Photo

6.56 Spike wall technology transfer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Spike wall technology can be transferred after player leave...?

I played a game with energy walls, and I did the spike wall technology research just because I was bored...

I had about level 6~9 on Spike wall technology when Tyrant died. And I found out that I wasn't able to keep upgrading when another player left.

The attached screenshots show that the other player had at least level 15 Spike wall technology at 11 minutes remaining time.

Attached Files

#2 We_are_A

We_are_A

Corporal

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:13 AM

Does this happen to wall upgrades too?

#3 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

I cannot tell if wall armor and health can be transferred or not based on this game, because I upgraded those two faster than the other player. However, I'm not sure about wall health point, but I do believe that wall armor is not bugged/won't be transferred, based on my previous observations from others who team based and the waller disconnected.

#4 We_are_A

We_are_A

Corporal

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:11 PM

That might be a bug that I do not know, just leave it to the Dev team to fix it.

#5 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

When a player leaves some other player is supposed to get all the stuff...

So if you get a boost to level 15 spikes cause another player left = bad>?

Boosts like that were put in place to avert everyone getting screwed when the 1 player being hit w/mobs dies...

.....and you get a pool (20 minutes worth) of mobs/bosses at your base which had virtually no action

Turns out war3 has to spend mucho resources to make player specific things... -if 10 players present would do it x10 times

-less player specifics in war 3 = less resource consumption = the way to go if can be helped

Though the 35 armor levels are player specific

i wish i would hear -don't make it harder make it easier always its too good nerf it :(

maybe the spikes+health wall upgrades should be global

that way all us <n00bs> out there still stand a chance

#6 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

...When you "team base", you are suppose to play as a team as most of the time in reality, what's the point to stay if the waller is disconnected/desync/lagged out if your original goal is just to feed/lumber the waller?

Although we enjoy the advantage to have some extra resource (building only, not unit/hero) when other players leave the game for whatever reason, but it's a gift rather than we deserve it. We enjoy achievements by putting efforts into the game, not cheating? It will break the balance of the game definitely by too much extra help, and shouldn't be expected as a habit...

I believe spike wall technology max at level 20, not 15; and wall armors max at level 40, not 35

(-____-) """  There are many ways to experience/explore a game such as by asking, observing, analyze and evaluate replay, search for Youtube videos, mimicking, trying. I don't think a player should call him/herself "noob" after "certain amount" of efforts has been done. It took me more than 10 games to defeat Easy mode, but 10 games are really nothing if you really like the game... I have seen new players able to defeat easy mode based near the middle while still  kept asking me anything new to them... I was bored enough to test the minimum required lumber mills to defeat easy mode, and you don't really need that much.//On the other side, higher difficulties are supposed to be difficult... otherwise players will get bored easily.

#7 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

It has happened to me again. And replay and screen shots cannot prove anything for it's impossible to tell the actual commands used nor was able to capture the pictures of both players for comparison.

I doubt that the way it happens is from other people leaving the game while the technologies research is still "in progress", just like...the give away buildings including the command center recognizes the progress. (It may also happen to wall armor and health point). However, it's almost impossible for me to help test this out since I can hardly find mutual time of convenience or interest for random players to help.

It's just a possibility. Although many people would say it's not a big problem as it can only benefit players, but bug is bug.

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

Turns out war3 has to spend mucho resources to make player specific things... -if 10 players present would do it x10 times

-less player specifics in war 3 = less resource consumption = the way to go if can be helped

Though the 35 armor levels are player specific

only if you got shitty code (we got a lot of old legacy gunk in FSA)(you can usually recognise them by a lot of deeply nested for-loops and they are unfortunately prelevant in some triggers)

as for the upgrade transfers thing...
i dont think upgrades can be transferred... but abilities CAN (configurable). so if there is an upgrade that gives your units an ability.. and your units are transferred the transferred units can retain the ability.

the fact you could no longer upgrade tho is very curious, perhaps i am misinformed??

#9 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:03 PM

It was an upgrade that was toggled to be transferred and it is fixed for 6.57+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users