Photo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Why is there so much hate on the 6.43V200 beta? People claim there are a lot of bugs in the beta when really there are no bugs or glitches the effect game play and the only bugs are that you can basically go to a lot of glitch spots on the map with your worker but there's no point to even do that.

Other than paratroopers being nerfed.... and paratroopers still do respectable DAMAGE what do you not like about 6.43? Why are people not trying to adapt to it when it's going to be a lot like the official release.

Would love to hear from some people who are having problems with the beta

#2 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Not that I have a problem with 6.43b200, as I'm sure you know, but the paratroopers having much less HP is probably the biggest reason for the hate. Upgrades costing more is probably the other big reason (even though the first few come out cheaper than they would have in 6.42).

I've never seen someone saying that bosses are way too difficult to kill now, because of the armour increase (for some reason Hydra still has really low armour).

Overall, if Fortress Survival never really changed, it'd get pretty dull very quickly; using 6.42 as the example: a lot people would be using Commanders and the OP tank paratroopers, most people would have developed or adapted a strategy that works well for them without a need to ever really change it.

I have to say that my base/build strategy works very well in 6.43b200, I've tried it in 6.42 and it just doesn't work as well (mostly the post-Stealer part).

#3 Zer0o

Zer0o

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

1 reason - I can't even properly play it cause the map is creating too much lag and my laptop can't handle it.

And before anyone starts to insult my laptop for being too shitty and cant handle wacraft 3: I can play most maps out there without major lags, even my own maps. Ever since 6.42, the lag is making the map unplayable for me. I tried playing 6.43 like 2 times and just left after like 5-10mins cause its a waste of time.

#4 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

really?

i have not experienced killer lag unless like min 6 ppl who are all pro enought to get over 60 wps..

i would REALLY like to learn more about the conditions of when you get this lag..

(also 6.42 and 6.43 comparisons?)

(tho any lag is a pain i would really like to know what is the cause..)

#5 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Not sure if this is really related, or is different, but a few days ago I played a game and towards the end I had 9 lv 7s set up, along with maybe 25-ish lv 5s (I was lumbering someone and someone else came into the base); there was one other person who had 3 lv 7s and maybe 16 lv 5s. There wasn't too many towers or many things running around as Trojan had spawned, but it started all of a sudden and was pretty much like dropping from 60 fps to 2.

It lasted until the rest of the game. I've never had this happen before (and it was on 6.43b200).

#6 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

lumber should not cause lag anymore.. (well the triggers at least.. we really optimized that)..

trojan? that would be wird if 1 unit would suddenly cause all the lag.. i don't hink so...

you said your FPS dropped to ~2 ? graphic lag then? just lot of things to render?

#7 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Well it wasn't literally 2, but it was that sort of thing (like a major drop). And I don't think it was Trojan necessarily, as it didn't start when he spawned, he had lost like 1/2 HP and it was a minute or two into the time.

In all honesty, I think it was just kind of random MMH lag, but I suppose it's possible it wasn't; as I said I've never had this happen before.

#8 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

The problem is change. Change is hard. All the people out there (like myself) who used keys and Paratroopers as a main line of defense will find that 6.43 has no love for such tactics.
So I'd try this technique here, that base there, whoa theres a Sgt. Palmer at the Torture Chamber, (who should at least have a couple inventory slots I'm thinking), new units at the dock that give you a relic if you save them (why it generates in the middle I don't know, should go right in your base, or on your survivor, I almost missed it)
But after failed attempt after failed attempt after failed attempt I was finally able to complete NM/Air/Invis.

http://www.mediafire...rinvis solo.w3g

My point is that if you keep trying you might find 6.43 to be a new challenge. Your not meant to beat it first try.
But maybe for all those people out there who still cling to those old strategies you could make the price of keys change with difficulty. So say on Very Easy they'd cost 2 per key (like 6.42)

