Photo

6.43 nm air invis solo with druid and energy walls ^^

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

http://www.mediafire...o_nm_air_in.w3g

I was wanted to be different and made this with Energy Walls without any lost walls and with a druid as a main hero.

There was few missclicks with mill's transmute.

I think some ppl will like this strategy because it is may be very easy one and very effective but require good controll.

I've played on slowest game speed because i can't controll everything good at fastest.

Pls share your feedback too.

And i know that i could kill Eternia with other way and + keys but..... :D

#2 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Nicely done. 

I'm curious about why you use that lumber setup. 6 of the factories on the outside don't help any of the mills build. Personally, if I were to use a large lumber setup, I would use this one in that base. 

2rm6ubs.jpg(image stolen from Erdam's lumber guide)

Your current lumber setup lets you get 12 assists per mill, but you have to spend a lot of your attention trying to transmute all of the mills individually. With this lumber setup, you get 12-10-10-11 for the assists, but you have enough time between transmutes to manage the rest of your base, meaning that you might be able to handle the game at a normal speed. Also, if you turn this build on its side, you have enough space to fit all 3 of your t7s without having to shuffle any mills around. 

A few tips to make killing eternia easier...

1. Let trojan/najort and behemoth live longer. You could have an extra 10 minutes of lumber if you do this, which is quite a bit of lumber that late in the game. 
  2. You can buy hovering repair bots from the librarian that heal the helicopters in the middle.
  3. Wizard's slow will reduce eternia's attack speed.
  4. Paratroopers summoned from a sentry post come with an ability called Net. Very, VERY useful against eternia.

PS- Anyone having trouble viewing the replay, it's probably because he has his map in a different location than you. To view his replay, you can simply create a new folder in your maps location, title it "fs", and put a copy of the map in that folder. Then you should be able to view it with no issues. 

#3 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

Good advises also i saw which factories wasn't helped mills i only lost time with them i guess.

Will try to use them soon.

#4 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

I was amazed at how you could keep up with the transmutes... but then I saw you were playing on slowest speed! You shouldn't have mentioned that :D

Well done nonetheless! I don't think I've seen someone beat 6.43 with energy walls yet.

As for killing eternia, you need to stack black larceny's (tomes are worthless @6.43). Make sure you have 1 strong wall to tank as well as a way to repair it.

#5 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Actually only 2 things helped me a lot: stone + staff and that normal druids can use black larceny vs bosses.  :D

Energy wall or Barricade choice based only on timing and knowledge about which wall could tank each boss.

#6 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

wall type matters.. but armor tier matters a lot more. because armor is WAY OP in warcraft.

#7 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Mb you are right but i tried both walls in 6.42 and 6.43 and they both could tank all 3 last bosses with a little help of medics and i could say that they do it equally in both versions with same numbers of upgrades. Creator of this map made very solid math balance work.

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:03 AM

A few vers ago high tier regen walls got a nice armor boost. (armor acts to amplify hp regen effects in some ways.. and we kind of hit the regen ceiling in object editor.. or so was claimed)

the lower hp does mean that external repair are more effective on equivalent barricade types but intrinsic regen might make that up when you are high enough.

#9 Tryndart

Tryndart

Private

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

Haven't watched the replay, but Energy Walls are never viable as the other wall.

#10 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

They are in 6.43; I usually use energy walls as a stall, but have tried them as main instead of barricades and they worked pretty well.

#11 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Energy walls can be used as main walls easily in 6.43 your upgrade priority would just be different

#12 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

They are a viable option in 6.43. In fact, it's possible to beat NM+air+invis without any repairs on them, though this is somewhat difficult to manage and requires a slightly advanced knowledge of other ways to keep your walls alive.

#13 slipshot

slipshot

Private

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

I still cant view the replay. Can anyone help me out? Every time i try to view the replay it just says "The map file associated with the replay could not be found. Please make sure the map file 'Maps\fs\Fortress Survival Alpha 6.43beta200.w3x' used by the recorded game exists and try again'' 

I've already created a new file 'fs' and placed the map in there but it still doesnt work

#14 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Well do you have the correct version of the map?

#15 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:28 AM

It has to be in <warpath>\Maps\fs\ AND it must be called "Fortress Survival Alpha 6.43beta200.w3x" AND it well has to be the exact same map.. (there is some checksum that warcraft checks)