Photo

No-wall strategy? (in 6.42)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 12th Archivist

12th Archivist

Corporal

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

My first post!

I just reached Rank 15, and since I've been hearing about all these no-wall strategies using the Commander Hero, I figured I might as well give it a shot.

...and I died in the first ten minutes. On Easy Mode. Whoop-de-doo.  :unsure:

So I'm clearly missing something. Could anyone give me some pointers on winning with a no-wall strategy, or at least using the Commander properly? He seems like such a fun hero, and I'd hate to miss out on using him well.

#2 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

To make that work, you have to use paratroopers to tank the enemies for the most part.

I'm not sure about this, but I think having Elemental Stone is pretty much a requirement as well.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily get used to this (as your main strategy or one you'd go back to often), as it's just about impossible to do no-walls with Commander in 6.44 [which isn't quite released yet in case you ask].

#3 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

6.44 is going public pretty soon I would say and no walling isn't really going to be possible at all. Don't get used to it as Dwarf suggested

#4 12th Archivist

12th Archivist

Corporal

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

Ah, thank you both. I'll keep trying a few other things, but if Elemental Stone is needed, I guess it's a lost cause.

Onward to 6.44!

#5 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

6.42 cdr paras are OP there is is possible.

also some units are free to train from merc camp.. with some effort you could rly mass them easily and make a wall of flesh..

#6 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:02 PM

Just mass Gladiators and with Commander, you will win easily even on nightmare.

#7 12th Archivist

12th Archivist

Corporal

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

With a bit of practice, I've been able to beat Mad mode with minimal walling (just enough to get Commander's Paratrooper ability to level 20). Nightmare mode next!

Although I don't get three lv7 mills until 5:00 left, so I guess my form still needs work.