Ideas for the game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frozik

Frozik

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Greetings, i would have some ideas for the game:

Like the Marine hero's "Laser Strike" ability the Rocketeer's "Nuclear Missile" should have and upgrade in my opinion.
Why do i think that? Because Nuclear Missile has the damage of 10.000 at its final level and only become useful
for mass busting at late game. Like the Ion Cannon, there would be an upgrade called "Radiation Core" which would add some
damage over time effect after the explosion at the area of the skill, so it would be more powerful even at later waves of monsers.

Salvaging ruins:
Personally I really liked the mercenary system of the game, but after playing for a while mostly using them i found out that
they are only good for boss killing/support damage. (My opinion, maybe I do something wrong)
In my opinion, adding some reason to roam the map would greatly increase the usefulness of marines.
Here is what i thought of: Sometimes there would be ruins fallen off the fortress,
caused by explosions. These ruins would be salvageable for some lumber by the "Salvaging Bot" built in the "Repair Factory".
Rock chunks and things like that would be added to the Bot's inventory and would be traded for lumber in a special building called
"Refinery".Why would people use marines more often? Because these ruins would be placed randomly on the whole map and the Bots would
be vulnerable to attacks, so mobile defense would be more prefered.

Aura Structures:
As I explained it before, I really like mercenaries and I was sad when I saw that the aura towers don't have any effect on units.
My idea is an upgrade in Command Center called "Mobilizable Statues", that would make aura towers to mobile vehicles that
give bonus to units, but its effect would be reduced and it would move slowly, so if players want to have stronger mercenary
they would have to sacrifice some of their mobility.

Obtainable items map wide:
There are items in the shop and can be dropped by a few bosses, thats true, but in my opinion more customizable builds
would make the heroes more popular. There are many areas inside the game, so the variety is pretty wide.
Here is what I personally thought of:
Night vision goggles from the Security room: Hero sees further at night.
High voltage generator from Z88-Bravo: Increases the hero's mana regeneration.
Scope from Y-54: Increases hero's attack range.
Corrupted Flower from Flower garden: Has an ability that stuns monsters for a short duration.

Well, these are my ideas and the features that would improve the game in my opinion.
Thanks for reading and please reply if liked it.

Edited by Frozik, 03 April 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#2 Waffle

Waffle

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

All for making the units more useful, made a post about it myself not that long ago..

for those who haven't seen it yet smile.gif
http://fortress-surv...howtopic=181531

Currently the game just revolves around getting max lumber for first 20 min of the game without dieing..
next 10 go for most of the towers (altho a fros and assassin come sooner) and end of game you just sit around safely preparing for behemot.

would be nice if there were more things to do.

#3 AcediaPH

AcediaPH

Forum Spammer

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Nice suggestion. But it would make the game easier, not harder. Keep focusing on making the game harder please ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users