Photo

Custom hero or not I have serious skills

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

To all the haters. Enjoy the following replay with this exception of 1 small mistake this replay was almost flawless ( Nm air invis 6.43 beta custom hero solo )

Attached Files

#2 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

Btw repair rate doesn't affect powerbuild, so don't bother using upgraded repair units.

#3 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

I've heard that it does. I would need some confirmation on that from other sources... In fact I'm pretty sure that it's already been confirmed that engineers do powerbuild mills quicker than repair factories

#4 englocked

englocked

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well it's fairly easy to test yourself

#5 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's been tested in the guide ' Give me wood noob ' which confirms that the effectiveness of uprgaded repair mechanics transfers to power building

#6 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I've wondered about this myself, and when I tested a single Mythical Technician vs a single Repair Factory, they seemed to take the same amount of time (roughly 22 seconds) to build. If there is a difference in building speeds, it's so minor that it isn't really noticeable. In my opinion, repair factories are superior for power-building simply because of their increased range. They can also set up faster (since they can reach across each other and gaps) to help build the rest of the build. Furthermore, there is no downtime with factories, the way there is with engineers while they are upgrading. 

For a more extensive (and probably more accurate) test, you can read Erdam's post here, http://fortress-surv...ood-noob/page-2. I looked for other tests concerning this topic, but he seems to be the only one who has actually tested and posted his findings. 

I believe that the reason you beat so many people when it comes to lumbering is because of how finely tuned your skills/strategy are and how little time it takes for you to set up your lumber area, not because you use engineers instead of factories. 

#7 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

That very well could be the case however when I asked waffel about it directly he stated that upgraded repair mechanics have ' Slight ' speed advantage and because my formation is so tiny and because it takes me so little time to get them upgraded to  engineers, so  I don't give up much for a small speed advantage which I'm sure adds up after making a lot of LMs

#8 Zer0o

Zer0o

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

Englocked is right, repair units of any level and repair factories affect powerbuilding the same way (Im pretty sure that this will be changed in future versions though). So basically any repair unit and the repair factory decrease the construction time equally. The only difference between the different buildings is just the repair efficiency and the range (50 for bots and the survivor, 70 for repair units and 115 for factories if anyone happens to be interested)

#9 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

powerbuild rate and repair rate are NOT connected however in the next version there IS a small difference in favor of mechanics of higher tier.

#10 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

When you say next version are you referring to official 6.43? Also I did test it and as waffle said I noticed no speed difference for mechanics unfortunately so I will be going back to repair factories until this is change is made

#11 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

atm only some rly hight speed mechanics have a buff over factories (and lvl1 mech at disadvantage).

might make it more smooth for official release..

#12 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Oh well. Ive played a few games with repair factories for powermilling and I lumber just as fast and a little faster because I don't have to have my production slowed by having to wait for mechs to upgrade. Either way I'm not really concerned about it, if in future versions I can get a small speed increase by using engineers I'll be more than happy to convert back