Photo

Alchemist unit

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Alchemist unit (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Merc alchemist roots

1. Remove it. (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. It's fine. Leave it the way it is. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. It should be a toggled ability. (11 votes [84.62%])

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mota

Mota

Private 2

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

In 6.43 can we get a change to the root skill from alchemist unit from merc tent/ claim ? When he is atacking he auto-drains his mana if his skill proc = more mana pots to buy ._.  cant we get like an autocast on/off ?:S I always have to make him not atack._.

#2 strikerfreeZ

strikerfreeZ

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

FYI, Alchemist's root is like a passive skill that drains mana in a sense and yes i would love to be able to turn the root ability off in some way or another because it is super annoying when it goes ahead and attack creeps or bosses and when i realise that my alchemist is attacking, most of his mana is gone :(

#3 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

added topic poll.

if there is enought* votes for remove it then i will rip it out for next ver.

(toggle would prolly be too much trouble at our schelude unless sb finds a drop in implementation)

* no less than 60% and min 5

#4 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

To be honest, I sort of like the way the ability is, gives you another thing to add to your list of things to pay attention to.

Anyway, its use it much more avoidable in larger bases, where the Alchemist mercenary is used more often than smaller bases, because of mana regeneration.

At the very least, make it a usable ability sort of like the hero's version (I think Alchemist mercenary used to have it like that, but I'm not entirely sure).

(For the moment, I'm opting out of voting, because of my partially split view on this.)

#5 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

It's not really a good ability. And your point of it being something else you can pay attention too isn't a very good one when you consider that people don't have the option to avoid it going off and burning their mana if they are in a small base which makes people have to buy way more mana pots than they should have too

#6 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

This is an ability that depends on the situation. For lumbering in a small base, it's a liability. For a large base, it's inconsequential. 

On the other hand, if you're going to use it intentionally, it can be VERY powerful. 10 alchemists, with a few trees to regenerate their mana, can keep a boss almost permanently rooted in place so that it can't attack or heal. If the last few bosses didn't go immune to magic, I would spam this tactic every game. Whenever I decide to stick around for endless waves, I do use this tactic, and mobs barely get a chance to attack my walls. Combined with the fact that I can also stack rainbow staves on them, they're easily the most powerful unit in the game imo, with the exception of magic immune bosses.

• Waffle(est) likes this

#7 Mota

Mota

Private 2

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

if you cant root bosses with magic immune for me its kinda pointless cause all other ones that dont have magic immune are easy to kill

• Waffle(est) likes this

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

@Krehara thx for pointing out how the ability can be taken advantage of and be really useful (aka its more than just sth that drains ppls mana)

@Mota i agree, most things that are not magic immune die in a second anyway. thus mainly useful for endless waves ( but this chat is full of ppl with elem stones -> endless is still useful! :) )

#9 Mota

Mota

Private 2

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

endless waves can be dealt with in time. the begineing of the game has a huge impact on end game. if u need to spam buying mana pots early on it affects your income like insted of upgrading 6 lv1 mills or 3 lv2 mills.

having good start game will result you having alot more income and you beeing able to buy 999 staffs which actually KILL endless waves. root ability doesnt kill endless waves. root only delays the destruction of your walls which is inevitable if you got low wall armor and hp( because of low income )

Edited by Mota, 13 December 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#10 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:59 AM

well... you make a valid point. but in endless (6.42 at least NM) creeps 2-hit your walls anyway. no amout of wall armor can save you but delaying the next strike and giving walls time to heal can be VERY powerful indeed!

(ps i think we should buff alchemists HP if its gonna be used as combat.. not to mention its a pain when some rogue range nukes it in 1 hit.) 

#11 Mota

Mota

Private 2

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

well if this was 6.42 i wouldnt QQ :D cause then i couldve bought 99999999 keys to make my walls invincible and would have said "f**k income,keys will do" XD but for me im mostly struggling in 2-3 wall bases(not to mention there are a few good ones compared to map size but thats another topic,another time :D )  and always i have 50% chance to beat nm air inv :D luck is involved! 

So in 6.43 its pretty useless cause its better to fancy more wall armor than less wall armor and alot of alchemist with staffs and larency ( that is IF u got good wood income XD  and buying for 10 alches is alot of wood ^^ )

#12 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

Best thing to is to be able to toggle it on and off since it actually has tactical advantage but can be bad when it drains needed mana early on

#13 Mota

Mota

Private 2

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

cmon ppl land in more votes :3 there has to be more than 7 ppl on this forum :D

#14 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

cmon ppl land in more votes :3 there has to be more than 7 ppl on this forum :D

Depends if your talking about active forumers (which is now a word, thanks dictionary) or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users