Photo

Repair bots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Should it really be viable for you to not have to use repair bots in order to beat FS on all difficulties ( nm/air/invis included ) even early and mid game repair bots are not needed if you have medium marines on your walls. Once you can afford it, just replace them with firebats for the chaos damage/passive stun and your good to go. I mean I can see repair bots being used for endless mode but you can theoretically ditch them until endless mode and use the extra food for DPS. With that being said, repair bots rate of repair /effiency is insanely low in comparison to mechanics Im sure a reason being is that you can upgrade them instantly but still you are not getting that much added security with them. I know they are cheap but maybe they should be buffed in some way. Leave your thoughts

#2 Waffle

Waffle

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

well.. price wise it is balanced..
and you can get 4 bots per wall on average as opposed to only 2 repair units (so half as slow repair rate makes sense).

I do kind of feel that it might be nice to add a few more tiers(not only to rep bots).. (especially with the endless spawns coming on) maybe costing 5 ->10->30->100->300g each and so on. so kind of the sky would be the limit but things would get outrageously expensive so you really had to think twice what to upgrade.

Currently, unless you are clueless and solo you will end up with pretty much maxed stuff.

And when it comes to team play it's usually just.. "WALLS_AND_TOWERS_GUY:everybody get a hero and ehm..20 snipers.. and ehm... feed me!" and in the end everybody has 30k spare wood they just spend on larcey/rainbow/tomes.

extra tiers is kind of painful to do tho (in a balanced fashion anyway).

+1 for nm should not be beatable with 0 bots tho. the top difficulty should be a real challenge to even the most proficient players (wings /roar inconsistencies should be fixed tho. sth strange happening there). playing with such a primary asset missing should condem you to failure before then 30 minute mark at the latest.

#3 That_Girl

That_Girl

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

Or just decrease the repair efficiency or rate on the Repair Units so without bots your wall will definately fall.

#4 Waffle

Waffle

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well.. it has been demonstrated, that this game can be played with no walls at all.. so u can scrap the repair units too then.

I think its kind of neat you can do this smile.gif
adds a way for old folks to put a new twist on this game.

also.. since you can do this..
Losing a wall/walls used to mean instant failure.

but having good units (or 10 merc camps..) you can save the situation.. hold off the creeps till you mend the cracks.. (granite walls are kind of fragile but say this just addes to the challenge and the tension smile.gif )
this means .. .in a game based on strong static defenses .. FS.. you can make the most difficult settings with the clear intent that walls should be lost. We could add special nightmare bosses that make a wall irreparable for 60 sec for instance or drain 90% of the (maximum hp, damaged wall will fail but wont kill a wall in pristine condition).
And to survive this will show best the true prowess of the player.

there is a problem tho. currently you have to choose bots OR units. this means that unless Trojan kills your wall you wont have much units to help you(food all in bots). and if you kill trojan then replacing the wall isn't that big of a priority(behemot as a single boss in vulnerable to all the stacking effects and can be killed with just the bots as fodder if nothing helps..).

#5 TheFilthyRat

TheFilthyRat

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Honestly, they can make us use bots without nerfing mechanics. Just force us to use bots by buffing damage to the point where they are going to be needed early and end game

#6 Jem

Jem

Dedicated Survivor

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

+1