but then get progressively more expensive with harder difficulties until you hit Nightmare for 300 per key. Not sure what to do about the Paratroopers but get over it, the Astronomer seems pretty killer when I've used him, and he summons a unit as well.
I would like to see the Alchemist Hero get some sort of spell besides just Entangle, I've been rather successful at smaller bases using the Alchemist hero; that is until Stealer spawns. Maybe some sort of Bloodlust spell that increases attack damage and speed? That way some lusted Snipers could finish off Stealer in those smaller bases (I always come so close but then I have 3 bosses knocking on my door, and by the time it's back to just Stealer he's back at 3/4 HP). I don't know, just kicking ideas around here. Just seems unfair is all that all the other Heros have a full set of spells and the Alchemist only gets 1 + transmute.
I would also like to see Lvl 6 factories produce when you put 8 lvl 5 mills around a factory, instead of building big ones and upgrading them to lvl 4. It just seems more effecient to keep making tiny lvl 5's after the 3 lvl 7's than to build big mills around a factory and wait for them to upgrade. I know thats how you make a lvl 7 but after the 3 are built shouldn't they just go to lvl 6's then? Or maybe make it so i could put 8 tiny lvl 4's around a factory and it turns into a lvl 6? Or maybe I'm just doomed to keep making lvl 5's after the 3 lvl 7s
As for the lag I had troubles with that as well, until I set my resolution to 1600x900x16, (from 1600x900x32) and then to change the texture settings to low is sure to help, I can keep my texture to high on 16 bit with no lag but I set  everything else to low. The lag is a definate problem, but I had these troubles with 6.42 and since I played with my graphics settings it is much better.
There still is Gold Mine bug and timed life, was hoping those got fixed (seems bosses spells seem to stop the Gold Mine, (Voorthal I think) and timed life happens when you switch builder menus at just the right time (when mobs spawn?)

I think 6.43 is great extra armor upgrades are waaaaaaayyyyyy better than using keys. Can't wait for official release.

Edited by SoulSurvivor, 05 March 2014 - 10:12 PM.

#9 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

The problem is change. Change is hard. All the people out there (like myself) who used keys and Paratroopers as a main line of defense will find that 6.43 has no love for such tactics.
So I'd try this technique here, that base there, whoa theres a Sgt. Palmer at the Torture Chamber, (who should at least have a couple inventory slots I'm thinking), new units at the dock that give you a relic if you save them (why it generates in the middle I don't know, should go right in your base, or on your survivor, I almost missed it)
But after failed attempt after failed attempt after failed attempt I was finally able to complete NM/Air/Invis.

http://www.mediafire...rinvis solo.w3g

My point is that if you keep trying you might find 6.43 to be a new challenge. Your not meant to beat it first try.
But maybe for all those people out there who still cling to those old strategies you could make the price of keys change with difficulty. So say on Very Easy they'd cost 2 per key (like 6.42)

but then get progressively more expensive with harder difficulties until you hit Nightmare for 300 per key. Not sure what to do about the Paratroopers but get over it, the Astronomer seems pretty killer when I've used him, and he summons a unit as well.
I would like to see the Alchemist Hero get some sort of spell besides just Entangle, I've been rather successful at smaller bases using the Alchemist hero; that is until Stealer spawns. Maybe some sort of Bloodlust spell that increases attack damage and speed? That way some lusted Snipers could finish off Stealer in those smaller bases (I always come so close but then I have 3 bosses knocking on my door, and by the time it's back to just Stealer he's back at 3/4 HP). I don't know, just kicking ideas around here. Just seems unfair is all that all the other Heros have a full set of spells and the Alchemist only gets 1 + transmute.
I would also like to see Lvl 6 factories produce when you put 8 lvl 5 mills around a factory, instead of building big ones and upgrading them to lvl 4. It just seems more effecient to keep making tiny lvl 5's after the 3 lvl 7's than to build big mills around a factory and wait for them to upgrade. I know thats how you make a lvl 7 but after the 3 are built shouldn't they just go to lvl 6's then? Or maybe make it so i could put 8 tiny lvl 4's around a factory and it turns into a lvl 6? Or maybe I'm just doomed to keep making lvl 5's after the 3 lvl 7s
As for the lag I had troubles with that as well, until I set my resolution to 1600x900x16, (from 1600x900x32) and then to change the texture settings to low is sure to help, I can keep my texture to high on 16 bit with no lag but I set  everything else to low. The lag is a definate problem, but I had these troubles with 6.42 and since I played with my graphics settings it is much better.
There still is Gold Mine bug and timed life, was hoping those got fixed (seems bosses spells seem to stop the Gold Mine, (Voorthal I think) and timed life happens when you switch builder menus at just the right time (when mobs spawn?)

