Impossible Mode - Overtome

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 RadianShot

RadianShot

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

Me and my friend had noticed that after endgame, the middle's Basement passage is vulnerable, so we thought that we could destroy it with a hero and win the post-game endless spawning? So we tried out on impossible mode without air nor invis, and invited a few public people to play with us.
Looks like its not possible to hit it... how? Anyone know of a unit that can hit it, since Alchemist Hero / Shadow Sniper / Survivor all can't hit.
Is there even a way to beat endless spawning?
The shadow sniper kept toming until over 1000 agi, but its still impossible (Hey!) and in a previous game which i did not record, 36 rainbow rods were not enough too. (Impossible mode too)

Anyway this is the replay for the overtoming... with me over lumbering (reach over 100k lumber)

Btw: My codes keep losing the Wings and Trojan's Roar, and its irritating ._.

#2 GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

you became fully retard

its endless so you cant end it

#3 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (GrimReaper @ Apr 5 2013, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you became fully retard

its endless so you cant end it

What you're saying is right, but maybe tell him/her in a more... friendly way? Being rude isn't necessary.

The purpose of the "endless waves" is to see how strong the defenses of the survivors are. You can't beat it nor can you disable it. Players have to die, thats why we implemented it.

#4 Ve1ro

Ve1ro

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

IF you consider surviving for a good long time 'beating' the endless mobs,
you can do this by chain basing in a spot requiring the fewest walls and allowing the most space
have enough players that some are doing nothing but lumbering.

the defenses should be maxed well before 15 remaining doing this, even on NM,
using a good mix of towers strategically placed for their purposes
ie first two layers rock towers with a pair of sin towers, surrounded by ice towers and gravity
If you have silverling, or wings of behemoth or any item that gives armor(idk if it exists)
put it in your walls. also have lots of wizards to cast slow and maybe a player focusing on using them
to morph enemies.

defenses made as powerful as possible; start toming your heros with the extra wood
and work as a team with buffed out heroes carrying black larcenies; chase down and kill the catipults
and save your walls when need be.

#5 Waffle

Waffle

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Ve1ro @ Apr 5 2013, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF you consider surviving for a good long time 'beating' the endless mobs,
you can do this by chain basing in a spot requiring the fewest walls and allowing the most space
have enough players that some are doing nothing but lumbering.

the defenses should be maxed well before 15 remaining doing this, even on NM,
using a good mix of towers strategically placed for their purposes
ie first two layers rock towers with a pair of sin towers, surrounded by ice towers and gravity
If you have silverling, or wings of behemoth or any item that gives armor(idk if it exists)
put it in your walls. also have lots of wizards to cast slow and maybe a player focusing on using them
to morph enemies.

defenses made as powerful as possible; start toming your heros with the extra wood
and work as a team with buffed out heroes carrying black larcenies; chase down and kill the catipults
and save your walls when need be.

assassin towers??
ive allways thought the stacking (slow) poison is kind of op with a few high lvl assassins..
but maybe im missing sth here.. rock towers more effective?

Shock towers also have some slowing effect..? "shock" sounds promising but i got no idea what it actually does. the tooltips should be more clear ...

#6 Zer0o

Zer0o

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Waffle @ Apr 5 2013, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shock towers also have some slowing effect..? "shock" sounds promising but i got no idea what it actually does. the tooltips should be more clear ...

They don't, they're just dealing a pretty high amount of dmg. And their passive ability after researching "magic" is fork lightning, which doesn't stun or slows enemies.

#7 RadianShot

RadianShot

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

So its impossible to break the Basement passage in the middle? Was hoping for a secret objective :x

#8 Ve1ro

Ve1ro

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

towers are optional, i use that strategy cos thats two diff kinds of slow and stunning towers.
helpful vs a bunch of things that take but a few hits to kill your walls. u can do what u think is best xD

#9 Waffle

Waffle

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

max slow+stun is a very good strategy i feel. shock towers just fell out of my short list sad.gif

verdict on assassins tho..?

#10 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

+1