Lvl Problems

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hey friends,

So I recently got a new computer and I cleared my old one of everything and with out thinking I forgot to save the files from my character. I was lvl 29 and I worked really hard to get to that level also with the bat wings and I'm pretty bummed and I don't want to level again. So is there anything we can do?

Thanks buds, and keep up the good work!

Edited by Ozzy, 11 January 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#2 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

This is probably a long-shot, but if you can somehow get in contact with someone you played with when you were around rank 29 and you saved in that game, they would have the code, assuming they didn't delete in FS codes folder and out of recycle bin (still technically possible to get it if they did that, but doubt anyone would want to do that on a whim).

Other than that, I'm not sure much can be done.

#3 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

What dwarf said and is ozzy_the_fade the name of 29 ranked account

#4 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

What dwarf said and is ozzy_the_fade the name of 29 ranked account

Yep 'Ozzy_The_Fade' Thanks and please help bud :D

#5 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

This is probably a long-shot, but if you can somehow get in contact with someone you played with when you were around rank 29 and you saved in that game, they would have the code, assuming they didn't delete in FS codes folder and out of recycle bin (still technically possible to get it if they did that, but doubt anyone would want to do that on a whim).

Other than that, I'm not sure much can be done.

I couldn't find anyone... there has to be someway?

#6 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

I really don't think anything else besides that can be done; you said you cleared you older computer of everything, including that so that isn't a possibly solution; remembering and contacting someone would be a massive pain, but might be only way to get your code. No one else besides those in the games you're in ever sees the codes you load and save.

#7 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

I really don't think anything else besides that can be done; you said you cleared you older computer of everything, including that so that isn't a possibly solution; remembering and contacting someone would be a massive pain, but might be only way to get your code. No one else besides those in the games you're in ever sees the codes you load and save.

Is there no dev that can like spawn a code for me? Or something because I really don't want to level that again..

#8 SoiSoi

SoiSoi

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

The code is generated automatically based on the person's past saves, particularly in the specific game/time/place you saved.  If you lose that, then unfortunately, you must start from the beginning.  There would be no way to magically spawn a code specifically designed for a game you have played when, most likely, none of the developers/clan members were with you in your last saved game.  Sorry, wish more could be done!

#9 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

OK...Thanks anyways. Keep up the good work dev team. 

#10 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

If a dev joined my game could they do anything like edit my file?

#11 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

If a dev joined my game could they do anything like edit my file?

I doubt it, and even if they could, I don't think it's likely that they would. I'm not saying your story is unbelievable, but others might not believe it/want to give a handout like this [as people will probably find out about it and try the same].

#12 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I doubt it, and even if they could, I don't think it's likely that they would. I'm not saying your story is unbelievable, but others might not believe it/want to give a handout like this [as people will probably find out about it and try the same].

What about this guy? http://fortress-surv...lost-save-code/  

thanks

#13 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Well, in that case, ample proof was found so that he could get his code. Some people in the game he was in when this happened were able to back him claim up.

I haven't seen anyone back up your claim here; like I said before, they probably don't want to give handouts (Baby Michael had enough proof to give them reason to).

#14 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

I've played a lot of games and never played with this guy before so I'm not sure

#15 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

I've played a lot of games and never played with this guy before so I'm not sure

Oh :P It might  because I host me own FS games using www.makemehost.com (Warcraft 3 Hosting) and a few people come. Does anyone know KhelBen or Grunt2? I play with them a lot and I know Khelben knows I lost my save

#16 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

I've hosted 1000s of games on Makemehost and I usually pull it up even when I'm not hosting to see who's playing games in case I decide I want too. With that being said I still haven't seen your name come up on MMH or played a game with you. If you play with khelben and grunt2 I have good news. Those guys are on quite a bit and if you play with them a lot like you say your Save code will be in their Warcraft 3 fortress codes folder. Next time they are on ask them to get one of your codes for you. Problem solved

#17 sHs(Fattony)

sHs(Fattony)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

Grunt2 is a member in My Clan.

If u come online on Europe realm u could talk to him and maybe he still got ur code.

#18 Ozzy

Ozzy

Private 2

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Ok will do, hopefully one of them have it  :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users