Photo

Managing your lumber

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Public-Noob

Public-Noob

Private 2

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

So, I have been fighting nightmare lately (already survived impossible), and these creeps hit like a truck, so usually I just keep shift-hold my survivor to keep building lumber mills, upgrade 2 lumber lvl 2, upgrade gold, upgrade 3 lumber lvl 2, obsidian, on and on, and failed, so tell me how is your strategies when early? Any youtube videos is appreciated since its hard to view replay using warcraft

P.S, so I got trojan roar, so it can only be used one time in whole life or it is given every times I started new fortress round?

#2 mcknapp7

mcknapp7

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

every new game, u get 1. its a permanent achievement item.

#3 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hmm i dont have a strategy i just play i guess and know what im doing so i would suggest just keep practicing.

#4 yungyungyung

yungyungyung

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hmm i dont have a strategy i just play i guess and know what im doing so i would suggest just keep practicing.

Yeah ive only ranked up to 25 like 2000000 times so seeing a new number would be good!

wondering how you get to 25rank with 2000000 time play. just curious  :D

#5 zhong881209

zhong881209

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

wondering how you get to 25rank with 2000000 time play. just curious  :D

lol, did u quote the correct place? wrong topic sir

anyway, practice make perfect, just keep trying.

depend on ppl, but the most easiest are maybe to focus on building lumber lvl 6/7 ASAP, while upgrading your well/wall.

try not to wipe the creeps nearest to your wall, make those weak creeps camping at your wall, to buy you time while you still trying to gaining lumber.

choose base with choke point as small as possible, or make use of terrain

#6 Public-Noob

Public-Noob

Private 2

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

2000000 games? Dafuq is that

#7 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Well every time you play a game at level 25 and hit 100% again right it says you rank up to 25 and ive played so much that ive seen that number 2000000 times

#8 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

lol, did u quote the correct place? wrong topic sir

anyway, practice make perfect, just keep trying.

depend on ppl, but the most easiest are maybe to focus on building lumber lvl 6/7 ASAP, while upgrading your well/wall.

try not to wipe the creeps nearest to your wall, make those weak creeps camping at your wall, to buy you time while you still trying to gaining lumber.

choose base with choke point as small as possible, or make use of terrain

Note: on nightmare creeps have a very powerful Fury ability. if you don't kill them they eventually end up having ~3 times their base attack damage.
Do not underestimate armor upgrades. it may seem like subsequent armor point are less effective. this is an ILLUSION. armor does not get less effective. you can survive with gold/obsidian walls unbelievable long if you have good armor upgrades.
also.. Armor aura statue. max it early. it is dirt cheap.