Photo

Light scouts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

I'm not sure if anyone else uses light scouts as their primary method of detecting invisible units ( Not including spiked walls to kill off invis ) But it's pretty annoying that they only have 300 HP or is it 100 HP? I know they only cost 1 lumber but because they only have 300 health points they die quickly to air and at that point your merc tent is upgraded and you cant go back to buy a light scout so you have no way to detect invis unless you build a sentry posts ruins the rhythm of your game. It would really helpful if there was a tab section on the merc tent that would allow you to go back to previous tiers if it was upgraded so you could buy light scouts for invis detection or put sentry wards as a item that you can buy from the vendor with timed life for invis detection. This is a small issue but I play in a small base where I don't have room to make a sentry post until after I have 3 level 7s

#2 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm pretty sure they have 100 HP, and my scouts always die to Snowman of Rage, but I usually have a sentry post up around then.

Maybe add invisible detection to towers (as a purchasable ability) and buff paratroopers from upgraded sentry post in some way?

#3 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

Don't know how your light scout even survives that long. Mine always die to air before any of the invisible bosses even come out. But I guess I can just get tier 2 or 3 of thorns and that will kill invisible because by the time an invisible boss comes out I have 3 level 7s anyways

#4 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Well at least in 6.42, I have alchemist/buildings (I know that's not a good idea) tank the damage/get in the way of air so they don't get to my scout. Doubt Alch can really take the hits from air with the changes in 6.43 though.

#5 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

I have buildings, my hero and marines out that could possibly take the damage but what happens is, air flys in and because they are alive for sometimes 15-20 seconds they target my scout and killed it in 1 hit. I really wish you could buy sentry wards from vendor because then you wouldn't need light scouts to begin with and you would only need to use them when invisible is beating on your walls but.. Spiked walls get any non invisible bosses easily so I guess it would be a pointless addition

#6 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, especially with spiked defences only costing like 5 lumber, it isn't much of a big deal at this point.

#7 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

I feel like invisible units need a buff or something because if you are half decent and know what you're doing Invis being on actually makes the game easier..

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

added wards to shop.

#9 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Really? cool. Well I hope it didn't take very long to do because as we discussed they aren't going to of much use unless invisible units are buffed in future versions in which case they would have a use. Needless to say I will be using them regardless. I see myself getting a light scout and then moving to wards once it dies

#10 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

adding took all of 5 seconds..

starting up WE took 5 minutes :P

hitting "save" took half an hour..

• oufo likes this

#11 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Well sentry wards have already saved my life. I was playing a few games ago on nightmare air and invis and my light scout died really early to range despite being in a spot where it normally lives and I saw that my walls were close to dying so I thought that my repairs weren't repairing but they were so I looked and saw my light scout was dead ( At this point I would not have been able to get a new light scout because I had already upgraded my mercenary tent for medium marines and my walls probably would have died before spikes would have killed them all ) But I bought sentry wards, placed one and luckily I survived = )

• Waffle(est) likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users