Tileset

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TFaLCoN

TFaLCoN

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

The current tileset is a bit boring.

I suggest grass from Ashenvale for the outside of the base, and roads from Dalaran for the inside.

I just like brighter colors instead of dark ;-)

#2 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

I agree that the map tileset should be changed maybe, but i was thinking more about some decorations and stuff ...

#3 Balonator1992

Balonator1992

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

i really like the dark tileset we have now it makes for a more dark and evil theme but it would be funny if everything turned green when u won the game lol

#4 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Balonator1992 @ Nov 7 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really like the dark tileset we have now it makes for a more dark and evil theme but it would be funny if everything turned green when u won the game lol

hahah it would be funny indeed. What i would like to see (i allrdy suggested idk where) is some objects like tables and chairs to make it look a bit more like a castle or a fortress idk!....I allrdy like a center of the map alot but theres no other sculptures and stuff lol.

#5 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

adding doodads sounds cool but i don't like the brighter idea i like this map darker.

#6 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

make the ice and fire boss footsteps make lava tiles and ice tiles respectively lol.

#7 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

haha that would be nice to see....and yeah I want some doodads smile.gif

#8 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:58 AM

well. since its a FORTRESS. i dont expect it to be nice. and most of the time, theres too much crap in the way to even see the floor

#9 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

Yeah.. It's kind of nice to be able to see where you're building without having structures in the way. The way it is now you can tell exactly how much space there is. Makes it simple and visible

#10 Halithor

Halithor

Retired Survivor

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:46 PM

When I see this fortress, I kinda think like we're in the enemies upper lairs of the fortress and we just disturbed them. So they are coming to get us, and we have to survive until back-up comes. I've always view Unknown Enemy as a evil and twisted enemy that has many mutated creatures. I do not think they would have a bright and cheery fortress, nor would I think they would have a bunch of benches laying around. The tileset stays.

#11 Failbringer

Failbringer

Private First Class

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

ohhhh okay i see i didnt see it that way. lol smile.gif

#12 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Halithor @ Nov 20 2009, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I see this fortress, I kinda think like we're in the enemies upper lairs of the fortress and we just disturbed them. So they are coming to get us, and we have to survive until back-up comes. I've always view Unknown Enemy as a evil and twisted enemy that has many mutated creatures. I do not think they would have a bright and cheery fortress, nor would I think they would have a bunch of benches laying around. The tileset stays.

I heard evil twisted enemy's and mutated creatures like to sit on benches in their bright cheery fortress's......

(I heard they liked to read too (from the older FS versions)) biggrin.gif

#13 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:15 AM

I like the current tileset. The dark gloomy feel it gives to the Map matches the Theme perfectly. As far as the Doodads go, we used to have them in some bases, but they take up space and get really annoying after awhile. Its better when its nice and clean and you can use all the space in your base for whatever you want.

#14 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I like the current tileset. The dark gloomy feel it gives to the Map matches the Theme perfectly. As far as the Doodads go, we used to have them in some bases, but they take up space and get really annoying after awhile. Its better when its nice and clean and you can use all the space in your base for whatever you want.

+1

#15 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

Nah, Dalaran Ruins is fine already.

#16 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

I agree with rarigate ^_^. Its Fortress Survival not Beautiful Terrain Survival :P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users