Photo

New Fast Build Mode

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

The idea is simple. An additional mode that offers faster building of structures/units/training/upgrading/etc.

For those familiar with the " Warpten " cheat that applies the speed in-game, this will be something similar.

Players will have the option to have a 50% faster build or regular build depending on game preference.

Thoughts, comments? Please post below.

• 12th Archivist and mv1990 like this

#2 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

How about giving little extra building speed based on rank (posted similar suggestion in "Rank bonuses"-thread.

Maybe build-speed could be tied on the mode&rank, it would be faster in easier modes and naturally decrease towards nightmare. Higher rank would negate some of the decrease, or even keep the build-rate as same  (max rank). I'll give an example table what I mean:

Table below shows an example of survivors build-rates and a default rate of 1,0 is assumed

If the 1,0 rate is default, basically everyone playing easy mode would get 20% boost to build rate, and when playing nightmare, only rank 40+ would have a current rate of 1,0. With other modes differences would be smaller. This would encourage player to rank in order to player harder modes. Table values are just an example, they could be tweaked any direction ;)

Difficulty
    Easy Normal Mad Impossible Nightmare

Rank
0-19 1,2 1,1 1 0,9 0,8
20-39 1,2 1,125 1,05 0,975 0,9
40+ 1,2 1,15 1,1 1,05 1,0

• Nevo and Waffle(est) like this

#3 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

i definitely like what kexi is proposing here.

i just hope the build rate can be changed mid game or emulated somehow. also wonder how this would interact with powerbuilding..?

#4 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

Powerbuilding could be abused at least with tinker and mechanic (more? :lol:), isn't it a separated value from normal build-rate? I guess powerbuild could also be changed to make sure, that it wouln't be "faster". Maybe a trigger could do the job of changing them both, load-command would be logical place, but then again, if mode haven't been chose by then. Should the "-load"s work only after mode has been choosen first?

First I thought that higher rank could actually have lower build-rate in easiest modes, but then no one higher rank would use -load before everything essential had been set up first :lol:

So maybe it's just better to keep the progress slower for high-rank in easier modes ;)

#5 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

Should the "-load"s work only after mode has been choosen first?

Players use their load codes to access their progress which includes their achievements/items. A popular choice item happens to be the Wings which allow players to fly to their base right from the middle, getting there as fast as possible without having to blink multiple times. For the players that are lucky, they have the extended blinks and therefore wings don't really mean that much, but for the players that don't have this blink, the wings are the real deal and they expect to use them right away. Since the mode selection doesn't always occur at the same time, red can be away from keyboard or take his time. Vote Modes can be selected by Red or defaulted when Red is away. Therefore the current methods of loading whenever truly work.

#6 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

also: todo: make save-load fulyl automatic. this i think is achieveable but we lack the time to do it. contact us if u got free time and want a lil coding challenge :)

#7 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:53 PM

also: todo: make save-load fulyl automatic. this i think is achieveable but we lack the time to do it. 

I disagree and personally, as a player would not want an automatic save and load system.

#8 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

@Kexi: only custom builder has build rate of 1.0, regular ones have build rate of 1.1. I like the faster builder rate suggestion on rank, but not on difficulties (lumber bonus at start would make more sense to me compare to faster build rate based on difficulty). However, I think that we should increase the build rate more for higher rank to encourage people to rank and for contests purpose. I don't know if it is that easy to write the code for custom builders to have that extra 0.1 build rate bonus in addition to the load code.

@Nevo: I like the "warp five" mode suggestion, but I think we can try "warp double" or "warp 3" first. It sounds interesting, but it would be too fast for any player to control...lol, and boss spawn time should be adjusted accordingly.

#9 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

@mv1990: Hmm, are you really sure the rate is higher with regular ones? I though it was opposite, that customs would have 1,1 rate?

If you think it this way:

build_time_real = build_time / ( sum of rates ) , this sum could consist of builder(s), repair units, repair factories, etc..

repair unit lvl 1 have rate of 0,55, lvl2 0,60, ...,  builder, say 1,0 or 1,1.

now, when "sum of rates" increases, build_time_real gets smaller which mean the real buildtime is less. Higher rate = less time, no? ;)

And, if the custom repair-rate can be calculated for non-custom builders, for custom ones it's just the same added with + 0,1, nothing special there. Just that the mode, rank and type of alchemist has to be known. That example table above could be squized into a single fuction which returned the correct rate rounded to 2-3 digits for example.

#10 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

@Kexi: I don't know much about the code, but the numbers I mentioned were from the game. You can compare by loading your code, and play another game from "local area network" section, create a random name, you'll see that custom builder has build rate of 1.0, regular builder has 1.1.   I refer those number changes from my past tower-defense type of game experience that smaller the number has faster attack speed... same to the new version changelog where grumus boss was debuffed that attack cool down increased from 0.5 to 0.65. // On the other hand, it doesn't make sense for custom builder to have slower build rate than regular builder. // Clearly, custom builder with 1.0 build rate should be faster than regular builder with 1.1 build rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users