Photo

6.53 Limited Fastest lumber strategy...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

I have been playing FS for more than 2 years, and I have spent at least 700 hours for it. I'm here to say that, the fastest way to learn and become a better FS player is by watching replay, mimic, and practice. It's too ****ing hard to describe how excited I'm right now, after seeing people's replay and figured that there are always things/strategies/etc you didn't find out or overlooked by myself.

While I have been trying to use the most basic settings for contests to prove that everyone can be better without extra advantage such as achievement items, higher mana regeneration rate by ranks, faster and longer blink, quests, etc, every second at the beginning matters. And now, thanks to Englocked's replay, I have my new favorite...to lumber without hero, and it's the strategy everyone can use. That is, build bookshelves early in the game without hero. You have a small chance for getting tomes of knowledge from bookshelves, and you can sell one for about 125 lumber. . . that's more than anything to boost your lumber speed, and no wonder there are various ways to finish 4 level 7 lumber mills at 27 minutes remaining time. . .  By the first time I figured this out, I was like, damn...that's thousands of extra lumbers you can have within the first 15 minutes of gameplay. I was in deep introspection about why I didn't think of this...after hundreds of games played.

Anyways, here's the question: Should "No Hero" actually allow a contest participant to rank higher or much lower??

Because by the time you need a unit to carry good items to kill bosses, you have enough resources most of the time that you don't even need a hero. You know how OP is the Great Myrmidon for fighting eternia with good items?...super fast health regeneration rate, chaos attack, passive stun... Not to say that any unit with damage other than the builder and exterminator can carry items to kill Behemoth by using walls or bodyguards to tank.

Finally, Englocked, We love you!! (who's we? anyone who didn't know about the strategy, tries it, and loves it)

#2 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

We have fixed the exploit that allowed players to sell Tome of Knowledge. In version 6.54+ this is no-longer possible.  :ph34r:

#3 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

I don't know if the intention of you post was ironic or not. But if it wasn't, that's really funny :P

Didn't you found it weird that you were getting way too much lumber for free? hahahaha

#4 mv1990

mv1990

Staff Sergeant

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

@AzZ   I was very excited to try the strategy and planned to mimic the replay that I have seen, but I don't want to break the balance of the game. I think I know why you felt that I was being ironic, but I never had that intention, although my last sentence already revealed so. If I have any authority, I would reward anyone who helps to improve the game by finding bugs. However, it doesn't affect the fact that I still find bugs entertaining, just like some of the old ones that allowed players to solo Eternia easily.

Seriously, finding bug is fun and it's part of the game, too. The hardest mode is still a nightmare for me most of the time. I don't want to type greedisgood 9999999 and/or whosyourdaddy on Single Player mode to rape Eternia to find my emotional comfort, nor I can beat Eternia easily on regular mode, and then some bugs allowed me to find the entertainment once in a while that doesn't allow player to use cheat code, and you can enjoy the game with audience and/or teammates. There were times I was dying to crave for help to get wings and elemental stone, and I was willing to use all the bugs I have known to help people for those items. Not to say that lots of players can kill Eternia easily now, but beginners may still find it hard to receive help to do Eternia run. I don't believe that all the beginners have the patience like I did. I have done many Eternia runs that I had 4 other game accounts that reached rank 50 for it while enjoying the intense teamwork, and I no longer have the mood to go back to use old bugs. However, I don't mind to teach those who wants the achievement items about this bug/exploit if the excitement attracts players to stay in the FS community.