Photo

Hacker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SoiSoi

SoiSoi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

Not sure if anyone has encountered a problem where a player (in my case, Rancidmustard) has hacked the game and stolen units from other players.  Not sure how that is, but if you see this player, kick him immediately.

#2 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Would be nice to see a replay

#3 SoiSoi

SoiSoi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Nevermind, I see what the problem is now.  I claimed Security Room, unclaimed it after I got the units.  Rancidmustard comes in (Blue), claims the base, and takes my units.  If that's fair-game, then okay, but still, does kinda suck.   :wacko:

Attached Files

#4 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

if you claim a base you should BASE there.

we have even thought about different ways of anchoring units to a base just so ppl dont steal em.

the units kind of belong to the base.. they are part of it. if you build there you are entitled to all the units also.

also.. hacking the map is impossible to stop.. as long as u know JASS u can do anything you want. ANYtHING. and nobody can do shit about it.

• MrMo likes this

#5 WselfWulf

WselfWulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

It's not hacking, it's simply editing.

In the case of warcraft 3 custom maps , since they aren't licenced to the creator but to Blizzard who stated in the terms and conditions that they own the map and that anybody who also agreed to these conditions can edit them... This is vaguely saying that protection was never intended nor allowed.

Hacking in warcraft would be more of a "real time" thing such as spoofing, packetforcing, packetspamming, injecting, mixtapes, ...

The point is you can't really do something about it besides making the system more complicated which would lead to more ways to get around the protections in a long term run.

#6 Tryndart

Tryndart

Private

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

I already saw thousands of FS hackers brah, you can't stop the unstoppable.

#7 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

i see a lot of people here who have no idea what "hacking" even means..

and also a lot of people who have 0 idea of the defensibility of warcrafty maps..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users