Base restrictions & claiming

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ethaw

Ethaw

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

Hello everyone,

Just got this idea to add more diversity to the type of bases available: I think we should only be able to build on a claimed base (and shared ones of course), if it's not the case, the same mechanic as the exile one should be applied (only in bases, not out of them - if you want to build walls to stall for instance). And be able to claim only once in the game.

This would have 2 effects:

- prevent people from just claiming a base to steal the units and go build somewhere else, which is almost the only use of -claim currently (so not a healthy mechanic to the game, and not very logic as well)

- prevent people from running around the map at the beginning, forcing them to go straight to the base they want, which would reduce ambiguity in online games: so other players know at the beginning where you build, and you don't have the issue of the base you wanted already taken because you were running on the other side of the map to claim some units.

- allow devs to add more diversity to the type of bases available (be able to add bigger advantages like a real strong unit to compensate a mediocre base layout) without any loss of balance to the game. The main thing I have in mind is some unit oriented base with a layout preventing a high wps, but there are probably many other possibilities that this change would open;

I'm not a pro of FSA, but I think this change would be very healthy and potentially add a lot of possibilities to the game in the future.

• Nevo, 12th Archivist and ant1000123 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users