Photo

Tweaks to elemental stone

item elemental-stone elemental-staff

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Tweaks to elemental stone (8 member(s) have cast votes)

elemental stone bonus

1. i need more armor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. a few more str/agi/int to start off with would be nice (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. the elemental stone is fine as is (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. other (0 votes [0.00%])

5. give static bonus but nerf stat gain (0 votes [0.00%])

6. attack (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. a passive ability (0 votes [0.00%])

8. an active ability (0 votes [0.00%])

9. more choises for combining please (2 votes [22.22%])

elemental blasting staff

1. armor (0 votes [0.00%])

2. stats (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. leave it alone (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

5. yes but nerf it too (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. attack (1 votes [12.50%])

7. a passive ability (0 votes [0.00%])

8. an active ability (0 votes [0.00%])

9. more combo options (1 votes [12.50%])

enhanced elemental blasting staff

1. armor (0 votes [0.00%])

2. stats (2 votes [22.22%])

3. leave alone (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. nerf (0 votes [0.00%])

6. attack (0 votes [0.00%])

7. a passive ability (1 votes [11.11%])

8. an active ability (2 votes [22.22%])

9. more combo options (1 votes [11.11%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

so.. I've been noticing the elemental stone really doesn't get too much love after the initial stage..

i mean the stats gain is good and all but often when you got cash to spare you feel like its probably not going to pay off and the magic attack does little to the enemy you want to hurt most: bosses.

so I've been thinking would it be a good idea to maybe give elemental stone and/or its upgraded forms some static bonus as well?

if so what bonuses should we give?

• Nevo and KeXi like this

#2 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'm not sure how players elemental stats-gain are stored, but if there is easy access, maybe the elemental staff / enhanced elemental staff could increase the staffs dmg as well as gaining stats for the hero carrying it. Would the dmg gain be unique for each staff? Problem might occur otherwise if staff is give to other hero :P  Could be also tied up with the timer, maybe easier that way, and maybe more fair.

Got another idea. Elemental staff reaches it's max magic potential when it's upraded to the enhanced one and what it comes to the magic dmg, it is all downhill after that. But what if player could keep upgrading the enhanced staff, it would combine with each rainbow staff added after that, adding a stack-number to the enhanced staff. Each stack would increase the passive magic dmg or number of enemies it can hit simultaneously, or even both.

As another idea, maybe one of the staffs passive dmg could be targeted to same target that the hero is hitting atm, if any.

Edited by KeXi, 24 February 2016 - 05:01 PM.
edit

• Waffle(est) likes this

#3 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

thats a nice idea.

tho the current implementation would make scaling the staffs damage itself problematic probably..

#4 Scarlet-Scar

Scarlet-Scar

Private

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:22 PM

This is quite true with the stone. it is nice to have that starting Stat gain early but I normally find it not really as beneficial as say rushing a Elemental Blasting wand. Personally I don't have any ideas on how to change it but having perhaps some other options to Combine the Stone with would be a nice entertaining change rather then a " Nerf / Buff "

This is quite true with the stone. it is nice to have that starting Stat gain early but I normally find it not really as beneficial as say rushing a Elemental Blasting wand. Personally I don't have any ideas on how to change it but having perhaps some other options to Combine the Stone with would be a nice entertaining change rather then a " Nerf / Buff "

RIght now the Elemental stone both in it's Vanilla and staff form gives players who has one a HUGE advantage to their survival compared to those who doesn't have one. 

#5 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

I like the old setting, elemental stone was a reward for those willing to conquer the hardest mode. It is not that op compare to those who don't have them. Nerf it make no sense to me since elemental stone isn't the only thing for a player to rely on. Strengthen it will make others complain about breaking the balance even more. It has been proven that you don't need the stone to win nightmare. Team base can also help players to get elemental stone. For those who still want elemental stone and don't have it, did you ask for help? were you active enough? Even if you are playing ENT host games you can be red and sacrifice some time to ask all the players who is willing to help? I have been playing for years and I don't really think elemental stone would effect the gaming experience that much. Don't say that it's hard to get elemental stone within a few attempts, I have played thousands of games already, and that is part of gaming, you should enjoy it. All the extra stuff we get such as start/achievement item/custom units/etc are simply attraction to players, not to make new players feel humiliated. If you want it, work on it. If you want to nerf it, go ahead and share you thought while I secretly point my finger at you. If you want to strengthen it, I still secretly point my finger at you because elemental stone shouldn't be that important to the experience or success of the game.

• Nevo and KeXi like this

#6 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

it would appear the idea of making a few alternative combining recepies for elemental stone sees some support..

i wonder what would be appropriate :)

• 12th Archivist and KeXi like this

#7 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:35 PM

If the enhanced staff could be upgraded to be more viable later game for mages (like bonus stacks from rainbow staffs), it'd be cool, but maybe elemental stone could offer a build-path for dps-purpose as well.

maybe something similar, like upgrading elemental stone with electric fist to new item "Mjölnir", which would be also stackable with other n * electric fist -> mjölnir_n. Activation and passive lightning + bonus dmg and attackspeed increase each stack.

(btw, excalibur is super expensive for a single-buy item :lol:, why not make it to be obtained by combining 2 x super laternys?)

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

you cant hold 2 * super larceny on 1 unit u know..

#9 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

Not at the moment, but it would be logical if it worked that way.

#10 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

Well, the idea I had suggested to nevo long ago was thinking of a kind of new elemental stone.

Since we already have an offensive item, we could have a second one for defense.

The idea was for a new achievement and the new stone would increase defense, but it also involved creating a new mode and a new boss...

I had all sorts of ideas, but they were kinda hard to implement because almost all of them needed new modes aside from already having to create the new items...

Changing a little one of the suggestions I gave nevo before, you could actually change the Orbs and make them usefull

Currently the Items associated with the Elemental stone have passive damage and increase in stats attribute.

If possible, add another passive to the list making use of the Orbs.

Example: Elemental Stone + Blasting Staff = Ele Staff + poisonous Orb = Poisonous Ele Staff ( that adds a passive poison ability that already exists in wc3, it would only need to be balanced to the game. )

Such other abilities associated with the orbs are all within the game, I just dont really know how much work it would need to implement :P

#11 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

how bout we add liek combos to the stone, so you can combine elem stonew with an orb, and which orb u use decides what it buffs?

like have 1 orb boost agi gain and another boost the str gain 

and another increase eg armor...

also might or might not reduce the other types of stats gain..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: item, elemental-stone, elemental-staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users