I think 6.43 is great extra armor upgrades are waaaaaaayyyyyy better than using keys. Can't wait for official release.

changing the price of items dynamically is something that is not possible natively (we CAN achieve the effect.. but it is a whole ton of work and i doubt it'd be worth it) 

"I would also like to see Lvl 6 factories produce when you put 8 lvl 5 mills around a factory," that would only shoot yourself in the foot. lvl6 (tiny) takes same room as 4 lvl5(tiny) and only gives just over half the income. trust me the space is worth a lot more than the tiny bonus especially since u can churn out lvl5-s every 10-15 sec or so. lvl6s are only useful if you can't get mini mills (and therefore your powerbuilding of mills is WAY handicapped)

yes: gold mine casts a spell, silence and stun will cancel it.
yes: there is still worker-timed-life bug we are working to resoulve it but it is proving illusive, sorry about that. (in case sb didnt know u can work around it with changing the builder again.. but i hope you dont have to keep doing that for long)

#10 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

I'd rather not quote that whole thing SoulSurvivor, but the Alchemist hero is supposed to be a support hero, who just so happens to be able to fight, the Tinker hero is somewhat similar. Although, personally, I've never had much of a problem with Alchemist killing stuff.

And the transmutes count as abilities. :P

#11 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

Well player still can use a lot of medics and a few trees to support all his walls.

What i really like in 6.43 is that Chaos Type of damage actually start to deal 100% damage instead of hidden lower amount in 6.42 what makes morphed Sniper a great boss killer + 80k damage laser.

Because i can use only 3-4 anti air towers with Sniper as a main Hero . ^ ^ Finished 6.42 but still trying to finish nm air invis in 6.43 with no success. 

Bosses got extra hp and huge armor buff what make 6.43 a lot harder. New weapon art.....  :)

Edited by quiet_silence, 07 March 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#12 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

100% ? not even close..
i think its up from 15% to 35 or 65 or sth..

#13 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

I have no idea where you got this numbers but all what i can say:

There are 2 friendly units on the map that got Hero type of armor 0 and 20 if i'm not wrong. In 6.42 i have seen that an orange lizard with Chaos attack type was need few hits(more then 3) ( on nm mode) to kill dog and a human but in 6.43 that changed to 1-2 hits, so i calculated (monster's damage, armor % resist and hp) that in my mind and came to number ~100%.

Also i have killed a lot all bosses with Sniper hero in 6.42 and when i saw how fast that changed in 6.43 i was shocked. I simply can't agree with "to 35-65%" it is much higher!

#14 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

I have no idea where you got this numbers but all what i can say:

There are 2 friendly units on the map that got Hero type of armor 0 and 20 if i'm not wrong. In 6.42 i have seen that an orange lizard with Chaos attack type was need few hits(more then 3) ( on nm mode) to kill dog and a human but in 6.43 that changed to 1-2 hits, so i calculated (monster's damage, armor % resist and hp) that in my mind and came to number ~100%.

Also i have killed a lot all bosses with Sniper hero in 6.42 and when i saw how fast that changed in 6.43 i was shocked. I simply can't agree with "to 35-65%" it is much higher!

The two units you are referring to, Boberto and Mr. Shinkel, have a special type of armor, Divine. Divine armor takes reduced damage from all sources, however chaos damage is one of the most effective ways to kill it. 

In 6.42, chaos damage would only deal 15% damage to a unit with divine armor. In 6.43, this was changed so that it would deal 35% damage to units with divine armor. 

So, chaos damage did get a small buff, but it doesn't help players any because there are no creeps or bosses with divine armor.

#15 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

So you want to say that all bosses have only "Heroic Armor" type? And chaos damage deal 100% damage to them in 6.42 and in 6.43? or as it was mentioned it got a buff from 15 to 35 65?

Hmm then i think i have to use new hero as soon as i could reach that rang.

#16 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

anti divine: 5% usually, 15% chaos now chaos got a little (big ) buff . with the idea that if there are some units with divine armor it would be worthwhile to get damage type chaos as counter.

#17 quiet_silence

quiet_silence

Private 2

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Also if Assassin's tower with Hero type of damage deal 160% dmg to all bosses with hero armor will Heroes with same Hero type of damage deal 160% too?

#18 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

So you want to say that all bosses have only "Heroic Armor" type? And chaos damage deal 100% damage to them in 6.42 and in 6.43? or as it was mentioned it got a buff from 15 to 35 65?

Hmm then i think i have to use new hero as soon as i could reach that rang.

Most of the bosses have Heroic Armor. Chaos damage deals the same amount to them as it did in 6.42. Mr. Shinkel and Boberto are the only units that are currently taking an increased amount of damage from chaos in 6.43.

Also if Assassin's tower with Hero type of damage deal 160% dmg to all bosses with hero armor will Heroes with same Hero type of damage deal 160% too?

Heroes that deal Heroic damage deal less damage to creeps, but extra damage to most bosses. However, attack/armor type isn't everything, because a shadow sniper will easily put out more damage than the astronomer or the alchemist, even if they are a little stronger than the sniper.