Photo

Abram's Tank hero, Ability suggestions

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 gelonic

gelonic

Private 2

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:23 PM

I had noticed a few people used the tank from the Military base for a wall in the tavern for haha's I know it isn't really viable, unless you get a lot of armor and hp regen, I was thinking about making a few suggestions see that maybe with the right items and such this could actually viable. Once again these abilities are just my suggestion on the matter.

Skill #1- Concussive Blast: The Abrams tank fires shells at just volatile speeds, they have a chance to knock the target out. stun% increased on lvling + damage.

Skill #2- Ironhide: The tanks durable steel exterior is able to reflect a percentage of incoming attacks and also increase its armor by a set rate, increases per level.(maxes out at some point, TBD)

Skill #3-Veteran Crew: with a veteran tank crew the Abrams can attack faster ( maxes out 20-25%??)

Skill #4-Master Mechanic: this unit has an increased HP pool and Hp regen (percentage based and max percentage at 45%??)

Ulti/ Final Skill- Fat Man & Little Boy: The Abrams Tank fires two giant shells dealing massive AOE damage, stunning and or slowing the enemies in the affected area.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS BELOW.  :D :wacko: :lol:

Edited by gelonic, 03 October 2015 - 01:24 PM.

• LieToMe, 12th Archivist and KeXi like this

#2 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

I like the ideas so far. I will return to this topic once I am working on the Tank Hero. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

#3 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

well i think the second skill is not needed because the tank is long range yet its impossible to hit him except for air units

#4 gelonic

gelonic

Private 2

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

I dont have the hero yet, plus I was thinking as the game progresses so when you run into creeps and bosses that deal more and more damage more midagation would help out.

#5 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

how about change it the second skill like, (passive skill) every attack it will + the damage of the hero stack but if you stop hitting it will go back again to zero then plus and plus until that that hero attacking die even you hit the other creeps it will repeat again.

#6 gelonic

gelonic

Private 2

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

so kind of like a hit multiplier not like crit, the more hits a specific target the more damage against that target, then it resets every time you switch to a new target??

#7 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

yeah you can get critical at the mystery tome

#8 gelonic

gelonic

Private 2

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

maybe I will keep it in mind! :D

#9 We_are_A

We_are_A

Corporal

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

Happy to see people giving their suggestions. :D

#10 gelonic

gelonic

Private 2

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

Have to, I want to help speed up the process a bit I wanna see how these heros come out. If I have to put some suggestions and brain power to do it, fine by me :D

#11 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:10 AM

Well... unless u gonna set the tank hero as a structure unit so that the tinkers can repair em...
But personally preferred increased attack range.. lei  shooting far like a badass

#12 gelonic

gelonic

Private 2

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

if you saw  my orginal post I believe I do state that this is a defensive version, I might also post an offencive version as well.

#13 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

Heya!

Got some ideas with the tank-hero too. It might be complicated to make, but the idea in short would be to let tank to transform between mobilie tank and rooted turret, like wc3 night elfs "Ancient Protector". Both forms would have their own strenghts and weaknesses.

Tank form would have higher defense (armor, hp, hpreg?), both lower range and base dmg, but slightly splash (lower stance and shot angle) and Turret form would be weaker (flat armor), but more range and better single target dmg (higher stance and shot angle).

Strong mobile form could also share incoming dmg to wall(s) with hes own hitpoints, then couple of spells like burning dps (orb) attack and some bursty aoe spell or attackboost. Made up some skill suggestions below, really like the "Transform!" and hp-sharing :D Turret-form could even act as an wall, but even with 200 000 hp, flat armor would keep him from becoming indestructible, maybe :P Root size change by level? Moar ideas? :)

Skill 1: Transform! (3 lvls)

Abrahams Tank is able to switch between two forms, both of them having own strengths and unique abilities.

Tank form: In mobile form Abrahams Tank has great defense and armor. Aoe damage plays a huge role in Abrahams Tanks abilities and lower stance also causes every autoattack to deal small splash around the target unit, with the cost of dmg and reload-speed though. Splash, hp and armor increases by level.

Turret form: Abrahams Tank roots itself into the ground. With a steady stand, Abrahams Tank turns reduced recoil into faster reload-speed and is able to shoot clearly farther by the elevated stance, which also offers greater single target damage. Also the abilities are more focused in boosting single target dmg and attackspeed. Turret form doesn't benefit from gained armor but have a flat 10 instead. Another level in Transform! builds Turret up with higher density,  reducing root area and increasing flat armor little. 6x6 10 armor, 4x4 15 armor, 2x2 20 armor (space management early on :P )

Skill 2: (Orb, passive, no cd or mana cost) (6 lvls)

Burning shot: Sets target on fire, making dmg over time. Burning shot lasts 5 seconds and causes small aoe explosion if target dies under the effect of Burning Shot. Burning dot and explosion dmg increases by level. Explosion ignites nerby enemies with the effect of Burning Shot.

Cleaving Shot: Repetitive turretshots to same target starts penetrating the targets armor. Reduced armor stacks with following attack. Starting point and cap increases by level, e.g. 1...5, 3...7, ..., 11...15.

Skill 3: (5 lvls)

Loud and Clear: Bonus dmg and max attackspeed for very short duration (for e.g. 3-7 shots), bonus dmg / shots increases by level.

Shallow Round: Abrahams Turret form shoots a special made damaging round. Along with the singletarget stun, aftershock also damages and slows the nearby enemy movementspeeds and attackrates.

Skill 4: (6 lvls)

One for All: Abrahams Tank links himself to ally structure, sacrificing hes own life for the shared good. Abrahams Tank also returns dmg when taken dmg from enemies, return increasing with level.

Option 1) Abrahams Tank heals ally units or structures with holylight, by taking half of the dmg in return, amount of healing changes with level. (easier to make)

Option 2) Abrahams Tank can set up a link to transfer hes own hp to structures, hp flow increases with level. (check map called "Power Towers", transfers mana to towers :P ) (Multiple flows to walls possible?) (cooler :P )

Focused fire: Turret form boosts allies attack with increased attackspeed and dmg auras. 

Attached File  transform1.jpg   54.71KB   0 downloads

Many ideas combined from this thread, like dmg return, stun&slow, armor reduction, offense&defence, unique abilities.

Greets,

KeXi

• Nevo and LieToMe like this

#14 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

it would be better if every transform not the same skills, only to me 

#15 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:14 AM

Moved..

Edited by KeXi, 05 November 2015 - 11:58 AM.
Combined with my previous post above

#16 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

"Skill 2, Loud and Clear"  suggestion: slow movement and attack speed (30-45%) or -1 armor every attack (stack)

#17 KeXi

KeXi

Corporal

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

"Skill 2, Loud and Clear"  suggestion: slow movement and attack speed (30-45%) or -1 armor every attack (stack)

Slows could work, but I think -1 armor every hit would be too powerfull, when armor goes to negative ^_^. And even if limited to zero, it might still easily double the dmg for some bosses or other armored monsters :P

#18 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:38 PM

well some mobs hard to kill like endless, every endless wave it increase the armor and damage of the mobs, well if it can`t then up to 5-15 stacks only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users