Photo

Newbies vs Snowman of Rage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

I've seen alot of people dying at Snowman, some of these people are newbies and some it it are regular players. How about remove Snowman in Very Easy and Normal. Please refer to this video: 

#2 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

if you remove snowman on very easy mode theres no more thrill and the game.

#3 123HELLO

123HELLO

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

...I'm sorry you wanted thrill on "VERY EASY"? I think you have a problem...

#4 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

Newbies will improve their skills if they get to finish the game, they will proceed to a higher level and challenge other bosses, for your info, Snowman is harder than Tyura.

#5 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Tyura is stronger then snowman. She just comes later. I hate snowman too tho He makes only-units survival to hell.

#6 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Look... The snowman is just a very hard challenge players have to overcome. I don't see a reason to disable him in any mode just because some noobs can't hold a Defense Long enough.

#7 Darkside007

Darkside007

Private First Class

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Look... The snowman is just a very hard challenge players have to overcome. I don't see a reason to disable him in any mode just because some noobs can't hold a Defense Long enough.

It's his AoE that's killer - once while I was soloing (everyone else left early on) on Normal that first Snowball Barrage killed all of my repair units/bots in 1 volley. I went =( and quit. Used to be Fire Elemental's death AoE would do that, but at least with him it's one time and the rep units have a decent chance to survive.

#8 mcknapp7

mcknapp7

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

actually having snowman is good, to gauge your defense and dps.  a good preparation for other incoming bosses at later stage.

#9 Nevo

Nevo

Webmaster

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

It's his AoE that's killer - once while I was soloing (everyone else left early on) on Normal that first Snowball Barrage killed all of my repair units/bots in 1 volley. I went =( and quit. Used to be Fire Elemental's death AoE would do that, but at least with him it's one time and the rep units have a decent chance to survive.

You have a point there.... I guess if enough people request it. I will disable him on Very Easy.

#10 mcknapp7

mcknapp7

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

ur repair bots upgraded with the hp boost on Team Upgrade (75 lumber) ? From what i know, Heroes dying is expected but not bots?

#11 zhong881209

zhong881209

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

ur repair bots upgraded with the hp boost on Team Upgrade (75 lumber) ? From what i know, Heroes dying is expected but not bots?

i dont remember repair bots will die from just snowman's aoe, since the repair bots and units can repair each other, it hardly die as long as you research the hp boost, with upgrade ofc.

#12 Public-Noob

Public-Noob

Private 2

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Made 10+ rocketeer, die in one shot, what the hell??? Problem was, snowman wasn't even trying to get in front of my wall, it was running here and there, spamming its 25 snowball, that's right folks, it spent all of its snowball, shadow assassin died like 6~7 times, my God! Nerf its snowball damage

#13 mcknapp7

mcknapp7

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

out of curiosity, which based were u  using?

#14 Public-Noob

Public-Noob

Private 2

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Storage room & the one on top of it (2 walls)

#15 Darkside007

Darkside007

Private First Class

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

He comes early enough so that I generally don't have the wood to research that upgrade. I spend it on walls and mills at that point.

He's also early enough so that he's the *only* reason you'd upgrade the bots at that point - the ranged creeps are weak enough at that point so it isn't necessary.

Also, FS itself is generally trending more and more towards stuff that forumites and long-term players can enjoy, but is either concealed from or pwns the fuck out of new players. You shouldn't have to lose repeatedly on Very Easy or Normal because X sequence came with no warning, and you have to memorize the approximate spawn times of various bosses and units. That'll turn people off, not bring people in.

You want to be DotA, not Footmen Frenzy.

#16 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

So lets do a vote? I am for Snowman not Being removed. he's Easy. u can counter him easy too.

#17 Nythra

Nythra

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

He comes early enough so that I generally don't have the wood to research that upgrade. I spend it on walls and mills at that point.

He's also early enough so that he's the *only* reason you'd upgrade the bots at that point - the ranged creeps are weak enough at that point so it isn't necessary.

Also, FS itself is generally trending more and more towards stuff that forumites and long-term players can enjoy, but is either concealed from or pwns the fuck out of new players. You shouldn't have to lose repeatedly on Very Easy or Normal because X sequence came with no warning, and you have to memorize the approximate spawn times of various bosses and units. That'll turn people off, not bring people in.

You want to be DotA, not Footmen Frenzy.

cause DOTA is noob friendly? methinks not!

but i can see your point, it would be awesome if different difficulties all had different bosses, i have no idea how much programming that would take tho.

or if the spawn of bosses was randomised and their attack, damage and abilities all changed depending on spawn time

#18 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

So lets do a vote? I am for Snowman not Being removed. he's Easy. u can counter him easy too.

Yes, I know that, how about the newbies? You will force them to rage quit especially when he's the host. >.>

#19 That_Girl

That_Girl

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Ion cannon to the face usually works.

#20 mcknapp7

mcknapp7

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yes, I know that, how about the newbies? You will force them to rage quit especially when he's the host. >.>

As i said earlier, Snowman is a gauge of your defense and dps. Team upgrade (example :Mecha up, boosting a lot of hp for repair bots and units) should be upgraded at the right time. Usually before Dreadbane comes, it is essential to upgrade Mecha up. The earthquake might wipe the bots. Since u mention about Snowman being too strong, I think i rather lose the game in mid way than end game. If we cant survive snowman, no way we can survive the different bosses in late game. An Example Jasfal The Tauren boss, does massive damage in each blow. Survive snowman shows whether you are ready for late game. :)