Photo

Useless Mercenary Shop Units

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but their are many units that are not worth buying or wasting lumber on, maybe if your in very easy mode?  I think the only units worth buying are the marines, wizards, and maybe sniper.  Can any of these units be buffed or... even if you maxed out Lt. Hello, he's gotta be close and towards the last stages all your units get wacked in 1 or 2 hits.  I wanted to have fun with the poison guys (cant remember the name) but they dont get strong by upgrading, they just have set damage....  Maybe make or edit that unit so he can be buffed with upgrades. 

=================================================

What about adding more upgrades to units (if possible), instead of the standard: armor, atk dmg... increasing range? add elemental atk dmg?  Create a unit that has vamp aura, maybe add that to the commander?  Please feel free to criticize or tell me this has been posted 3000 times...

#2 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Medic has OP heal spells if you got time to use them (the most powerful regen abilities are reserved for walls, these will really save your base)

LT hello has inner fire ability with low cooldown + he can actually tank a lot more than one would expect.

Alch unit is VERY useful for those who don't have access to transmute-capable hero

also on lvl1 merc camp there was some cheap swordman unit that was OP against early air and only cost 1w or sth. (can save your workers tiem for more important things.. like massing more lumber mills :P)

Well i didn't exactly find many new useful units..

i guess thats because often these are tanks or regular damagers (and you won't make low quality stuff if you got a food limit that is so expensive to raise, rep bots tons more useful than most other units..)

oh and Firebats (and hello) can be useful with their chaos damage+ firebats cheap. you need to make space for them close to the walls tho. in front of all towers.

• djlonewulf likes this

#3 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

The anti-air units are pretty cheap and VERY strong. I mostly spam em after 40 min.

• djlonewulf likes this

#4 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Oh I forgot about the anti air units, yeah they might come in handy but for the most part, the lvl 2 mercenary shop has no purpose, unless your bored lol

#5 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Oh I forgot about the anti air units, yeah they might come in handy but for the most part, the lvl 2 mercenary shop has no purpose, unless your bored lol

Bodyguards were good at 6.20 if you played units only. because of the high hp rege and 12k hp is decent and they were cheap.

#6 sHs(Spinbad)

sHs(Spinbad)

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

1. I do Nightmare - No Air - No Invis only with units..... No tower no wall.
  2. Ure pic in ur signature SUCKS its a bad car and its to big....
  3. and yes i mean i do units only in Vers. 6.40

#7 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the compliment, keep chuggin... Thank god its only an opinion, to each their own.  I paid for it myself, not my parents.

• Lt_Storm likes this

#8 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

nice, but i think i am better, i do nightmare air and invis only with units and kill eternia also... units only..

#9 sHs(Spinbad)

sHs(Spinbad)

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

i dont think so...

#10 Lt_Storm

Lt_Storm

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Why does it matter who is better in a PvE game.
  • Tyrande.PH and djlonewulf like this

#11 sHs(Spinbad)

sHs(Spinbad)

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

thats not the point .... u cant do it only units in night + inv + air + eternia in 6.40 and i hate liar....

#12 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

sure you can..

anyway if you have enough lumber inc you can get your hero to solo all of the creeps (since stats give armor he can tank anything + kill anything.. all of the successful eternia attempts i've taken part of were essentially I OP lumber some hero so it can go off and solo eternia...)

//i think a replay would solve this definitely tho . hint hint :D

• djlonewulf likes this

#13 sHs(Spinbad)

sHs(Spinbad)

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

anybody know u hack Waffle xD.. But Np u can show me later :)

#14 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

I don't hack.

I have no need to.

Besides i'm 100% lumber most games and have really fine tuned my build.

all you need is make the factory and keep your builder buzy 100% of the time.. (implication: you must do all sorts of little tricks like cast mass transmute before the last mill is ready to realyl be good. and defer placement of mills in order to get your worket to build next mills as soon as possible ..)

oh and u need a mass-transmute hero.

(i use regular alchemist for that , with lvl 30 u got so op mana regen u could build them one-by-one if you really wanted to :P)

EDIT: btw this is getting off topic. but if you want a game PM me (or skype) i'm ready to go right now (and i know you are online :P

#15 djlonewulf

djlonewulf

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Why does it matter who is better in a PvE game.

^ Exactly what you said

sure you can..

anyway if you have enough lumber inc you can get your hero to solo all of the creeps (since stats give armor he can tank anything + kill anything.. all of the successful eternia attempts i've taken part of were essentially I OP lumber some hero so it can go off and solo eternia...)

//i think a replay would solve this definitely tho . hint hint :D

Now thats badazz haha, i was gonna try to do that with tinker for fun, but he doesnt adjust w/ any upgrades :'(

#16 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

thats not the point .... u cant do it only units in night + inv + air + eternia in 6.40 and i hate liar....

but.. but.. i don't lie :( *sadface*

• sHs(Fattony) likes this

#17 Revol

Revol

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Wait. Waffle your rank buff affects your alc's? its NEVER worked on my alc troops before. ones I manual trained or reciveded from claiming a base... I latterly can only use it for sets of 8+ and even then I have to stop and let it mana up sometimes lol.

#18 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

your HERO gains 0.1 mana/s per rank
since im ar rank 30 that is 3 mana/s from ability.. + int gain + base regen..
mass transmute costs 90 mana transmute costs 45
most factories can make 4 mills in 16 sec or more leaving plenty of time for replenishment.

//16 sec is if it is maxed but you will spend bout 1-2 s issuing new workers to the builder too so .. 

with a regular alch he has 1 mana/s base regen (1.5/s in dev branch already + it now costs 60w)

i recommend u make a 5+5 factory formation if you have less rank than that. 3-4 alchs should be enough for that and that is still manageable. (tho you cant reach my epic production then..)

#19 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

Wait. Waffle your rank buff affects your alc's? its NEVER worked on my alc troops before. ones I manual trained or reciveded from claiming a base... I latterly can only use it for sets of 8+ and even then I have to stop and let it mana up sometimes lol.

Revol, a tip if you don't use a alch hero, buy mana pots with the alch

#20 Tyrande.PH

Tyrande.PH

Corporal

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

your HERO gains 0.1 mana/s per rank
since im ar rank 30 that is 3 mana/s from ability.. + int gain + base regen..
mass transmute costs 90 mana transmute costs 45
most factories can make 4 mills in 16 sec or more leaving plenty of time for replenishment.

//16 sec is if it is maxed but you will spend bout 1-2 s issuing new workers to the builder too so .. 

with a regular alch he has 1 mana/s base regen (1.5/s in dev branch already + it now costs 60w)

i recommend u make a 5+5 factory formation if you have less rank than that. 3-4 alchs should be enough for that and that is still manageable. (tho you cant reach my epic production then..)

Would you mind P.S your Best Produced at 30 mins left?
(Difficulty, Role, and etc doesnt matter only the Lumber Produce Does)

----

since i use different way of lumbering than most of my FSA Playmates thats why i want to compare..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users