Photo

Over production of Defenders

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

Firt, I really don't know if this is a bug or what, but since it was the first time I sow it, and it was really weird, I think its worth posting.

I based on the C-21 Alpha base and there was a mass production of deffenders by the Base command all over the game. they got grouped in front of my base.

Here's a print of the spam of messages

Attached File  1.jpg   119.75KB   0 downloads  Attached File  2.jpg   160.33KB   0 downloads

And here, they started group in front of my base at minute 36. By the end of the game, there was this much of them.

Attached File  3.jpg   156.7KB   0 downloads

I'm sorry if this is not a bug. In all the games I've played so far, that's my first time seeing it. Thought I should report.

Attached the replay in case you guys want take a look:

Attached File  Replay_2014_09_03_1817.w3g   657.48KB   7 downloads

• Nevo likes this

#2 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

That doesn't seem like a bug to me, especially the one later in the game. Each time a sentry building's summon paratrooper ability is activated, it displays that message. It seems like they had tons of the sentry buildings and wanted all those paratroopers. Them getting stuck there seems to be due to some enemies nearby and them getting bottleneck'd (they do like to hang out around the top-right for some reason though).

#3 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

That doesn't seem like a bug to me, especially the one later in the game. Each time a sentry building's summon paratrooper ability is activated, it displays that message. It seems like they had tons of the sentry buildings and wanted all those paratroopers. Them getting stuck there seems to be due to some enemies nearby and them getting bottleneck'd (they do like to hang out around the top-right for some reason though).

Ok. I reported mostly because of the spam of messages. I've only seen it this time.
If you say its normal, then it's all good :)

#4 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

hmm.. perhaps we could do some tricks to alleviate that..

we could say.. ehm.

• limit the number of units and in stead give some bonus stats or sth..?
  • limit number of outposts..?
  • give some alternate summon that is stronger but us less units.?

#5 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

How about removing that spawn point, and creating new ones? One at each portal and one in the center. Then, each time units are summoned, have them choose a spawn point at random. This would keep them from bunching up so easily like they have in the screenshots, and the constant fighting would keep their numbers down, reducing game lag. Further more, since they would actually be free to move around and fight, they wouldn't become a useless mass sitting in one spot (except, perhaps, for team efforts that focus on para spam, or someone relying on this tactic for VE mode.)

I like the idea of limiting their numbers and giving them some sort of bonuses, as well as the idea of more summon-able units. It could be a neat way to give the Defenders a bigger role in the game.

• Nevo likes this

#6 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

hmm.. yeah, getting them out of those cramped corners definitely would help.. they 100% useless like that.. 

(well not really, ive seen em dent eternia pretty good.. but iof they could move theyd have killed her 3 times over in stead..)

(it was fun tho :P )

(painting a quarter of the map wiht sentry posts that is lol )

#7 jinsou420

jinsou420

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

all of the teals buildings are infact sentrys,because it was me that game :)  nothing wrong with it just alot of fun !

#8 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, I get that now. Back there I didnt knew that sentry posts could call out paratroopers :P

#9 jinsou420

jinsou420

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, I get that now. Back there I didnt knew that sentry posts could call out paratroopers :P

but wasn't it alot of fun !?

#10 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:18 AM

I remember a while back someone spammed sentry buildings to do essentially the same thing you did and the paratroopers managed to take down Behemoth by themselves on Mad difficulty with little issue (this was back in the 6.00s).

#11 AzZ

AzZ

The Legendary.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, you can say it was fun, but you got desynced and I'm pretty sure it was due to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users