Photo

Solo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

I've played a few team games LAN with nieghbors and man does the game get easier with teamwork.  I'm used to doing everything solo, so when I have help and I can just focus on lumber whoa I was amazed at how much easier it is.  The difference I belive is builders, everything takes so long to build, but as a team with builders (even Noobs) we can very effeciently take the bot left corner and keep until finish.  Now currently when you play Solo there are no bonuses or nothing, I would like to see some sort of bonus when you play Solo, as its meant to be a team game and thus much more difficult Solo.

I actually was basing at B-11 alot when the idea came to me (big base south Summer Cottage 6 barrier wall).  I'd build quite an elaborate stall to start involving many barricades (more than one can hotkey 0-9), which is a bit rediculous I know, but I'd actually load the game with computer slot players because then theres this random chance I'd generate as a Girl, in which case I'm blessed with an Auto-Upgrade ability.  I'd actually quit if I wasn't the girl and reload the map (1-2 min's staring at the loading screen) and ::sigh:: when I didn't get the Girl.

Theres a joke here somewhere I just can't find it.

My Idea is just that, as a buff or bonus or whathaveyou for playing Solo you should give me a command I could use to turn into the Girl on purpose at the starting few min.'s.  Not that I want to be a girl really, but apparently in this game I do, and I have found myself reloading the map a number of times in hope of the random chance of being the girl.  The Auto-Upgrade is really only useful for that initial stall wall build thing really (which I find myself doing less and less) but it is something I would utilize if it was there.

BTW I have found it much more effective to build just your wall and repairers behind it in most tests I've done in most bases; rather than tons of barricades.  Just trying to give you guys some idears is all, maybe everyone wants to be a girl when they solo too?     -still not funny

#2 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

I would suggest that you consider investing in a custom builder, that way you get your own custom model and custom builders also come with the Toggle auto upgrade ability. I agree with you that soloing requires more skill and knowledge then teaming and therefore is harder to do. But I'm sure how a solo bonus could work truthfully.  I am mainly a solo player and a very strong one at that and I don't have issues soloing nightmare, air, invis really. There's also a lot of other strong solo players out there. But if you think of a bonus feel free to share.

Also yes investing too much time into a stall can be rather pointless

• Nevo likes this

#3 Nythra

Nythra

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

I've been trying to solo NM recently having seen some other players do so. Unfortunately the only way ive found to so far to survive long involves basing in places where the pathing causes creeps problems. Even then I end up dying shortly before trojan turns up as I just get overwhelmed, even with fairly high armoured walls, maxed repairers, full marines + wizards and general along with that elemental staff. My damage just could not keep up with the creeps. 

Nevertheless I've seen other players waltz through NM+air+invis like its nothing, but most of them can double claim and have 2 heroes. I don't have a problem with that at all. If they are willing to pay money for those bonuses or win competitions I think that fine. What I'm concerned about is that the game seems to be increasing balanced for those players. Beating the mode as a duo would be fairly straight forward I think once you get the hang of it but solo is another beast. 

It's good that NM is a lot harder than it was in 6.42. The double bosses is fun. I would just be very interested to see someone without the paid for perks solo NM air invis without messing around with unit pathing.

#4 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Most of the difficulty increases are affected NM (and maybe Impossible a bit, the others not very much) as it's supposed to the hardest mode to beat and shouldn't be able to be done easily. It's certainly very hard to beat the current NM without additional perks (even then it's still quite hard to do). I can't say I know your strategy, where you base, etc., but there's always room for improvement (even if it's minor).

I fail every now and again, but usually manage without having double claim or 2 heroes.

#5 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

i wonder how one would detect "solo".. seems like something that would prolly be half-assed and get abused constantly... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users