Photo

Auto Save Interval

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Poll: When should automatic saving occur? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Automatic Saving should occur every...

1. 30 seconds (current) (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

2. 45 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 60 seconds (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. 75 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 90 seconds (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

6. 120 seconds (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

7. 180 seconds (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

8. 240 seconds (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

9. 300 seconds (10 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

10. 360 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

11. 420 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

12. 480 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

13. 540 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

14. 600 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

15. 660 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

16. 720 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

17. 780 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

18. 840 seconds (0 votes [0.00%])

19. 900 seconds (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

Currently in 6.55, the auto save occurs every 30 seconds.

#2 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:50 PM

We are open to other suggestions (eg saving whenever some event happens or only saving when some conditions are met etc)

Please give useful feedback :)

#3 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

I vote for every 5 minutes, as in. If you were dropped of a game, you wouldnt lose much, and also it wouldnt create so much rank files.

Doing it by 5 minutes at time, it will already create more than 10 text files for a single game.

Imagine how much it would be with an interval of less than that.

#4 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

I played about twenty games the past week and as a result have around 200 text files. I had about 25 text files prior to the auto save.

#5 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

Not rly needed, i have fear we will create more problems with something like this

#6 We_are_A

We_are_A

Corporal

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

every 2 minutes should be appropriate incase of a crash.

#7 War-G0DS

War-G0DS

Corporal

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:53 AM

well yeah i think too 2 mins is better because there`s a chance that it will crash

#8 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

too much auto save wont be good to the game for various reasons aint it?
Rather than every certain time.personally prefer that you shouldve made it auto save only on maybe like certain time  such as the boss's death  or middle of the game >> 25 minit >> and behemonth death twice ?
Its annoying to see too much file either way

#9 Typhus

Typhus

Private 2

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

Or making an autosave command? like, the player type -autosave x and the autosave system start to save every "x" seconds.

Anyway, i think 30secs is  a bit too often, i didnt met the crash bug yet, but 45secs or 1mins should be safer i think

#10 12th Archivist

12th Archivist

Corporal

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

I wish there was a poll option for 900 seconds (every 15 minutes) or even less frequently than that. But honestly, I don't like this idea at all. Why do we need an autosave feature in the first place? If the game crashes and you lose progress, just play another game.

#11 GhosTz

GhosTz

Private 2

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

I wish there was a poll option for 900 seconds (every 15 minutes) or even less frequently than that. But honestly, I don't like this idea at all. Why do we need an autosave feature in the first place? If the game crashes and you lose progress, just play another game.

I see this as a good solution to many problems. The fact that maybe some might forget to save, or you just got an achievement from killing a boss, and loosing that reward, just because something happened. Or you're just about to win, and something like that happens. And it should not necessarily be so short, but I think it's a great feature. 

#12 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

I see this as a good solution to many problems. The fact that maybe some might forget to save, or you just got an achievement from killing a boss, and loosing that reward, just because something happened. Or you're just about to win, and something like that happens. And it should not necessarily be so short, but I think it's a great feature. 

Exactly why i think the auto save should be only trigger on the behemoth and or eternia death.. i mean  do u really need that few exp that badly? and it would've be annoying to the max level peeps

it will really be great for auto save... but if only it would auto overrides the old files... and will NOT causing any problems to the game.....if just wanting to implement an auto save causing tons of troubles.... aint the objective got reversed?

#13 GhosTz

GhosTz

Private 2

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

Exactly why i think the auto save should be only trigger on the behemoth and or eternia death.. i mean  do u really need that few exp that badly? and it would've be annoying to the max level peeps

it will really be great for auto save... but if only it would auto overrides the old files... and will NOT causing any problems to the game.....if just wanting to implement an auto save causing tons of troubles.... aint the objective got reversed?

I agree on that, the main part of the XP would also first be noticed after the bosses. So that's something I would vote for, and if the game crashes, it would not be the biggest loss until after you kill some of the bigger bosses. So yeah, I think that should be implemented into the map. And all that about it being like 15 minutes or more, that would still result in the crash happening after the bosses were killed. If the interval is too long the auto-save, might not occur in time to save the progress you managed to get after killing the bosses.

#14 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:46 AM

I wish there was a poll option for 900 seconds (every 15 minutes) or even less frequently than that. 

I have updated the poll choices to include longer time intervals.

#15 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

i donno bout you but 900s sounds like it would make autosave pretty much useless.. it wond defend you from crashes nor will it defend you  from forgetting to save..

i was much rather expecting for suggestion on heuristics.. eg skip autosave when you have gained no exp or such..

#16 Sieghart93

Sieghart93

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

lei... my only comments is to fix da errors so that the game will crash lesser instead of adding more dangerous feature which might cause more problems......
Well... i never had any fatal error before 6.52..... but recent versions.... had too much crash

#17 GhosTz

GhosTz

Private 2

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

i donno bout you but 900s sounds like it would make autosave pretty much useless.. it wond defend you from crashes nor will it defend you  from forgetting to save..

i was much rather expecting for suggestion on heuristics.. eg skip autosave when you have gained no exp or such..

Yeah, 15 min would be too much if you ask me. I think it would be fine with 5 minute interval. Just adding a feature protecting progress directly after crashes happening with bosses. And if the auto-save would be kept as it is, just make sure that no one notices the minor lag spikes.