DeSync during load

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Fram

Fram

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

Everytime i try to join a Fortress Survival game on a hostbot, i assume i get kicked during loading because as soon as loading finishes the bar says "waiting for other players" for a split second just before going to "end game" score screen. I've played on different hostbots, AND i have played with an admit putting me on the !hold list once and that solved the problem. My ping is steady at 30-40ms and this is the only game i experience this problem with. Any help?

#2 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

I presume your computer is "fine" and doesn't take too long to load (bearing in mind it's processor speed mostly rather than connection speed)? i've seen a few take ~90 seconds to load.

It's the only reason i can think of and would surprise me if it was the answer as i've seen very long loads on other games.

But you desynch on ALL hostbots? (makemehost/Clanfs1/SHS(not sure about the acc name of that one))

Can i suggest you try a new account name as well? I find it unlikely but the answer may be along those lines also.

Edited by Bigheaded, 18 August 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#3 Fram

Fram

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yes it only takes me about 40-45 seconds to load. My computer isn't old. 2009 model. And yes I desync on makemehost (even when i !hold myself) shs (or shs3 whichever realm) and clan fs1. I've never had this problem with any other game and it looks to me like I'm just going to have to play it solo. I also have switched account names to no avail. I'm at a complete loss as to how to troubleshoot this. I've tried everything I can think of.

Edited by Fram, 18 August 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#4 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

note: ram influences loading times a LOT more than CPU speed.

(since you said u got a new PC i think it has plenty of ALL the resources needed to play the game, more @ Bigheaded)

this issue only happens on the FS map?

this issue only happens on the latest version? or can you play some really old maps maybe?

#5 Fram

Fram

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

I know for sure 6.41 and 6.40 cause me to desync. I'll test other versions. And yes it's only FS that does this to me. I have 4gb of RAM so that's not a problem.

And i tried playing on a different computer but i also got desynced. The only problem i can think of would be my internet but my ping is between 30-40 ms at all times. So i have no idea what the problem could be.

Edited by Fram, 18 August 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#6 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Defo give older versions a try, makemehost has various older ones available. Reason i suggest this is that currently fortress survival saves to your hard drive.

Can you play the most recent version offline? that would also be interesting to note and hopefully step towards an answer.

#7 Fram

Fram

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yes I told you on the other topic. I can pay single player or when I host my own FS game through bnet. Hosting through bnet is the only way I can save.

#8 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

This may sound odd, but if you're connected to the internet using a router and a d-link, try removing the d-link from the equation and see what happens. It's kind of a shot in the dark, but I once knew someone who had a similar issue and this fixed it.

#9 Fram

Fram

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

I have an ethernet cable running from my router to the computer. What is a d-link?

#10 Krehara

Krehara

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

If you have a d-link, you should see one cable feeding into it, then another coming from it going to the router. In order to remove it from the equation, take the cable feeding into the d-link and put it straight into the router. 

#11 Fram

Fram

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

No, the data cable comes straight from outside and connects to the router.

#12 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

can you play ANCIENT versions of this map?

to which point can you play them?

those are the two MOST important questions for solving this thing atm so i suggest u concentrate on that..

#13 Fram

Fram

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

I will begin testing. As for your other question waffle, i can host on bnet from my computer, because i can't disconnect from myself, but whenever i play the game on bots and such i disconnect.

OK i can play up to 6.30, after that, 6.40 and 6.41, i disconnect while loading. There's your information.

#14 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

thats very interesting..

saving to hdd was in as early as 6.00 so that cant be to blame..

we did change a huge ton of things for 6.40 tho... will be a pain to debug :'(

#15 Fram

Fram

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

There has to be some reason why it only happens to me though.

#16 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

there is bout 4 vJASS libraries that got added that ver
+ the editor we used got upgraded..

+ some regular changes

+ Object merger is now invoked.. 

+ I don't even know all the things that changed..

so its just gonna be a real headache to figure out...

OH and the way we protect maps could affect it also...

• Nevo and ImChillYeee like this

#17 Fram

Fram

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

How should we go about testing to see what the problem is?

#18 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Add me on skype..

this thing will be very painful over a forum thread..

#19 Fram

Fram

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Waffle If you'll just message me back we can get this process started.

#20 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

there's simply no way i will do it on a forum..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users