Photo

Dialog Voting instead of Commands

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Changing How Players Vote (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to use an Interface Dialog when Voting?

1. Yes (19 votes [82.61%])

Percentage of vote: 82.61%

2. No (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

In the beginning of the game, If the modes are not selected and voting begins, users must type commands like -nightmare and -noair and -noinvis if they are to participate in voting for mode selection. This process is not friendly to some players because it requires the user to type quickly and takes time away from everything else. We are interested to change the way voting works so that instead of the user typing the modes, they will choose from a Dialog instead.

#2 oufo

oufo

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:55 PM

i think u should pause the game for all players for like 20 sec.. while the voting commences .. so that no time is wasted. 

#3 12th Archivist

12th Archivist

Corporal

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

OH YES ABSOLUTELY.

This would also help the problem that there's only one way to vote for something. If I try to vote for Nightmare mode by typing -nightmare , nothing happens. I can only vote for that by typing -nm . (Or is it the other way around?) That might be intuitive to most players, but I've always wanted a more idiot-proof system for voting. A dialog window would be perfect.

#4 LoganRusling

LoganRusling

Private

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

I'll add to this as my first post to the community. :) 

Sometimes when I'm...distractted I'll hit enter, ready to type in my load code, and the game will choose Very Easy mode. That's very aggravating if you have a decent size lobby this day in age.

Text commands have always been very useful especially back in the days of SotDRP.

#5 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:53 AM

+1 on accidental dialog selections, +1 for commands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users