Photo

gold

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Hawthorne

Hawthorne

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

so i figured its been like 5 versions since we last discussed this. can we try to work in gold???

make a gold mine tower that works in the same way as lumber. and make the last upgrade for everything cost wood and gold. or marines and crap cost gold but are actually good. idk something could work.

Edited by Hawthorn57, 17 October 2009 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Balonator1992

Balonator1992

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

Well it is a pretty good idea but the problem with that is space since people will have to half the amount of mills they have for gold mines

#3 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:40 PM

just do what i do with my map and have a kill system for gold
-mini creeps = 1/4
-normal creeps = 1/2
-giant creeps = 1
-boss = 2
air = creep type +1
biggrin.gif

#4 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:46 PM

why. thats just it. why. theres no reason to have gold.

#5 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

for FS there is none YET
but maybe in the future?

#6 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:10 AM

we should have gold as the final tower/repairer/wall/marine/etc upgrades.

#7 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

I strongly disagree. That would seem pretty useless to me. I don't really see a need to add gold into FS as of now... Maybe if something were to pop up that could use gold in a useful way?

#8 Prodigy

Prodigy

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:22 PM

how about auto build mode. like the acolyte rather then the peasant if you have enough gold?

Edited by Prodigy, 20 October 2009 - 08:19 AM.

#9 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

rasgriz has already suggested that

#10 rawrwus

rawrwus

Private

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

Just as an add-on here because I know someone has suggested building gold mines or something and having special buildings that require gold. What if you added buildings like lumber mills except they give you gold, but the catch is at some point in the game like say when the timer gets to just 30 mins left, all gold mins on the map blow up and your nolonger able to build them. So then whatever gold all the players have aquired up to that point, will have to be spent cautiously.

#11 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:20 PM

i dont think gold is going to be added ._. because there is no need for it

#12 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (ElderKingpin @ Oct 26 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think gold is going to be added ._. because there is no need for it

there no need for skins but ppl still have it tongue.gif
lets just say it would be nice to have but if its not in the game it would not matter anyway.

#13 DeadDude

DeadDude

Private First Class

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

man ya'll why you gotta make such a simple topic? why not turn the gold icon into veteran ranks so based on how long you survive and how many kills you upgrade in rank. Example private -> lieutenant etc.. And based on the rank that you have you're troops moral will be higher thus making you're troops become slightly stronger (more dmge/hp/atck speed).

i honestly think marines are underpowered and snipers have limited use. So a veteran/ranking system to improve them would expand their use?

Edited by DeadDude, 26 October 2009 - 11:43 PM.

#14 ElderKingpin

ElderKingpin

Grammar Nazi

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

heres a few flaws.

1. Gold. that means.. a person can use cheat codes.
2. Theres a small majority of people that actually play FS that much
3. FS is pretty much insta nerd rage storm out.
4. Because the point of the game is to use towers.
5. Youve seen what happens when marines are strong. its gay.

#15 duckne55

duckne55

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (ElderKingpin @ Oct 27 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres a few flaws.

1. Gold. that means.. a person can use cheat codes.
2. Theres a small majority of people that actually play FS that much
3. FS is pretty much insta nerd rage storm out.
4. Because the point of the game is to use towers.
5. Youve seen what happens when marines are strong. its gay.

1. i did not suggest using it in savecodes, besides there are no resource hacks in multiplayer
2. all the more a good implementation of this would increase players playing FS.
3. can't disagree with that
4. Towers without walls, right.
5. yes, they are. we want them to be AVERAGE not insanely noob like they are now.

#16 -M-

-M-

Private 2

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:22 AM

Gold as an addition to the existing wood "currency" will only be interesting if you get it through other means than how you obtain wood (lumber mills, which already are bland enough). Otherwise it'll be just the same in a different color.

I have not figured out the whole map, yet, but maybe you could have TINY amounts of gold for kills and small side quests, where you have to go to far away places in the map with your mercenaries and do stuff. Things like "Oh no the power source has shut down we cannot run lumber mills anymore" and you have to turn some generator on again or repair it. Maybe have an engineer unit for that? Then you would get gold from the "Fortress Administrator" (or whatever) as a reward, which you can use for small non-essential but useful devices, like more Aura Tower Upgrades.
Problem with that is that monsters get really strong really fast, and mercenaries will just die on encounter, and don't really deal notable damage alone. Maybe have a tough pricey melee unit to act as a tank while the engineer is on his way? Would have to make sure they don't replace walls, though in the end you use units as sacrifices so your walls don't get raped too much anyway. (On Easy, that is. No idea how to beat any harder difficulty, yet. Every time we tried it we just called it ridiculous and play on easy.)

The map uses too huge values in general anyway. You could just divide all health, damage and other related values by 10, so it'll not look so exaggerated anymore.

Edited by -M-, 27 October 2009 - 08:25 AM.

#17 DeadDude

DeadDude

Private First Class

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

1. There is a tank unit for taking damage and it's the Tauren he has 9k hp
2. Easy is too easy i can beat it with my arms tied back, Normal is do-able but still easy, Mad is where things get challenging but i still beat it.
3. It's too hard to do quest while defending you're base, too many spawns and too many things to do.
4. Gold shouldn't be a currency but something else like i said a rank system (not save/load though).

anyways if my point is if you cannot beat it on any mode other than easy you should try implementing new strategies so you can beat it on norm/mad. Try changing how you build you're walls, what towers you use, and what mercenary you use to support you're defense.

Examples: Snipers will rape ranged units pretty quicky, Wizards can hex anything including bosses, marines are good if you have space at an average range so they don't get attacked. Build repairs 1 space behind walls so you can fit in repair bots, try and find a wall build that allows more than 1-2 repair towers to repair it at once.

Depending on what base i'm in i can make a build so i have 3 repair towers for each wall and 3 supreme bots each wall.

#18 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

I agree that with DeadDude that theres too much going on in the game already too add in a questing implement or something like that.

If you're not building or doing something for the whole game length, then you're making a mistake lol. You can almost always do something more with the game as is. (unless you're basing with a lot of people and get the base full of lumbers, towers, walls, and repairs in a matter of minutes biggrin.gif).

#19 -M-

-M-

Private 2

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Brainneater @ Oct 27 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree that with DeadDude that theres too much going on in the game already too add in a questing implement or something like that.

If you're not building or doing something for the whole game length, then you're making a mistake lol. You can almost always do something more with the game as is. (unless you're basing with a lot of people and get the base full of lumbers, towers, walls, and repairs in a matter of minutes biggrin.gif).
The map provides no information as to how the difficulty is made. E.g. will there be more monsters as there are more players, or is it controlled through the difficulty setting only? Because if only the setting changes the difficulty, you could play on easy with 10 players who all take one room for themselves and easily beat the game. The monster pathing seems to be bugged, random or just bad. Sometimes I get into one room with another player, and there barely are any monsters coming on my side, while the other player is getting assraped by hordes.

#20 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

I'm pretty sure there's the same amount of monsters as the amount of players goes up. Its not meant for every base to get "assraped" as you would call it. Usually only one or two bases get a mass amount of creeps while the others get little or none.

I wouldn't know too much about this though, I didn't help design the game and I know nothing about map making. Just my opinion on how it works.

As far as the difficulties I'm also pretty sure that just the HP and DMG goes up for creeps (not positive though).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users