Photo

Lost code apparently

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Corkeykin

Corkeykin

Private

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

I hope someone here can help but what happened is I was Rank 16 when I logged off War 3 went to bed, Next morning I woke up went to work when I got back home something very bad got installed on my PC not sure how but it was a combo of some viruses (think my wife may have viewed stuff she shouldn't have) anyways it really jacked up my PC so I had format and reload windows however before I formatted I made a backup of my warcraft 3 folder as I knew it saved my progress for some of the maps I played at that location, so after formatting and re-installing windows I re-installed Warcraft 3 fresh from my battle.net account however when I attempted to view my rank code I got the file was corrupt and couldn't be opened which what sucks is all the files I backed up seam to have the same problem and have very strange file names so is there anyway I could get my rank 16 code back? I have attached a screenshot and the last time I was able to play WC3 was 5-8-2013 now my PC is back online and I am back to rank 1. I really hope someone can help me as this was one of the more important files I have and hope someone can help get my code back or get a new one.

Thank you very much.

Attached Files

• Attached File  File.png   508.21KB   36 downloads

#2 NEOGRANZON

NEOGRANZON

Private

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Try opening it in admin (Right Click>Run as...) (Windows XP) or maybe you have deleted your notepad or wordpad... if not try opening it manually on notepad of word pad because I experienced it on my USB that have virus... or just Clean your computer with the antivirus and it might be the problem (because before I used my anti virus and have a lot of virus [almost 20+]) on my usb... so try scanning it if it is infected of virus or someone have opened it( forgot the filename of it but that purpose of that "filename" is to see who have run that program/document nor open folders...)

#3 ReD

ReD

Forum Spammer

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

its better to save your code to your desktop  -_-

#4 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

Try using print screen when saving your code and paste it on Paint.

#5 MichaelwP

MichaelwP

Retired Survivor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

I usually just take a quick picture of my screen with my iPhone. Quick to bring them up and delete old codes from!

#6 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

I usually just take a quick picture of my screen with my iPhone. Quick to bring them up and delete old codes from!

Paint is better. :D

#7 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

It's usually a bad habbit to delete old codes...

pics ok.. but u should keep a text record of at least a few working codes..

#8 That_Girl

That_Girl

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Same haha! So much faster then paint and my phone is always next to me >.<

#9 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Or you could use GameCaptureX which writes down everything for you, just copy+paste it into a different word document and your done :P

Download: http://www.theblackr...et/gamecapture/

#10 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Don't worry about lost codes today :D. Because save codes are now saved in your wc3 folder labeled "FortressCodes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users