Photo

Ultimate Challenge Eternia Solo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

First off I'd like to say that I think Fortress Survival is the best war 3 map ever!

I find it addictive since its so challenging (expecially solo) so you can't just master it in a few tries...

I did finally best Eternia, and after viewing some replays that are posted here was suprised to see that they all started with the stone..?

I'd like to share how I finally achieved such a Nightmareish defeat without first having the stone.

The link:

http://www.mediafire...nia Defeat!.w3g

I've also been experimenting with adding computer players to the game while playing solo, they die soon after the mobs spawn.

Then research the Soul Gem ability and go collect thier souls, bring them back to your base and bring them back to life.

Holy mobs Batman, i can end the match with almost 2000 kills (with the elemental stone it gives you huge boost in stats).

I'd like to see some replays of you Fortress Survival greats out there trying to fend off the massive mobs that spawn from doing such a thing.

P.S. the -exile grey command doesn't work, must be -exile gray

#2 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

There are a lot of strategies that make killing Eternia solo quite easy with or without elemental stone as all you really need is cursed larcenies and maybe 200-300 tomes. But congratulations on your first kill solo

#3 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yeah gray is used instead of grey.

Personally, I've beaten Eternia with Alchemist, stone, 5 cursed larcenies, and about 140 tomes by the end, all solo (or by the time it would have mattered).

Nice job in any case. :P

Edit: I would be interested to see how you would do in 6.43, as it is pretty different.

#4 SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Well 6.42 I discovered a way to make it more challenging by adding extra computer players to increase mobs...

I somehow found a 643 Beta yesterday (I suffer from lack of internets, normally speaking) and whoa.. I need like 3 Command Centers now..

And yeah..  Need a little more practice as the key strategy for Stealer doesn't quite do it anymore....

At least the mobs don't hit through the fences at Bot Left anymore =]

#5 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, 6.43 does take some getting used to, but that's a large amount of the fun right there. If doing the same thing works just as well for multiple different versions, it really becomes kind of boring (suppose you could switch it up yourself) or makes it seem like that the game isn't changing very much.

As for the computers, I could see why that would work, but with Elemental Stone, you get so many extra stats from kills, not to mention the early lumber, that it probably just balances itself out.

And multiple Command Centers are needed, I'd say at least two. :P

#6 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Well good job

Well 6.42 I discovered a way to make it more challenging by adding extra computer players to increase mobs...

There are other ways to make it more challenging. You could try without grabbing an alchemist at the start and/or without loading code.