Photo

Chaos mode ( new mode suggestion )

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

I've been trying to think of a new mode that could be implemented without killing the devs in developer time and may have thought of something that's a achieveable in a reasonable amount of time for a future new version. Chaos mode when enabled eradicates all fortress defenders leaving you and the other survivors to defend the fortress on your own. The game would also start 2 minutes quicker than it normally does and team upgrades would be unable to be purchased Below post is updated

#2 Baby Michael

Baby Michael

The Lonely Librarian

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Oh my, that sounds quite interesting.  

It wouldn't be that hard to do, it's just what should be the achievement? Are mobs stronger?

If people have some more opinions on this it would be great to hear.

#3 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

well..
i got no idea if its any good but its pretty cheap thing to do so i might just write sth up next weekend...

#4 SAO

SAO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

i think insanity would be a better name than chaos

#5 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Mobs aren't stronger with Insanity mode or whatever we decide to name it enabled it's just a different mode by the game starting quicker and no fortress defenders people are going to get more pressure early which will make it harder already. As for the achievement... This would be an opportunity to think of another item possibly for beating on Night air invis and insanity enabled ( maybe a trojans roar with a 60 second cooldown or something ) - Insert more suggestions here

#6 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

I've been trying to think of a new mode that could be implemented without killing the devs in developer time and may have thought of something that's a achieveable in a reasonable amount of time for a future new version. Chaos mode when enabled eradicates all fortress defenders leaving you and the other survivors to defend the fortress on your own, with the pressence of the fortress defenders gone the remaining survivors begin to quickly lose hope and turn on each other making team upgrades unable to be purchased. With fortress defenders gone the Fortress is invaded earlier making the game start approx 2 minutes quicker. The strong sense of brotherhood once shared by the remaining survivors is gone destroying the link between them and disabling vision of other players bases. The only way to gain access to vision of another players bases is to -share. With a vast army of creatures and bosses lurking in the dark the only way to separate friend from foe is to bunker down and defend the fortress like never before in an all new challenge. ( Be warned I got really nerdy for this because I wanted it to sound more dramatic #Rat-is-back )

#7 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

#WedontneedhashtagsontheFSforumskeepitontwitter

#8 sHs(Fattony)

sHs(Fattony)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

Well i agree with Rat, new mode should be made since the old ones are getting more and more boring to be honest. Maybe the creeps should stay the way they are with hp and dp or maybe make em stronger i dono but it sounds like a nice idea.

Btw the idea of removing the team uppgrades for ALL players is good but maybe change team uppgrades so when u buy it only YOURSELF gets the uppgrade.

PS: When will new fs be relesed?

#9 Baby Michael

Baby Michael

The Lonely Librarian

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

The release is.. on its way.

#10 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Fattony had a interesting idea about making it so that people have to buy TEAM upgrades individually. I feel like a lot of people take team upgrades for granted because I know I always most almost every team upgrade every game but that would change when people see their repair mechanics and bots dying constantly and realize they never bought mecha up

#11 sHs(Fattony)

sHs(Fattony)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Yeah agree with rat, always when i play some dudes almost every time tells some1 else to uppgrade the team uppgrades......egos.

Making it individuall sounds better.

#12 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Maybe give people a sluj tower in their code for beating NM air invis/chaos. It wouldn't affect people who already have full inventory slots when game starts and a lot of people were never able to get them from the event.

#13 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

Further additions to chaos  mode could include the following: Lumber for kills is not awarded, and the upgrade 2nd chance is not available to be purchased.    Please feel free to make suggestions so that if a new mode is added it can be as epic as possible

#14 TheDwarfLard

TheDwarfLard

Praise the Sun!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Perhaps cut back the wall health and armor upgrades, along the tower AS. I think the last tiers of wall armor with defence aura and an armor item gives like 88%+ damage reduction; having it lower would make it more difficult.

#15 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

More ideas

#16 HellfireJimson

HellfireJimson

Private 2

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

im with tony with the idea of changing team upgrades to individuals, and rats idea of the no fortress defenders idea and reduced preperation time both sound pretty challenging. All i got to add is maybe introduce some new bosses, or perhaps give existing bosses more annoying abilties etc, also i think mobs should be increased in numbers alot more than nightmare, and also increase in difficulty alot earlier on ingame.

#17 Ve1ro

Ve1ro

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

this is a great idea.
when ppl figure out a way to get past the beginning it will be "boring" all over again. honestly i've forgotten to get team upgrades and won anyay so i dont know how much of a challenge that can be. perhaps begin the endless mobs 5 mins before trojan arrives? Not good with that stuff idk how hard it can be to change eternia arrival for just that mode

#18 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

there are many ways to win a game. if you can afford everything then honestly theres sth wrong..

the WHOLE POINT of having stuff cost is that u need choose and pick.

tho team upgrades are very powerful it's quite ok that the game can be won without them imo.

#19 bear_369

bear_369

Private 2

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Fortress defenders leaves the fortress, The game start in 2 mins, and Unable to upgrade team research. Now that's epic thing I ever heard before. It's feels me when someone trying to survive using Nightmare, Air, Invis, and Chaos mode which means they had a hard time to survive. and my weakness is Fire Destroyer will kill my lesser level repair bots easily without Mecha-Up in Team Upgrades. I hope someone will finish this game with chaos mode.  :D

Edited by bear_369, 24 December 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#20 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

hmm.. well actually game time is just some number kept in a variable. so it would be super easy to speed up the pace of the game a little..

might just do that for some modes (time is super valuable so say stealing a minute or 2 on NM mode will really turn on the pressure for sure! and also would make the game pace faster (some ppl can idle even on NM for some time.. i know its hard to believe..))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users