Photo

Eternia

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Can't delete profile

Can't delete profile

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I heard eternia is gunna be nerfed thats nice and good but i didn't hear it changed with elemental stone. i think it pretty sucks if only 1player gets it so i suggest all ALIVE players get it.

#2 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

"alive" can mean i-died-20-min-in-and-hid-in-this-uber-pro-players-base...

This is supposed to be a super-exclusive item for achieving the near-impossible.

It does kind of suck that of a team ( and you will need a good team to kill eternia) only 1 will get it in the current implementation)

I suppose that if a reasonable method is suggested that helps determine with high precision who contributed to the effort of killing eternia then these significant contributors could also be given the item..

A few of my own ideas.. 

• need to do at least 10% of total damage dealt to eternia to be eligible.
  • need to be alive(if you are dead then basically you have lost. you shouldn't get an achievement for killing the boss if you are dead).
  • need more than (approx)5 buildings(time = when eternia spawns) (say u got ur cmd center and merc camp up.. but not much else cuz u lost your base.. is this still a significant contribution?) .
  • you need at least 2 of your towers to have attacked eternia (say another base gets eternia and you just manage to rank up 11% damage with your well-fed hero. this i feel is not in the spirit of the achievement, (arguable))

If you would like to make it a team achievement we would really like more input on how to identify the players who should get the reward and your resoning behind these.

#3 Tyrande.PH

Tyrande.PH

Corporal

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

then what about making an elemental stone some code just like Donator's Skin?

We will send a replay of a proof of beating eternia then you will pick a player

who should've obtain an Elemental Stone.. and since it is a Exclusive Item

it shoud be limited to X Number of players only. atleast 100 or 50 or less?

• Deadman's.chest likes this

#4 Brainneater

Brainneater

Brains...

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

"alive" can mean i-died-20-min-in-and-hid-in-this-uber-pro-players-base...

This is supposed to be a super-exclusive item for achieving the near-impossible.

It does kind of suck that of a team ( and you will need a good team to kill eternia) only 1 will get it in the current implementation)

I suppose that if a reasonable method is suggested that helps determine with high precision who contributed to the effort of killing eternia then these significant contributors could also be given the item..

A few of my own ideas.. 

• need to do at least 10% of total damage dealt to eternia to be eligible.
  • need to be alive(if you are dead then basically you have lost. you shouldn't get an achievement for killing the boss if you are dead).
  • need more than (approx)5 buildings(time = when eternia spawns) (say u got ur cmd center and merc camp up.. but not much else cuz u lost your base.. is this still a significant contribution?) .
  • you need at least 2 of your towers to have attacked eternia (say another base gets eternia and you just manage to rank up 11% damage with your well-fed hero. this i feel is not in the spirit of the achievement, (arguable))

If you would like to make it a team achievement we would really like more input on how to identify the players who should get the reward and your resoning behind these.

I like the idea of a certain percentage of damage to eternia. Maybe even as much as 30%?...

Tyrande.PH, that idea would not work solely because I would believe they would have to wait until the next version of the game (in which case it could take months to obtain the stone).

#5 Waffle(est)

Waffle(est)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

hard-coding players names in to the map is just awful..

it takes ages to look over a single replay let alone the thousands that would want their elemental stone now.. (cuz its a very good item, and u dont need to spend $10 unlike donator models that barely give any benefit but swag)

+ what Brain said..

#6 sHs(Fattony)

sHs(Fattony)

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I dont think this idea with only 1 player getting it is a good idea.

If the players that beated eternia together, they should all get the item. Ofc if some of the players in the base dident help as much as the other then its arguable question but  if they did enough contribution for the winning they they should all be awarded.   

#7 Bigheaded

Bigheaded

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Personally, I would say this is the hardest difficulty, with a hard boss. someone who just joined and can barely beat easy mode would not be a candidate to get the item.

I also don't "really" like the idea of just helping with hero. You should have "survived" (in the sense you still are part of the base you began in) till the end till eternia spawn to be eligible, you don't "need" to survive eternia (i.e eternia kills your base but someone else kills him, you should still gain it)

So i would put it by base locations. at 10 minutes, the bot locates each player and what buildings they have and where. at eternia spawn, it checks again, if there is a similar number of buildings up in that location (for each player), they would get the elemental stone should eternia be killed. If they've clearly "lost" and moved, it's not really an achievement is it?

That's my thoughts and it seems less abusable than waffle's. It also means lumbering can gain you a stone.

#8 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

+1 for Brain

#9 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

+2 to braineater.

#10 ReD

ReD