Photo

Creeps/Bosses Glitch Inside Base

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Yumi

Yumi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

At Summer Cottage, when the Radioactive Worm dies right infront of your walls, the smaller worms spawning when it dies can sometimes glitch into your base. Happened to me and I was like. "What the hell?" (Sadly didn't took a screen of it. Gonna do it next time haha.)

#2 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

This isn't even a glitch. I suspect that you didn't have enough damage and  there were lots of other creatures and possibly bosses in front of your walls blocking the worm boss in and when you killed it the worms spawned in your base because they had no where else to go. It's not a glitch.. simply WC3 AI

#3 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

• repost...
  • issue not caused by worms but warcraft simplified pathing algorithms.
  • has years of analisys a bout it .. we may do stuff to make the glitch less likely but ultimately it can't have a fix.

#4 Zer0o

Zer0o

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

There are actually ways to fix this problem, e.g. using a knockback system which 'pushes' every unit owned by brown back in a specific direction once the main worm dies (preferably in the direction opposite of the walls). Another fix would be increasing the collision size of the worm while decreasing the collision size of the smaller ones. To prevent the smaller worms to be imba as a result of the reduced size you could reduce the amount of worms which are spawned while maybe increasing their combat efficiency.

Another thing I could come up with is preventing the worms to be able to spawn inside bases aka using the base regions to teleport any spawned worms to a location outside of the base, this would only solve as a temporary solution though since I can imagine either to not work for every base + would take quite a while to test since pretty much every base needs to be tested.

I suppose its not really worth the effort but just wanted to throw some ideas out there; the glitch is definitely not impossible to fix, you just need to find a way to work around it  :P

• Nevo likes this

#5 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

increasing the big worms size could be the best option.

the tiny worms are REALLY tyny tho and we cant amke them bigger.. because we need a lot of them to fit near the walls.. and not just have 3 worms attacking and the rest backed up. the ability to swarm on a wall is what makes them hard.

#6 Luzbola

Luzbola

Private

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

I found just 1 way to prevent worm's spawn inside base: don't leave any space inside in a large area: walls, repair bots/units, towers, etc... If u pay attention (most to repair units) this issue can be solved easily.

Of course i have a bigger problem: i CAN'T survive him but at least his sons doesn't came inside till my walls fall xD

For example (was done with cheats in a single player, may there's no chance to do all of this):

Attached File  Towers.JPG   129.61KB   0 downloads

#7 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

The way you stop the Mini worms from spawning inside your base is by having enough dps to kill the other mobs and or bosses before you kill the worm. If you only have a few mobs alive not including the worm when it dies the mini worms will not spawn in your base.

Luzbola you don't need gravity disruptor towers where you have them because Assassin towers would still be in range of units in front of your walls. Also, I would be surprised if that armor aura statue was in range of all your walls

#8 Luzbola

Luzbola

Private

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Uhm, i didn't try to put more assasins towers there... Ty for advise xD

And yep, guardian statue lvl 2 (or 3, i don't remember xD) give armor to all of them. Heroic statue wasnt in range of all towers but was just for test xD

#9 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

This is because the creeps blocked room for it to spawn so it spawned in the next best place where room was available... unfortunately that just so happened to be inside your base. The best way to prevent this is to have other buildings or units block that space close to your wall and that will prevent bosses like Pheng and Worms reviving within.

#10 ShootingStars

ShootingStars

Private 2

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

I thought najort spawning in bases has been fixed long ago?

Worst luck :/

Attached File  wat.w3g   420.64KB   2 downloads

• Nevo likes this

#11 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

The reason why he spawned inside your base was because you were basing where there was a ramp and a small opening and the creeps moved in as soon as Trojan was Killed so Najort spawned in the next best place that was available for him to spawn in... The best way to counter this is to not have room in your base close to your wall otherwise Bosses that respawn can be blocked by Creeps. This is not a bug and this has been reported several times.

• ShootingStars likes this

#12 everk123

everk123

Private 2

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:22 AM

HELLO EVERYONE WHO CAN see this my post :D

is this bug or glitch?? 

Attached File  pheng is hitting my wall.png   1.55MB   0 downloads 1st picture 

Attached File  pheng is now in my base and destroyed thing.png   1.36MB   0 downloads 2nd picture

replay:
Attached File  BUG .w3g   215.56KB   1 downloads

i didnt finish because im bored xD

• Nevo likes this

#13 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

The reason Pheng spawned in your Base instead of outside was because the closest spot open for him was inside your base where you were building Lumber Mills.

If all the creeps/bosses did not pile up above your entrance, he would have spawned there.

#14 everk123

everk123

Private 2

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

ohhh okk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users