ too long no play ~~ struggling at this stage already ><)

Why do i like this base?

Nearest   / fastest / biggest base near the spawn point  and boss usually comes here 1st... unless someone used the base on the left of the spawn point...
and more importantly.... its SWAG~~ and Glitch-able ~~ ?
the only weakness might be having 4 walls size door @@

#18 BlueBerryMuffin

BlueBerryMuffin

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

IGN: BIueBerryMuffin (with an i)

Base: A-14

Mode: Mad, No Air, No Invis

Why do I like this base?

I like it becuase noone ever uses it and it has been in the game for a pretty long time now. The base is very neat which is a big plus for me. As well as being just the right size to fit everything. Although if I had any complaint it would be that the entrance is a bit werid. It is a pathway that is 2 walls wide then opens up to being 3 walls. I think that it should be 2 walls at the end as well. 

WC3ScrnShot_072814_160816_22.jpg

Around half time. I forgot to do it earlier.

WC3ScrnShot_072814_161035_24.jpg

Tyrant at my base.

WC3ScrnShot_072814_161046_25.jpg

End of game.

http://imgur.com/a/CVVKt#0

In case the screenshots dont go through this is an album of them together.

#19 PlaY^Siprit

PlaY^Siprit

Private

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

Very Easy - No Air - No invi

Reached Endless Wave 28

Base: Port Harbour

1UbCxpD.jpg

Gd9iB2e.jpg

P.S. sry for bad pictures

#20 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

IGN: Magdasal.Tayo

Base: Summer Cottage

Game Modes: - Impossible No air No Invi (1st game)

- Mad No air No Invi (2nd game)

Summer Cottage, one of the farthest bases and one of the most unique bases in Fortress Survival Alpha. Why you ask? Because this base is positioned in the top left area(3-floored base) and contains a large amount of space which can be used for duo-base or team base or solo base.

I Love thy Summer Cottage Base because going way back, I think the version that time was 6.00e where this base was inputted in FSA; Then when I saw this base I thought to myself that this base and me would make a great couple (By couple I mean I would truly match this base) because it greatly suited my strategic basing mechanics by making the 1st floor my defense, 2nd floor my offense and the 3rd floor my production area/working area.

To explain it more briefly, I'll provide this base with its ADVANTAGES:

(since continuing my sentences would make long paragraphs which are boring to read)

ADVANTAGES:

• Available for Team Base, Duo-Base and Solo base because of its huge amounts of space
  • Low priority base - lesser enemies will attack you which gives time for you to relax and produce lumber (since its one of the farthest bases from the spawning areas) 
  • Strong against Air Units (since bottom and right side is the only entrance for air units)
  • Wall placement is centered - which means towers/units can easily attack enemies attacking/near the walls
  • More damage, More FUN! (since there is a lot of space to put towers and units)

MID-GAME Screenshots: (Impossible No air No Invi)

5KZ6hKj.png

k5dxzF4.png

END-GAME Screenshots: (Mad No Air No Invi)

g7iaHQr.png

NYRP5pr.png

Note: It is 2 games because I lost my 1st game when several bosses attacked my walls although I managed to reach mid-game, so I repeated the game with an easier mode so I can make sure that I don't lose again :P. And also, I played solo on both games.

Link of images: http://imgur.com/a/fVQ2a

Edited by Kiss4deadz, 30 July 2014 - 11:31 PM.

• ReD and SoulSurvivor like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users