Photo

Get rid of end game cinematics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bi_a_op

bi_a_op

Private 2

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

The starting cinematic is a nice add. It let's me itch my itch behind my ear before I rush to my base. But the end game one where I'm getting ready for this and that for endless wave and whatever can be frustrating. Especially since there are two in a row. My personal opinion is to get rid of them, they don't add anything to the gameplay. Cinematics could be cool, but they aren't.

If I had to choose, I think the cinematic that spawns Behemoth has to be the first one to go. We know he spawns and if you made it this far you probably won't lose so the event isn't that epic that we need a cinematic for it.

Cinematic for clearing the map makes sense, but I still don't like it.

Thoughts?

PS sorry if this has already been discussed :rolleyes:

• ReD, Pwnage and 12th Archivist like this

#2 Pwnage

Pwnage

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

I think this is an excellent idea and agree completely. Even the intro cinematic is weird since the camera angles decide to do whatever they want, but it definitely is appreciated since it gives me time to close the game I was playing before since people take aeons to load.

This has my complete approval. I never thought the "final" bosses where ever anything that required two cinematic scenes. Furthermore, if you've ever played older versions or very easy versions where people get so strong that they just keep their heroes in the center of the map, the cinematic actually is so long that it gives people the ability to safely win the game before it should be won.

If it's cool with the rest of the dev team, I see no reason why it should remain.

#3 emilbuS

emilbuS

Private

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Im pretty new to the whole fs scene but I thought the Tyrant was considered some sort of Bonus, is it not?

Yes, if we are alive at the point in the game when the Tyrant cinematic is being shown than most of us are going to win; but I still see the occasional "???" come from newer players not knowing there was even a boss after Trojan.

For me I think of the Tyrant Commander as the Commander of the Fortress we are tasked with defending, and in the end after we've done all the dirty work and cleaned up he attempts to backstab us and the Tyrant cinematic does a good job of displaying that.

As I said, for most of us who play the map somewhat frequently the Tyrant animation can get annoying; but to get rid of it because it I personally don't like it? I disagree.

#4 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:39 AM

I really dont know about this been playing this game for years, i think the intro need to stay for sure, give us some more time to get ready

Yeah some news players on ent bot dont know for the bonus so its cool for them, its not really something that annoying me personally

#5 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:44 AM

I really dont know about this been playing this game for years, i think the intro need to stay for sure, give us some more time to get ready

Yeah some news players on ent bot dont know for the bonus so its cool for them, its not really something that annoying me personally

It's not the Intro they are talking about but rather the cinematic that occurs during the spawn of Behemoth after Najort is killed.

#6 shtroumf

shtroumf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:52 AM

Yeah i know but Pwnage was talking about the intro also

#7 bi_a_op

bi_a_op

Private 2

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

Im pretty new to the whole fs scene but I thought the Tyrant was considered some sort of Bonus, is it not?

Yes, if we are alive at the point in the game when the Tyrant cinematic is being shown than most of us are going to win; but I still see the occasional "???" come from newer players not knowing there was even a boss after Trojan.

For me I think of the Tyrant Commander as the Commander of the Fortress we are tasked with defending, and in the end after we've done all the dirty work and cleaned up he attempts to backstab us and the Tyrant cinematic does a good job of displaying that.

As I said, for most of us who play the map somewhat frequently the Tyrant animation can get annoying; but to get rid of it because it I personally don't like it? I disagree.

Good point, and I agree. But I think one end-game cinematic would do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users