Photo

6.74 Abilities against Eternia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

Hi, since there are more option of abilities for custom hero to choose from, I have been thinking about what abilities are good for certain situation or purpose, and I figured that...Eternia is getting even easier to handle ...

While Eternia can immune any magic damage, it cannot immune the effects of magic and items. Not to say that, op heroes with vamp potion will take care of Eternia easily, it is even easier to use melee hero, while melee heroes have faster base-attack-speed.

So, How about ranged hero and people who don't have custom hero or mostly rely on AA torrents to fight Eternia? I have some information to share...

New ability: (don't trust me 100% here, may be adjusted)

1.) Frost Nova: (will be seen on rank 65 hero, Crystal Maiden), 3 levels of 500, 1000, 1500 damage toward target with 800 cast range, and 1000 damage with buff to slow enemy's attack and movement speed (not much but can stack with slow aura(s)) in 2000 AOE of target. 8 seconds cool down, 8 seconds buff duration on normal monsters, 3~4?.. seconds on bosses.

2.) Frost Bolt: (will be seen on rank 65 hero, Crystal Maiden), 3 levels of ... level 3 = 10000 damage, stun any enemy 5 seconds with 18 seconds cool down, about 800 cast range.

! 3.) Leaking Soul: (will probably be seen on Shaman to replace Avatar) reduce enemy's "attack efficiency", 35 mana cost each time, can right click to auto cast. (I have not tested this on Eternia...)

! 4.) Superior Hex/Voodoo Hex: (later one will probably replace Voodoo Spirits of Witch) has 3.5 seconds hex with only 5 seconds cool down. This skill is still in development. (will need to be tested on Eternia and magic immune bosses . . . Eternia will be nothing if it can work on her)

Old ability:

Headshot from Marine hero: level 20 around 9000+ damage with 4 seconds stun to any enemy with 20 seconds cool down, about 1400 cast range.

----------------------

I have tested that Headshot can stun Eternia for 4 seconds, that makes Frost Bolt "very likely" to be able to stun Eternia for another 5 seconds, which makes me excited . . . we know that Frost Nova and Slow Aura can stack, the 5th skill for custom hero can consider Leaking Soul or Superior Hex depends on the adjustment. // Ignore cog of time and transmutations, I'm focusing on Eternia! I'm trying to point out that, you don't need as much lumber production to buy weapons since AA towers are all you need. (Be creative, don't limit yourself to bases' size). If you have problem defending Trojan~Tyrant, just train marines to stun them to death. Energy wall with cursed armor and level 33 wall armor is not as strong/firm as you think. These abilities will make Eternia look retarded, and save you at least 5 ~ 10 times the needed number of repair keys. and can be life savers. In other wards, you can also choose to kill Eternia away from base without vamp potion and/or vamp aura if you use the hit-and-run strategy. . .

p.s. replay is just to prove that Headshot ability works on Eternia, and Devil's Fragment bug at around 44 minutes remaining time(rainbow staff that the image/clone carries has damage).

Attached Files

• Nevo likes this

#2 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

I have confirmed some new abilities:

1.) Superior Hex ability (an option for custom hero) cannot be used on invulnerable, magic immune, and Eternia bosses, and it cannot be used on "summoned units" which basically can only be used on regular bosses; however, it is still a good ability to defend against (air) bosses, 200 MP cost, 3.5s duration, 5s CD, cast range ~800.

2.) Leaking Soul ability cannot be used on invulnerable and magic immune bosses, but it can be used on Eternia with effects, though not obvious. (let's say if Eternia at around wave 13(?) has 5x,000+130,000 damage, this ability will reduce the damage in green letter from 130,000 to 117,000~120,000, although not as much as the 25% shown as its description, it's still decent with another buff to reduce Eternia's HP regeneration. 6s CD time, 35 cost, can auto-cast, cast range ~800, 60s duration.

3.) Witch's Possession ability cannot be used on Endless wave monsters and air units, although its target's limitation has improved from level 8 to 10, I really don't see any difference compare to Charm ability.

4.) Frost Bolt ability can stun Eternia for 5 seconds.

--------

Old ability (just a general discussion):

- Meteor Fall ability of Astronomer only deals 14,400 damage at max level, 8,400 at level 10, long upgrade limitations (reach max ~ hero level 58), and long CD time ~ 40s. The advantage is it seemed to be able to damage magic immune bosses since it can attack "buildings"...not sure, I'm not in a hurry to confirm it, just saying that damage-wise, Super Nova and Death Wave are the best.

Edited by mv1990, 19 April 2016 - 01:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users